HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Coots: Sean Couturier

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2013, 09:56 AM
FlyingPhilly

vCash: 500
Hope Couturier celebrates becoming legal to drink today with another breakout game. Happy 21st!

Old
12-07-2013, 11:40 AM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Hope Couturier celebrates becoming legal to drink today with another breakout game. Happy 21st!
In Quebec, its 18 to be legal to drink and Couturier is from Quebec. He's already legal when he is at home during summer.

Old
12-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He's one of several posters who doesn't like Schenn very much.

I don't think it's very logical but that's just my opinion.
Schenns plural. Brayden has one of the best shots on the team and that is about it.

Old
12-07-2013, 11:56 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Schenns plural. Brayden has one of the best shots on the team and that is about it.
Well he asked what happened to Schenn in your line-up which was only the forwards, so Schenn singular was correct.

There's also the fact that he's 22 and is 8th among forwards in avg ice time per game. He's also one of our best pt producers in general in terms of pts/minutes played. His physical game has dropped this year but he also brings that element. There are many things he does well, people just need to be patient but that's not a common commodity among hockey fans, especially Flyers fans.

Old
12-07-2013, 12:32 PM

vCash: 50
I'd be happy to be patient with Schenn, but there's not much to encourage us that any real progress is being made. He's invisible out there most nights.

Old
12-07-2013, 12:39 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
He's 2nd on the team in points. He's 2nd on the team in hits among forwards. The only player in the top 9 he gets more ice time then is Downie and lately that hasn't been true either however atm Downie avgs less toi on the season. He's only invisible because you aren't watching him play. Schenns going to be a big part of the offense soon and his brother is going to be a solid middle pairing defensemen for a while.

Old
12-07-2013, 12:40 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I'd be happy to be patient with Schenn, but there's not much to encourage us that any real progress is being made. He's invisible out there most nights.
I don't really care if some fans think he's invisible as long as he keeps putting up points. His inconsistency issues will fix with experience IMO.

Old
12-07-2013, 12:45 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzle View Post
In Quebec, its 18 to be legal to drink and Couturier is from Quebec. He's already legal when he is at home during summer.
That doesn't change the fact he wasn't legal in the U.S where he is located for most of the year.

Old
12-07-2013, 12:58 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

vCash: 50
After seeing JVR's progression after his first three seasons can people please not complain about Brayden Schenn to date?

Old
12-07-2013, 01:07 PM
MP92
Samoan strong

Quote:
JVR also didn't show much aside from one playoff run and look how he's turning out.

Old
12-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
I feel the same way. He seems to be good at putting himself in the right places to score which is an important skill, but he doesn't do much else that wows or stands out. Still, he produces.

You just know if he's traded he'll immediately break out.

12-09-2013, 08:52 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzle View Post
he's from new brunswick...but on to my question

there is a discussion about couturier on the habs board but i wanted to see what flyers fans think

eller, beaulieu and something small

for

couturier and morin.

what do you think?

Old
12-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I feel the same way. He seems to be good at putting himself in the right places to score which is an important skill, but he doesn't do much else that wows or stands out. Still, he produces.

You just know if he's traded he'll immediately break out.
Trade ya Eberle for Schenn +

Old
12-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
JVR also didn't show much aside from one playoff run and look how he's turning out.
There were flashes with JVR. Brayden's had maybe a good series. Hard to say when we didn't win anything of merit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Trade ya Eberle for Schenn +
Cut the ****. Eberle's not going to improve the team any more than he does in Edmonton, and we all know where they sit. What this team needs is a solid, two-way, top-pairing defenseman to somewhat alleviate the aging of Timonen, and loss of Pronger.

Old
12-09-2013, 09:29 PM
tuckrr

That iron really stings, but at least he kicked the snot out of Turris!

Old
12-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post

there is a discussion about couturier on the habs board but i wanted to see what flyers fans think

for

couturier and morin.

what do you think?
No. Go away. Get off our lawn.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:

for

couturier and morin.

what do you think?
My God.

Old
12-09-2013, 10:48 PM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

vCash: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
My God.

Old
12-10-2013, 01:25 PM
DecadesofFutility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Imagine if Laughton is the real deal and in a couple years he becomes close to the luxury at 3C that Couturier is now...

Giroux / Couturier / Laughton down the middle... wow.
Yeah our centers look great, but our defense is slow and lacks any offensive skill.
That is why I wanted Dougie Hamilton, not Courturier.
This defense is so slow and average, someone needs to be traded to bring in new blood on the defensive side.
Have no problem trading both Schenn's or Courturier and a defenseman for a player of Hamilton's promise on the backend.
This team is only average overall, they need to rebuild the defense first, not continue to patch it with players like Streit.

