HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yet another NYR/WAS

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2004, 12:31 AM
st_roland

vCash: 500
Yet another NYR/WAS

Guys, just wanted to see you thought Sather would be dumb enough to do this deal:

Kolzig/Witt for Lundmark/Tjutin/2nd in 2004.

I'm sure i'll get yelled at, but Kolzig is starting to play well, and I don't see you guys offering trash for O'neill after his pathetic showing this season. Fact is, Kolzig has been stellar when he has a half responsible defensive behind him. Also, Witt is just what the doctor ordered for the NYR, a defensively responsible d-man who'll intimidate the opposing team without putting himself out of position. I realize it would be stupid of sather to trade his only two good prospects, but come on, this is sather. Feel free to switch the 2nd if you so desire.

Old
01-25-2004, 12:35 AM
btmarshall

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
Guys, just wanted to see you thought Sather would be dumb enough to do this deal:

I'm sure i'll get yelled at, but Kolzig is starting to play well, and I don't see you guys offering trash for O'neill after his pathetic showing this season. Fact is, Kolzig has been stellar when he has a half responsible defensive behind him. Also, Witt is just what the doctor ordered for the NYR, a defensively responsible d-man who'll intimidate the opposing team without putting himself out of position. I realize it would be stupid of sather to trade his only two good prospects, but come on, this is sather. Feel free to switch the 2nd if you so desire.
It's too much, and I'm a Caps fan. Both of Lundmark and Tjutin are too much. Maybe one of them and a pick, however, would be enough.

Old
01-25-2004, 12:40 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland

Yes he would be that dumb but if you're asking Ranger fans and hockey fans what they think, obviously the deal is not favorable and would be turned down. We are not desperate like Sather is.

Old
01-25-2004, 12:50 AM
nyr5186

Its not a question of whether Sather is dumb enough to deal his two best youngsters and a pick for Kolzig and Witt, because everyone knows he is. I like Witt, I think he's exactly what the Rangers need. Kolzig, although a quick fix, as of now is still an improvement over Dunham and Markannen (who knows, Dunham can just as easily turn it around and play like he did last season, but Sather has no time to sit and hope that happens). But I wouldnt be willing to throw away whatever is left of a future for these guys. Sather has done enough of that. I might be willing to give up Lundmark for Witt, but adding Kolzig is not worthy of Tyutin and pick. How does this sound...

Rangers get: Witt and Kolzig

Caps get: Lundmark, Poti, cash

Old
01-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
You see... as of this moment, the Caps have TWO NHL calibre d-men

I highly doubt they're going to trade the one that's cheaper.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:32 AM
Galiza_Rules

The rangers don't need a goalie, how about Witt, Miller, Gruden and a 3rd for Tjutin and Lundmark

Old
01-25-2004, 01:43 AM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galiza_Rules
The rangers don't need a goalie, how about Witt, Miller, Gruden and a 3rd for Tjutin and Lundmark

Ya Think?

Old
01-25-2004, 02:09 AM
Galiza_Rules

the rangers have Dunham, Markkanen and Blackburn, Why need 13 million Kolzig for the end of the season if they will be out of playoffs? They lose 9-1 vs ottawa tonight because they don't have defense. Sort: Los rangers son una panda de vagos y maleantes and for this reason they won't make the playoffs another year

Old
01-25-2004, 02:34 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
Consider Tyutin untouchable. He's literally the ONLY solid blueline prospect the Rangers have. And seeing as how we all agree that defense is the main problem, it would be very foolish of Sather to trade him, even for Witt. If you can make a deal for Witt that doesnt involve Tyutin or a 1st rounder, Im all for it. Here's another trade proposal, this time not including Kolzig...

Rangers get: Witt and 2nd rounder

Caps get: Lundmark, Poti and cash

Old
01-25-2004, 02:52 AM
I_r_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
You see... as of this moment, the Caps have TWO NHL calibre d-men

I highly doubt they're going to trade the one that's cheaper.
Try 1..Gonchar's out for quite some time

Old
01-25-2004, 03:46 AM
justdanickoftime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Consider Tyutin untouchable. He's literally the ONLY solid blueline prospect the Rangers have. And seeing as how we all agree that defense is the main problem, it would be very foolish of Sather to trade him, even for Witt. If you can make a deal for Witt that doesnt involve Tyutin or a 1st rounder, Im all for it. Here's another trade proposal, this time not including Kolzig...

Rangers get: Witt and 2nd rounder

Caps get: Lundmark, Poti and cash

how about

rags get witt and doig and third round pick

caps get poti, lundmark, first rounder

Old
01-25-2004, 09:58 AM
txpd

Quote:
The rangers don't need a goalie
did you see the game last night?

Old
01-25-2004, 10:06 AM
txpd

i guess i have to be honest. if the caps traded kolzig and witt.....

a. they would not want poti. he gets $2.8m this year and $3.1m next...right?
witt makes less.
b. if they are going to trade kolzig they can do better than having to make the poti/witt swap.
c. if the caps did trade kolzig and witt and didnt get poti, then they would have joel kwiatkowski as the #1 defenseman while gonchar is out....AND a rookie goalie.
god those games might be ugly

Old
01-25-2004, 10:50 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdanickoftime
how about

rags get witt and doig and third round pick

caps get poti, lundmark, first rounder

Old
01-25-2004, 11:16 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
how about NYR trade the Capitals no one, and we just worry about obtaining prospects instead of trying to stop gap this pathetic franchise for a 7th straight year. I'll sacrifice this one year for 4-5 ones where we get to see a team develop before our eyes, instead of forming before Dolans check book.

Old
01-25-2004, 12:30 PM
btmarshall

vCash:
It's probably best to look at the Capitals as a team that is not trying to win hockey games right now. Trading Gonchar and Witt is very possible. Would the blueline be decimated? Yes. It would help in a short-term goal to finish in last place. Poti, however, makes too much money for Washington. They will not accept him in a deal. Picks and prospects or the deal doesn't make sense to Washington. If not Tjutin, than Jessiman, Murray, players along those lines. Otherwise, the Caps have little reason to oblige. It looks like Colorado and Philadelphia have a mounting interest in Kolzig, so that may be a better option if the Rangers do not pony up a blue chipper. As far as Witt is concerned, he might be dealt but he does not have to go. His salary is within reason, and the team needs to keep some veterans around for the rebuild.

Closed Thread