HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 1/09/07 Pens @ TB

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
That Sarich hit on Recchi reminded me of that hit he had on Roenick in game 7 of the conference finals.

Old
01-09-2007, 08:49 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
The ice is very bad in that end tonight. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'll let you know in 9 minutes.
at the risk of jinxing it. I am finally back in my 03-04 mode of being confident that this team will win the game. I'm no longer afraid of the pens scoring, I'm just afraid of us not upping the lead to three goals

Maybe Im optomistic, but in the past two games against the Pens I've felt like we're finally back to the old team that doesn't lose in ridiculous ways.

Old
01-09-2007, 08:51 PM
IcePalace

Speaking of the Gators, what a game last night! I'm so glad they beat OSU, especially after that embarassing kickoff return. 41-14. Has a similar ring to 52-20.

Old
01-09-2007, 08:53 PM
IcePalace

Damnit. That sucks. I'm keeping quiet.

Old
01-09-2007, 08:55 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Here we go.

Old
01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
IcePalace

OK. Must speak again. Empty net goal! Now! Lecavalier I'm looking at you

HAHAHA I never notice Thunderbug has a ring!

Old
01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
IcePalace

Damn. Sarich almost scored! Man.

Old
01-09-2007, 08:59 PM
IcePalace

Gotta. Love. Holmqvist.

Old
01-09-2007, 09:04 PM
IcePalace

Marty is such a standup guy. I think all of our players are outstanding. I'm glad to have a team that isn't full of bullies. They can hit like them, but they're not ***holes like them.

Old
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Did you see that kids face when Marty handed him the puck? That was way cool.

Great effort tonight. Other than Boyle's blunder and that fluke goal Homer was outstanding.

I really hope they can keep this up.

Old
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 800
Awards:
wow..I was thinking here we go again...I hope we see Holmer again thursday..

01-09-2007, 09:08 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Did you see that kids face when Marty handed him the puck? That was way cool.

Great effort tonight. Other than Boyle's blunder and that fluke goal Homer was outstanding.

I really hope they can keep this up.
He didn't notice at first...then he was quite surprised

Old
01-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
I'm excited about tonight!

With a Tampa win, and a WSH, BOS and TOR loss, Tampa will finally be in the playoff picture again, as they'll overtake Toronto(on the basis of Tampa having more wins) for the 8th seed in the playoffs!

I'd prefer the Bolts to go with Holmqvist tonight, as he was excellent Sunday night against the Pens.
ALRIGHT!

A Tampa win, and Boston and Toronto both loss...Washington won...3 out of 4 not bad at all!

This is the team that I want to see show up every night...great game tonight fellas!

Old
01-09-2007, 09:44 PM
shaner89

Holmqvist with another big performance.

St Louis is soo good.

Old
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Maria

Great game by the guys, Vinny, Marty, Eric good effort as always. JH was awesome.

Congrats to Karlsson for his baby

Old
01-09-2007, 10:17 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I wonder if Mike caught Melichar's jockstrap after Vinny abused him.
Nobody has ever asked me if I had caught a jockstrap before. The answer is no, none were caught tonight.

Dan Boyle definitely looked like the best defenseman in the league in the first minute tonight. Heck, I was confusing him with Bobby Orr. Definitely better with him then without him and his turnovers to a player who leads the league in points that I detest less then a minute into the game.

I was ready to jump at that moment.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
Look at Lecavalier again. He's been playing excellent defense lately and an even more excellent offense!
I think you typed this after he broke up a Staal chance with a good backcheck. I wish people would watch more games of him to see he can play defense and does it pretty well. He's not a Peca, Draper, Pahlsson, etc in his own zone, but he certainly isn't a liability in his own end. Funniest post I saw over the summer was someone calling him a cherry picker and the reason the poster said that was because he scored a lot of goals off rebounds. Yeah, if that didn't make sense to you...it didn't make much sense to me either when I read it in one of the million "OMG Lecavalier most overrated player ever LOLZ!!!!" threads.

Great effort tonight. I think that was one of the best games they've played in a while. Forecheck was giving the Pens D fits and the Pens only generated a few good chances. PK was excellent tonight and the PP looked dangerous too. Homer was very good tonight. Amazing: good special teams and goaltending resulted in a win. Maybe these guys should try it more often.

Old
01-10-2007, 12:09 AM
missK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XO Sniper View Post
So Dan Boyle is our MVP according to The Chief.

Thoughts?

Ok, since I was at the game I didn't hear the comment. Was Chief talking MVP of the entire team or just MVP of the defense??

Cause even MVP of the defense is a big stretch if you count the actual minutes he's really playing defense for the team and hasn't turned the puck over during one of his favorite spin-o-rama moves.

P.S. I loved the Sarich hit on Recchi (kind of reminded me of some classic Cully hits). I also loved that lots of guys were checking tonight. I don't understand why some games it seems like everyone is checking and other games it seems like everyone is afraid to check for fear of the coaching staff.