Last edited by DecadesofFutility: 12-10-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: clarity
Old
12-10-2013, 01:32 PM
DecadesofFutility

Quote:

for

couturier and morin.

what do you think?
We need a number #1 defenseman, and Courturier is better than Eller, IMO.
I do not see Beaulieu as the offensive presence we need at defense.
Sorry, not interested.

If you are willing to give up your #1 defenseman for Courturier, then I'll consider the offer.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:46 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

[QUOTE=Clown Baby;75877221]There were flashes with JVR. Brayden's had maybe a good series. Hard to say when we didn't win anything of merit.
QUOTE]

You cant discount that Schenn is playing on a much more offensively challenged team than JVR was too. Schenn was solid in the 2012 Playoffs. Not JVR 2011 good, but solid. He doesn't have the same quality of teammates that JVR did.

Old
12-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
I can honestly see Couturier becoming the captain of an nhl team at some point in his future. He offers a lot of intangibles and is just a shutdown guy that is learning his offensive game.

Old
12-14-2013, 03:10 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post

Comments like this boggle my mind. Last two seasons:

Brayden Schenn

Last season (bottom ten team, Simmonds/Briere most common linemates): 21 years old, 47 GP, 8 Goals, 18 Assists, 26 points
This season (Simmonds/VL most common linemates): 22 years old, 32GP, 7 Goals, 11 Assists, 18 points

JvR

Last season, (playoff team, Kessel/Bozak most common linemate): 23 years old, 48GP, 18 Goals, 14 Assists, 32 Points
This season, (Kessel/Bozak most common linemates): 24 years old, 31GP, 14G, 12A, 26 points

Brayden Schenn has shown nothing! Sure, he is younger and playing with worse linemates on a worse team, but the guy had 6 less points last year and 8 this year! JvR is turning into a complete stud! Schenn just isn't doing anything.

If you are impressed/ok/excited/whatever about JvR's performance, you should be equally excited about Schenn, if not moreso given that he is playing on a worse team with worse linemates and is two years younger, which usually makes such a huge difference on these boards.

I keep pointing to Bobby Ryan, but its just the easiest example. Last year he was not as valuable as Voracek because he was two or three years older and played with better linemates. But JvR is so much better than Schenn and his age or linemates is not taken into account (nor are his stats, apparently, which are comparable to the younger Schenn playing with worse teammates).

Oh well. He's a bust.

Last edited by DrinkFightFlyers: 12-14-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old
12-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

Brayden Schenn

Last season (bottom ten team, Simmonds/Briere most common linemates): 21 years old, 47 GP, 8 Goals, 18 Assists, 26 points
This season (Simmonds/VL most common linemates): 22 years old, 32GP, 7 Goals, 11 Assists, 18 points

JvR

Last season, (playoff team, Kessel/Bozak most common linemate): 23 years old, 48GP, 18 Goals, 14 Assists, 32 Points
This season, (Kessel/Bozak most common linemates): 24 years old, 31GP, 14G, 12A, 26 points

Brayden Schenn has shown nothing! Sure, he is younger and playing with worse linemates on a worse team, but the guy had 6 less points last year and 8 this year! JvR is turning into a complete stud! Schenn just isn't doing anything.

If you are impressed/ok/excited/whatever about JvR's performance, you should be equally excited about Schenn, if not moreso given that he is playing on a worse team with worse linemates and is two years younger, which usually makes such a huge difference on these boards.

I keep pointing to Bobby Ryan, but its just the easiest example. Last year he was not as valuable as Voracek because he was two or three years older and played with better linemates. But JvR is so much better than Schenn and his age or linemates is not taken into account (nor are his stats, apparently, which are comparable to the younger Schenn playing with worse teammates).

Oh well. He's a bust.
I agree with your sarcasm. People are crapping on Schenn yet his 2nd year and this year mirrors JVR's 2nd and 3rd year. All while on a crappier team. Schenn is on pace for 46 points...JVR's 3rd year..on pace for 46 points. Schenn is currently 2nd in team scoring. JVR's 46 points would have put him at 8th in scoring that year. JVR played with MUCH more offensive team.

Have some patience. Without him having a big breakout this year, he will be signing a nice bridge contract like Couts did and then in the next years, he will grow. Just watch.

Old
12-14-2013, 05:42 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

Brayden Schenn

JvR

Oh well. He's a bust.
Awesome post. Also take into consideration that JVR is, on average, getting over 5 more minutes of ice time a game, literally. Almost a minute of that is on the pp too. People need to take it easy on this kid.

Though I think SCOREacek was advocating patients, using JVR as an example.

Closed Thread