Eric Godard Recalled

Old
01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Witter

vCash: 500
Eric Godard Recalled

http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin...num=0000001110

"Flames recall Eric Godard from Omaha

Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today that forward Eric Godard has been recalled from the Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights (AHL).

This will be Godardís first time up with the Calgary Flames during the regular season, he played in three pre-season games and registered 12 minutes in penalties.

Godard, 26, has four goals and four assists and 87 penalty minutes this season in Omaha and recently had a two-goal, two-assist game for the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights. "

I expect its to keep Boogard from running Calgary again

Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
ZDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witter View Post
I expect its to keep Boogard from running Calgary again
My thoughts exactly....

Let's get ready to Rumble!

In the Red Corner Eric Godard

In the Green Corner Derek Boogaard

Ding Ding.

ZDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Witter

Godard faired pretty well against Booger in the minors earning himself a Win

Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:09 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Good news!

Anyone else think Eric Godard should replace Darren McCarty? I mean, he'd come for cheaper, and he wouldn't make us look bad when he fights, like McCarty does. Plus, McCarty is washed up and is useless to this team. He's basically a punching bag for us.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:21 PM
mac_82

McCarty does bring a ton of experience though, only guy more experienced than him on the team I would say is Yelle, and maybe Amonte...

Anyways, its about time we recalled Godard, hope he sticks around for a while!

mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
abracanada

The timing couldn't be better considering his big game. We are gonna need his scoring PUNCH.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Lunatik*

i think Boogard is a major reason for being called up... the 2 upcoming games against the oilers would be good to have a guy like that in the lineup... and even against the preds when things always seem to get very physical it would be good to have him on the ice against hordichuk

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
natural420*

yea, hes probably up to counter boogard. the guy took runs at all our smaller players the last game. kobasew, lombardi. didnt see him go after iginla or regehr, but thats typical. (he would still whoop iginla though, iginla has never caved in anyones face . i'd like to see him a regehr go at it though, although i think regehr loses that fight too)

and yes, he would be a suitable replacement to mccarty. mccarty although i like the guy and respect what he did last year, he's been kinda useless so far this year.

what are we paying mccarty a season?

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420 View Post
yea, hes probably up to counter boogard. the guy took runs at all our smaller players the last game. kobasew, lombardi. didnt see him go after iginla or regehr, but thats typical. (he would still whoop iginla though, iginla has never caved in anyones face . i'd like to see him a regehr go at it though, although i think regehr loses that fight too)

and yes, he would be a suitable replacement to mccarty. mccarty although i like the guy and respect what he did last year, he's been kinda useless so far this year.

what are we paying mccarty a season?
800k... so not too much... Prust even makes just over 650k if i remember correctly

Old
01-08-2007, 11:24 PM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
800k... so not too much... Prust even makes just over 650k if i remember correctly
well still, i guess a couple hundred thousand is still a couple hundred thousand towards the salary cap. (iam finding that out during contract time in my dynasty in NHL 07. )

Old
01-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
well still, i guess a couple hundred thousand is still a couple hundred thousand towards the salary cap. (iam finding that out during contract time in my dynasty in NHL 07. )
yeah but you can hide anyone in the minors in that game

Old
01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Merlin401

Quote:
i'd like to see [Boogaard and] regehr go at it though,
LOL!

... no you dont

Merlin401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 05:24 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin401 View Post
LOL!

... no you dont

Why not? Regehr doesn't fight often, but he's proven to be able to handle himself and stand his ground when he does, as we saw in his last fight against George Parros. I'm not saying Regehr would win, but Boogaard isn't untouchable.

I would like to see Boogaard and Godard fight tonight, though. That would make for an interesting one.

Old
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM
wukwinn

Send a message via AIM to wukwinn Send a message via Yahoo to wukwinn
Game

Set

Match!

wukwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 06:09 PM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin401 View Post
LOL!

... no you dont
oh yea i do, iam sure regehr would lose, but it would be a damn good heavyweight tilt. regehr can throw down with anyone, he just dosent fight because he actually means something to the team, boogard really does nothing but throw his weight around.

thats the crappy part about calgarys toughness, and why people can take advantage of us through fighting, our two best fighters are also two of our top 4 players (iginla and regehr) so they will rarley fight, unless the games out of reach (regehr vs. parros) or for a really good reason (iginla vs. allen).

but regehr and boogard would be one of the better fights of the year, dont know about goddard, just dont know anything about him. but i do know he's less experienced then boogard and a little smaller so just based on that, i dont like his chances. but i guess we'll see. cant wait for tonights game though, there will be some fireworks, can guarantee that much.

Old
01-09-2007, 06:17 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
dont know about goddard, just dont know anything about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrypUiTEgss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qM1qA4286Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtlMetswgQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IxvOaD4iUs

Last edited by StreakingRed: 01-09-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old
01-09-2007, 11:07 PM
natural420*

did you just pick the ones he won? or is he that impresive.

worked over boogaard though, very impresive . i really didnt think it was gonna be that one sided though. hopefully he sticks around for a while so he can do that more often. we need a guy like him to save iginla from fighting. and apparantly he can tangle with anyone in the league so far.

too bad the flames only play chara once this season.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Flames4EVER

Booger got picked and flicked by Godard tonight

Flames4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
BJo

I am an Islanders fan who watched Godard during his brief and unmemorable career. He's an average to above average fighter with absolutely not skill. He is not made for the "new NHL" and really has no role on the team. I would take McCarty over him any day. Godard is a waste unless you are playing a big rivalry game where you expect fights.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

He was a better skater than I imagined he would be. But outside of games of similar consequence as tonight, he'll stay in the pressbox or in Omaha.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
I am an Islanders fan who watched Godard during his brief and unmemorable career. He's an average to above average fighter with absolutely not skill. He is not made for the "new NHL" and really has no role on the team. I would take McCarty over him any day. Godard is a waste unless you are playing a big rivalry game where you expect fights.
from what i have heard from othe rislander fans is Godard is an average skater... which is leaps and bounds better than McCarty... he is intense and he is a true heavyweight... most guys know this as even in his short career he has stepped up and gone toe to toe with some of the best enforcers in the game... McCarty has trouble beating middle weights in fights... McCarty is not supposed to be an enforcer... Godard brings everything that mcCarty does at this stage in his career... and then he adds more speed and toughness than McCarty... not to mention the 150k less godard makes

Old
01-10-2007, 12:22 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post

You havent seen McCarty this year I take it. He has fallen from his glory days of being a top end grinder when playing for the Wings.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Jarome-a-Rome

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e8pKoQ2vRsY

Jarome-a-Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Victory Ali*

I hate the Flames with a passion but Godard is a decent hockey player and legit tough guy. If given the proper role, he could become a top two enforcer in the league and not be a liability. I said this in another thread already but in his Islander days it was a legit toss up between Carins, Laraque, and Godard as to who was the number one in the league. I really hope the Flames give Godard playing time so we can all enjoy the destruction he'll bring to the table. Of course the Flames need to waive his *** before facing the Canucks.

Victory Ali* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:14 AM
natural420*

who on the canucks is gonna fight goddard?? kesler, cooke, the almighty bieska. please