Old
01-10-2007, 12:39 AM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I think you typed this after he broke up a Staal chance with a good backcheck. I wish people would watch more games of him to see he can play defense and does it pretty well. He's not a Peca, Draper, Pahlsson, etc in his own zone, but he certainly isn't a liability in his own end. Funniest post I saw over the summer was someone calling him a cherry picker and the reason the poster said that was because he scored a lot of goals off rebounds. Yeah, if that didn't make sense to you...it didn't make much sense to me either when I read it in one of the million "OMG Lecavalier most overrated player ever LOLZ!!!!" threads.

Great effort tonight. I think that was one of the best games they've played in a while. Forecheck was giving the Pens D fits and the Pens only generated a few good chances. PK was excellent tonight and the PP looked dangerous too. Homer was very good tonight. Amazing: good special teams and goaltending resulted in a win. Maybe these guys should try it more often.
That's exactly the play I was talking about. I think that people think he's a cherry picker because he knows exactly when it's time to leave the zone (as soon as St. Louis touches the puck ). Although the rebound part really doesn't make any sense. He gets goals off of rebounds because he goes to the net. Some people just don't understand it I guess. I'm glad you guys on these GDTs do You guys are a great group. I'm glad I stumbled into here when I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
Ok, since I was at the game I didn't hear the comment. Was Chief talking MVP of the entire team or just MVP of the defense??
He was just talking about defense, and just on the Lightning. He was doing his "Chief awards" thing for the mid point of the season, like he did last season. He also cited Lecavalier and Perrin. I don't remember who else he picked for the around the league part. Rookies were Malkin, Staal, and....uh...I forget actually...

Old
01-10-2007, 12:51 AM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
I slept through the entire game.. lol. Good win! Glad Marty continues his goal scoring dominance. I'm hoping AO hits a cold streak so Marty can get a nice lead.

Old
01-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
I don't remember who else he picked for the around the league part. Rookies were Malkin, Staal, and....uh...I forget actually...
It was Kopitar, the second coming of the lord, and someone I would give up this entire damn team to get.

Having said that, is it safe to say that Denis is pretty much done in Tampa? I know it's only half way into his first season here, but let's be honest. The guy gets minimal starts, he quite often gets outplayed by Holmqvist (who doesn't always do that well himself, but when he's on, he looks much better than Denis when he's on) and just doesn't seem like he's going to ever be able to really take the spot.

Old
01-10-2007, 01:04 AM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
It was Kopitar, the second coming of the lord, and someone I would give up this entire damn team to get.

Having said that, is it safe to say that Denis is pretty much done in Tampa? I know it's only half way into his first season here, but let's be honest. The guy gets minimal starts, he quite often gets outplayed by Holmqvist (who doesn't always do that well himself, but when he's on, he looks much better than Denis when he's on) and just doesn't seem like he's going to ever be able to really take the spot.
Um. OK. I hadn't heard much about him, so I think I'll defer any comments until I actually know more about him. He wasn't even the top on the chart, so I'd be happy to hear why you think he's so good. Charts lie sometimes (Lecavalier and St. Louis in previous years). BUT, I wouldn't trade this team for Alex or Sid, even both, so I suppose you either a. hold him in really high regard or b. hold the Lightning in such low regard that I don't think you could consider yourself a fan.

But then again, I'm pretty attached to our guys, especially Lecavalier and St. Louis. Holmqvist is definitely growing on me. If only I could get Modin and Kubina back. As for Denis, he's not bad, and he's made some AMAZING stops, but really Holmqvist is excellent and his off nights are still pretty good and fewer and father between than Denis' off nights. Can we trade him back for Modin!? I feel kind of bad for downplaying him so soon. I feel like I've barely seen him. Of course I'm fairly sure that he's started more than Holmqvist, but I feel like I've seen Holmqvist more. To me that means Holmqvist has been playing better, but that's so subjective it's not even funny.

Old
01-10-2007, 01:19 AM
IcePalace

By the way, they never mentioned who would be in the All-Star game during the broadcast like they said they would (or at least I missed it). Here's the list http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...ticleid=287061. Is everyone on there on the team with just the bold names being starters? I don't know how this works as I never really bothered with the all-star game (when I was younger I was too busy playing hockey to take notice ).

It kind of sucks that we have guys who are at the top in scoring and yet they're far down the list because we don't get the exposure because we're not playing as well as teams like the Sabres.

Old
01-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I was kidding a bit, but I do believe Kopitar is the best rookie out there this season. He's very, VERY good.

Old
01-10-2007, 08:26 AM
missK

Quote:
He was just talking about defense, and just on the Lightning. He was doing his "Chief awards" thing for the mid point of the season, like he did last season. He also cited Lecavalier and Perrin. I don't remember who else he picked for the around the league part. Rookies were Malkin, Staal, and....uh...I forget actually...
Thanks for the clarification! I thought maybe Chief had some canadian ginger ales before the game.

Closed Thread