HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2014 NHL Draft Discussion, Suck for Sam or Play Bad For Ekblad?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2013, 12:17 PM
  #326
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,956
vCash: 500
absolutely have to draft a forward if we are picking top 10 this year, preferrably a center unless a winger is just significantly better than the center. our C play this year has been absolute trash.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
  #327
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
The sad part is that even if we end up with a top 10 pick, I have no faith in this regime's ability to identify and develop high end offensive talent.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
  #328
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
The sad part is that even if we end up with a top 10 pick, I have no faith in this regime's ability to identify and develop high end offensive talent.
Based on what?

TheRightWay is online now  
Old
12-13-2013, 12:52 PM
  #329
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Based on what?
General incompetence.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 01:00 PM
  #330
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
General incompetence.
I understand you but tbo they have actually drafted pretty well in recent years, Kreider and Stepan looks good so far and they have done a fine job with Ds. The teams first picks from this summer also looking promising.

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
  #331
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,547
vCash: 500
I will borrow a phrase from Nancy Pelosi. She used these words to describe the new budget deal.

"Embrace the suck"

Every game the Rangers lose is one step closer and the other division teams win. The Rangers aren't winning jack **** with this group. The team is getting blown out on a consistent basis this week to team with minor league goaltenders.

"Embrace the suck"

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 01:22 PM
  #332
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,460
vCash: 500
At this point, I'd rather get a high pick and maybe get an impact player in here.

Trim some of the fat from this current group.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 01:28 PM
  #333
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
General incompetence.
Gordie Clark is pretty much the one guy within management who has his **** together. I trust him.

TheRightWay is online now  
Old
12-13-2013, 01:35 PM
  #334
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Gordie Clark is pretty much the one guy within management who has his **** together. I trust him.
I believe it's a bit premature to say that. The jury is still out on many of his selections.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
  #335
Off Sides
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 870
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I will borrow a phrase from Nancy Pelosi. She used these words to describe the new budget deal.

"Embrace the suck"

Every game the Rangers lose is one step closer and the other division teams win. The Rangers aren't winning jack **** with this group. The team is getting blown out on a consistent basis this week to team with minor league goaltenders.

"Embrace the suck"
I hope they embrace it, it can get far worse for the future if they decide they need to attempt to save this season, and I would not put that past them.

Off Sides is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 03:14 PM
  #336
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Gordie Clark is pretty much the one guy within management who has his **** together. I trust him.

I dont trust him

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 03:15 PM
  #337
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Sides View Post
I hope they embrace it, it can get far worse for the future if they decide they need to attempt to save this season, and I would not put that past them.

Forget this season, they need to save the team. IMO they should let this season just go, its way too many problems to fix in one season

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 03:19 PM
  #338
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
absolutely have to draft a forward if we are picking top 10 this year, preferrably a center unless a winger is just significantly better than the center. our C play this year has been absolute trash.
Great, so we add a solid C to the organization. That won't help us for a couple of years.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 03:23 PM
  #339
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Great, so we add a solid C to the organization. That won't help us for a couple of years.
How many top 10 centers take THAT long to develop? This is a great draft, probably better than last year. 7/10 of the top 10 are already in the NHL contributing.

If we're going to play terrible any year, it's this year.

__________________

Thank you boys
Raspewtin is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 03:25 PM
  #340
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Great, so we add a solid C to the organization. That won't help us for a couple of years.

Wanna add another Dman?

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 03:27 PM
  #341
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
If the Rangers continue on this path, then they may have to look at dealing off some impending UFA's. Clowe brought SJ a 2nd, 3rd, and conditional 2nd(not met). Gaustad brought in a first. Looking at those deals, and a guy like Girardi/Callahan should bring in a first rounder each (very possibly more). Then you retool during Free Agency a bit, and hopefully move some guys up next season…

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 05:14 PM
  #342
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
absolutely have to draft a forward if we are picking top 10 this year, preferrably a center unless a winger is just significantly better than the center. our C play this year has been absolute trash.
draisaitl?

Dactyl is online now  
Old
12-13-2013, 11:11 PM
  #343
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Based on what?
The fact that we will draft yet another D-man

__________________
There are two types of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data;
Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 11:51 PM
  #344
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,966
vCash: 300
Now, tanking standings:

1st overall: Buffalo, 16pts (32gp)
2nd overall: Islanders, 23pts (33gp)
3rd overall: Edmonton, 25pts (34gp)
4th overall: Florida, 27pts (33gp)
5th overall: Calgary, 28pts (32gp)
6th overall: Rangers, 31pts (33gp)
7th overall: New Je- oh wait. Philadelphia, 31pts (32gp)
8th overall: Columbus, 31pts (32gp)
9th overall: Ottawa, 32pts (33gp)
10th overall: Winnipeg, 33pts (33gp)

Could easily finish with the 4th overall if we suck hard enough, and I definitely think this team is capable of that kind of suckage.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
12-13-2013, 11:54 PM
  #345
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
This franchise could use a top five caliber talent in the worst way. Particularly a center.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-14-2013, 12:04 AM
  #346
Savant
Registered User
 
Savant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
This franchise could use a top five caliber talent in the worst way. Particularly a center.
Probably not bad enough for Sam Bennett, which is unfortunate

Savant is offline  
Old
12-14-2013, 12:10 AM
  #347
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Now, tanking standings:

1st overall: Buffalo, 16pts (32gp)
2nd overall: Islanders, 23pts (33gp)
3rd overall: Edmonton, 25pts (34gp)
4th overall: Florida, 27pts (33gp)
5th overall: Calgary, 28pts (32gp)
6th overall: Rangers, 31pts (33gp)
7th overall: New Je- oh wait. Philadelphia, 31pts (32gp)
8th overall: Columbus, 31pts (32gp)
9th overall: Ottawa, 32pts (33gp)
10th overall: Winnipeg, 33pts (33gp)

Could easily finish with the 4th overall if we suck hard enough, and I definitely think this team is capable of that kind of suckage.
I find it hard to believe will be that bad. No way with the talent we have should we be locked into a top 6 pick. I'm not saying we're the Blackhawks or Pens, but we shouldn't be THIS bad.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline  
Old
12-14-2013, 12:12 AM
  #348
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,966
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
I find it hard to believe will be that bad. No way with the talent we have should we be locked into a top 6 pick. I'm not saying we're the Blackhawks or Pens, but we shouldn't be THIS bad.
What talent? We have a decent top line + Zuccarello and a good defense (that is playing like crap outside of McDonagh, sometimes Stralman, and lately DZ), but, aside from that, we suck, and Hank being human this year is exposing that sad fact.

Not only do they lack overall talent, they lack compete level.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
12-14-2013, 12:29 AM
  #349
Savant
Registered User
 
Savant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
I find it hard to believe will be that bad. No way with the talent we have should we be locked into a top 6 pick. I'm not saying we're the Blackhawks or Pens, but we shouldn't be THIS bad.
I don't think the Rangers are a lock to pass any of those teams in the standings.

Savant is offline  
Old
12-14-2013, 11:13 AM
  #350
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,952
vCash: 500
This year's draft sucks. The rangers need to unload at the deadline this year and grab as many 2015 picks as they can. Staal, Callahan, Girardi and Boyle will fetch good picks, maybe even 1sts

GWOW is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.