HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors/Speculation Part VIII: Trades for no reason

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2013, 09:13 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 776
I have said it before but I really do believe Kane would thrive in a market like NY and it will have a positive effect on his game.

Old
12-14-2013, 09:19 AM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
I have said it before but I really do believe Kane would thrive in a market like NY and it will have a positive effect on his game.
yeah i dont understand why ppl would question the move..

Kane's character issues are mainly bc hes not happy there and wants a trade, i doubt if he came here he would be an issue.. dude would thrive and give it his all.. and moving fwd the kid is 22-23yrs old.. hes a building block for sure..

Old
12-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Savant

Rangers should be looking to get centers, not messing around with enigmatic wingers.

Try and get a guy like Berglund from STL. Maybe call Colorado or the California teams.

Old
12-14-2013, 09:29 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
Rangers should be looking to get centers, not messing around with enigmatic wingers.

Try and get a guy like Berglund from STL. Maybe call Colorado or the California teams.
i seee slats getting stasny

Old
12-14-2013, 09:32 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
If one or the other happens, we wont get the other, if that makes sense. No way we pull off getting both of them with the parts we have to offer. Im leaning towards wanting Byufglien, if Im honest. Big body, huge shot, versatile. Something about Kane that makes me feel like he's never going to realize his potential.
Big no to Byfuglien with Phaneuf a pending UFA

Old
12-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK View Post
Big no to Byfuglien with Phaneuf a pending UFA
What does one have to do with the other?

You don't seriously want Phaneuf.

Old
12-14-2013, 09:51 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
What does one have to do with the other?

You don't seriously want Phaneuf.
One will seriously cost assets, the other will cost only $$

Depends what WPG wants for him.. If something with MDZ as the centerpiece doesn't work for them I stay away

Old
12-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i seee slats getting stasny
Get Stastny and do what? You realize he is a UFA. If they trade for him they have to get him resign at a pay cut, if Stastny doesn't agree to that it's a pointless move.

Old
12-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Okay, who would do Brassard, Girardi, 2nd for E. Kane? Just out of curiosity...
I would, Girardi is the only thing they might miss, but he is worth the chance of Kane becoming the player he should.

rip
Old
12-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:

id love Berglund but i dont know if Blues move him.. how about TJ Oshie? id love to have him.

Old
12-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
If one or the other happens, we wont get the other, if that makes sense. No way we pull off getting both of them with the parts we have to offer. Im leaning towards wanting Byufglien, if Im honest. Big body, huge shot, versatile. Something about Kane that makes me feel like he's never going to realize his potential.
Kane who posted that pic of him flaunting stacks of cash? Yeah, he won't get distracted in NY....

Old
12-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
id love to get him here. at least he adds intensity in his game unlike Nash who looks like hed rather be somewhere else

this is pretty cool and funny

Old
12-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Mikos87

I love hearing the EKane and Big Buff NYR rumors... Sign me up.

EKane's issues are getting him traded. EKane can be who he is in a city like NY. Dude's a bad mother. I want EKane on this team. Not at some crazy price however.

I posted a couple of times about getting EKane and Big Buff awhile back because that's exactly what the Rangers need. John Gianone mentioned Big Buff on his podcast a week or two ago.

Being two minority players playing in a big city, I think their presence would go a long way in garnering a new generation of fans. I wouldn't be surprised if EKane became a Jay Z client, NY is made for him.

And with the finest variety of restaurants from all parts of the globe, NYC is made for a guy like Big Buff too.

Brassard, Zucc, Dorsett, Hrivik, Allen, Skjei, '14 1st & '15 2nd.

EKane & Big Buff

Old
12-14-2013, 10:31 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post

EKane's issues are getting him traded. EKane can be who he is in a city like NY. Dude's a bad mother. I want EKane on this team. Not at some crazy price however.

I posted a couple of times about getting EKane and Big Buff awhile back because that's exactly what the Rangers need. John Gianone mentioned Big Buff on his podcast a week or two ago.

Being two minority players playing in a big city, I think their presence would go a long way in garnering a new generation of fans. I wouldn't be surprised if EKane became a Jay Z client, NY is made for him.

And with the finest variety of restaurants from all parts of the globe, NYC is made for a guy like Big Buff too.

EKane & Big Buff

Horrible trade. I rather keep our picks and i rather keep Skjei. Where is this Kane stuff coming from?

Old
12-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post

EKane & Big Buff
that is too much......

Zucc is one of the best passers on the team... id rather keep him..

how about adding Del Zotto, Brassard, Hrivik, Skjei, Boyle, 1st 2015, 2ed 2014 for Kane, Buff and Stuart. Rangers still need more bite on the blueline.

