HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

How retarded is it of MSG...

Old
01-10-2007, 03:46 AM
Shadowrunner

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
How retarded is it of MSG...

To keep replaying NHL scores at the bottom of the screen during Rangers in 60? Isn't the whole point of the program to catch the highlights of the game if one wasn't able to see the whole game earlier? Whynot let the viewer actually enjoy the 60 minutes without shoving a spoiler in his face every 1.5 minutes??

I'm somewhat pissed, as this is the second time this has happened.

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 05:21 AM
lotus

I agree with you, this happened to me once and i just didn't even bother to watch.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 05:39 AM
WheresBarnaby

That's sucks, but that's why I don't watch rewind for anything other than just reviewing how a game ended. I find it pretty impossible to not find out the score at some point, and I find it weird cheering for a game that's already over. That's just me, but I can see where your coming from.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 07:25 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

It's incredibly stupid. Sorta gives you the impression that whoever is responsible has never been a fan of any sports team.

I'm surprised Dolan doesn't have the Ranger score deleted when we lose, though.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:30 AM
broadwayblue

totally unacceptable. either black out the score to the game or don't scroll anything.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Actually, it was sort of helpful to me last night: I turned on the TV, turned to Rangers in 60, saw the final score on the ticker and turned it right off again. No need to sit through a hopelessly painful hour.

Seriously, it's an incredible pain and I'm sure there is a way around it. I hate those little tickers in general, unless I'm watching a highlight show like Sports Center. Are we really THAT stricken with ADD?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
It's incredibly stupid. Sorta gives you the impression that whoever is responsible has never been a fan of any sports team.

I'm surprised Dolan doesn't have the Ranger score deleted when we lose, though.
That's funny, because Dolan gives me that feeling all the time.

Dr. Ogrodnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

It's a stupid way to present a hockey game anyway. There's no flow to the game. Might as well just present an expanded highlight show with a couple of "turning points of the game" segments instead. I wish they'd go back to the old 2 hour Rangers rewind--that was a perfect length, you really got a feel for the game and they cut out the boring parts.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
TomLaidlaw

Does it surprise you though. We ae talking about MSG. How many times has the score/time box not worked during the game or the picture go out and we are left with just audio. MSG has been horrific this year, it seems every game there is a problem of some type

Last edited by TomLaidlaw: 01-10-2007 at 03:27 PM.
TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:21 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

this is why i always tape the game if i cant see it, though some jerk-off like my brother will know im taping it and ruin the fresh experience for me. I really cant stand that.

Those are adding up, im keeping count. He'll get his.

I think ive taped about 10-12 games this year and i think about 8 times i heard the score before i saw the game. ****ing pisses me off.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I finally got a DVR and just record the game regardless of whether I intend to sit down and watch it live or not. Blowing through commercials and intermission, I can see the whole thing in 90 minutes unedited.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:46 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I finally got a DVR and just record the game regardless of whether I intend to sit down and watch it live or not. Blowing through commercials and intermission, I can see the whole thing in 90 minutes unedited.
agreed I do the same thing. Sometimes the Rangers in 60 cut out some parts like if a player got hurt or sometimes they will cut out some fights and other stuff. I rather watch the whole game and fast forward the commercials

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
To keep replaying NHL scores at the bottom of the screen during Rangers in 60? Isn't the whole point of the program to catch the highlights of the game if one wasn't able to see the whole game earlier? Whynot let the viewer actually enjoy the 60 minutes without shoving a spoiler in his face every 1.5 minutes??

I'm somewhat pissed, as this is the second time this has happened.
Thats pretty brutal, but i'll tell you what else is, NO POST GAME SHOW!!! Is it really nessacary to have MSGNY on after the game? Instead we have to wait untill the next game usually to hear post game reactions from coaches and players. Sometimes they show those on MSGNY but honestly would it be that big of a deal to bump it a half hour, or are they worried that we may miss the riveting 50 Greatest Moments at MSG.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Yeah, if you have the space this is the best way to go. If i'm out after work I'll get home around midnight and finish the whole game by 1am(BN's a night owl).

Between the Rangers/Devs/Isles/College and now the free Center Ice this week...I'm out of space !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Thats pretty brutal, but i'll tell you what else is, NO POST GAME SHOW!!! Is it really nessacary to have MSGNY on after the game? Instead we have to wait untill the next game usually to hear post game reactions from coaches and players. Sometimes they show those on MSGNY but honestly would it be that big of a deal to bump it a half hour, or are they worried that we may miss the riveting 50 Greatest Moments at MSG.
Yep, if that msgny show doesn't give us the post game reactions i'm pissed.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:46 PM
skymachine

yeap the same thing just happened to be on saturday. I was in nyc all day so i missed the montreal game, so i decided to watch Rangers in 60 11 pm that night without knowing anything that happened that game. So opening faceoff...Rangers 4, Canadiens 3 is displayed at the bottom. Thanks MSG.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:47 PM
skymachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I cant stand MSGNY...the guy who hosts it usually doesnt seem to know what sport hes talking about.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRtom6 View Post
I cant stand MSGNY...the guy who hosts it usually doesnt seem to know what sport hes talking about.

OMG, MSGNY is an embarassment. The entire station has hit the toilet. Last season that had that pretty cool Ranger pregame show FROM the garden steps at 600 PM. Thats gone. They has a nice Rangers postgame show with Renney press conference, player interviews from locker room...thats gone. But, hey, lets see what concert got into the top 15 MSG moments.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:32 AM
HenrikO'doyle

The MSG network has been horrible this year. Everything James Dolan touches goes wrotten. Ive given up on Rangers in 60 for the same reasons you guys did, I now tape games. I hate the commercials, the shows, the times, the setups but most of all I hate the owner. That fat ******* sitting in his high chair eating doughnuts. One day before I die, I hope to see the failure of James Dolan and live through his downfall.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 02:04 AM
nyr5186

My new work/school schedule has allowed me to watch only about half the games live this season, so I'm often stuck relying on the Rangers in 60 to get my fix. Ever since they started rolling the ticker at the bottom of the screen every minute, I've just used a piece of black tape to cover the lower part of the screen, thus not allowing me to see the score during the program. Ingenuity.

Though I really don't understand why they don't just roll a 2 hour Rangers Rewind like in the past. It's obviously not a timing issue, as Rangers in 60 (shown twice, at 11 and 1) takes up the same amount of time as a single replay of the entire game.

nyr5186 is online now   Reply With Quote