Old
12-14-2013, 10:33 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
yeah i dont understand why ppl would question the move..

Kane's character issues are mainly bc hes not happy there and wants a trade, i doubt if he came here he would be an issue.. dude would thrive and give it his all.. and moving fwd the kid is 22-23yrs old.. hes a building block for sure..

Sounds like the Nash thing. It will cost us way too much for Kane. No thanks.Trade some expiring guys and build the right way. Why does Winnipeg wanna get rid of him? He is unhappy? And he will be happy here?

Old
12-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Trading our 1st rounder again? And to make it worse, in a year where we might get a high pick? Please don't!

12-14-2013, 10:35 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
that is too much......

how about adding Del Zotto, Brassard, Hrivik, Skjei, Boyle, 1st 2015, 2ed 2014 for Kane, Buff and Stuart. Rangers still need more bite on the blueline.

Thats bad though. Every trade you make includes Boyle. If he sucks as much as you think he does,why would anyone want him? DZ too.

Old
12-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Thats bad though. Every trade you make includes Boyle. If he sucks as much as you think he does,why would anyone want him? DZ too.
why would a team want Gomez, when he stunk. someone took Brashear when he stunk. im sure Sather can get something of use or at least help the Wolfpack...

Old
12-14-2013, 10:39 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
why would a team want Gomez, when he stunk. someone took Brashear when he stunk. im sure Sather can get something of use or at least help the Wolfpack...

For a 21 year old 30 goal scorer? you wanna give Winnipeg garbage. They would laugh at those trades. overpayment anyway.

Old
12-14-2013, 10:39 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Really, people are still buying into the "NY will revitalize him!!" thing?

I like Kane, but I would not expect him to magically be anything other than what he has shown/projects to be.

On the contrary I would argue that if anything he is way more likely to come here and get distracted and disinterested. Script has played out way too many times.

12-14-2013, 10:40 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Really, people are still buying into the "NY will revitalize him!!" thing?

I like Kane, but I would not expect him to magically be anything other than what he has shown/projects to be.

On the contrary I would argue that if anything he is way more likely to come here and get distracted and disinterested. Script has played out way too many times.

Agreed. Kane is good but not worth the price. So overrated on this board

Old
12-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Horrible trade. I rather keep our picks and i rather keep Skjei. Where is this Kane stuff coming from?
WPG doesn't want to pay EKane $6M for some behind the scenes stuff, mostly involving Noel. WPG calls his dad in from time to time to come and live with EKane.

I would rather field a winning hockey team. WPG has to overpay players to have them play there, and now are faced with being unprofitable if they don't play in the playoffs. Smallest arena in the league that seats thousands less than most teams.

EKane & Big Buff take up $40M in financial obligations for a team that will be in the red right around the corner.

WPG knows it's not seeing any return from the prospects that ATL developed for them.

They need NHL players, and they need some crops in the farm.

Old
12-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Mikos87

Quote:
that is too much......

I would rather move Boyle and Stralman as rentals to restock assets for the farm. I want the soft off this team. I want players that can win battles, not ones that just get effort points because the rest of the team is dogging it.

It probably will take DZ, but with Staal out that is a major risk with John Moore not showing a single sign of taking hold of a top 4 role, and no skating pretty isn't enough.

Stuart is slower than G and Big Buff, I think it would take away from mobility on the back end. But then again I'm of the belief that this club needs AV & Arnie to play a collapsing higher percentage style, or get rid of them to send a message that this organization is all about winning.

Would love to add a Thorburn as he is a respected pugilist out there.

Old
12-14-2013, 10:51 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Man. Judging from the product on the ice, the posts in this thread, some of the stuff out in the media....

The Rangers are really at a crossroads here. More than ever before really.

Unfortunately, as long as Lundqvist is here a true rebuild will never happen. You guys have to realize that. For the next 8 years, regardless, the Rangers are going to push to be a competitive team in the NHL. Right now is a major inflection point. Do we continue down mediocrity, and hope that a big signing / trade finally puts us over the top?

Do we true rebuild and make Lundqvist's next 3 or 4 years here tough?

Do we restock wisely, while losing important future assets? A guy like Miller, Fast, Lindberg, or Skjei? Or draft picks?

Yikes.

Consistently mediocre. Consistently clinching a playoff berth in the last game of the season. Destined for a 1st or 2nd round exit.

Push through this season. Trade Girardi for a top 6 forward. Trade DZ for an RHD of equal value. Don't re-sign Callahan. Put everything we have into Phaneuf and Stastny in the off-season. Now THAT is New York Rangers hockey

Closed Thread