HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Is it safe to say that we have the Lundqvist of last season? (merged)

Old
01-05-2007, 06:19 AM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan35 View Post
Yup, he is clutch in the shootouts.
Yes. Sadly that skill is worth absolutely nothing when the games count most.

Maybe the Blueshirts can bribe Bettman into instituting the shootout in the playoffs. Shorting working hourse for the players is the pitch to the NHLPA.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Does anyone know who has the best record in the shootout this season? And what is Henrik's record? I know Henke is 5-0, but I mean how many shots faced/saved.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

^ gotta bring us all back down huh? lol jk

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:53 AM
GarretJoseph

Barry isn't to be taken seriously EVER. Not even when he was a coach.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Melrose_Jr.

What a clown.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Levitate

eh, it's fair to critisize lundqvist for the year he's had so far, I believe. He's been inconsistant...but it's not worth ripping him for it. It's not like he's not trying or not being competative.

It's noteworthy, but not rantworthy

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
eh, it's fair to critisize lundqvist for the year he's had so far, I believe. He's been inconsistant...but it's not worth ripping him for it. It's not like he's not trying or not being competative.

It's noteworthy, but not rantworthy
I agree. He's not been as consistently good as he was last year. And Melrose is right about that. That said, he's been better of late (then again, so has the whole team).

01-05-2007, 08:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Sure, he gave up his first three goals in a shootout last night (one of which he accidently kicked in his own net), but holy cow, were some of his saves AMAZING.

Namely, the one on Langenbrunner, with the game on the line. I honestly could not believe what I saw.

Does anyone have a video of the shootout/the Lundqvist save on Langenbrunner?

He got increbibly lucky on Langenbrunner. He had Lundqvist beat. He just didn't lift the puck.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He got increbibly lucky on Langenbrunner. He had Lundqvist beat. He just didn't lift the puck.
Karma. Lundqvist had the other shooters beat and the pucks somehow trickled in anyway. Langenbrunner had Lundqvist and somehow the puck didn't go in anyway.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Levitate

Quote:
again, it's really hard to lift the puck in a situation like that. Langdenbrunner should have taken a bit more time and went around the glove instead. Just like Elias did

Old
01-05-2007, 09:49 AM
TheRedressor

Henrik is back, no doubt about it.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:49 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
i wouldn't say "increbibly", i mean that happens a lot where a player stretches it too far and doesn't lift the puck. Still a good save.

AND who's to say that had Langs lifted that Lundie wouldn't have been right there still! word! Lundqvist baby!!!

AGraveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Doyle

Stay with me here and call me a pessimist, but Melrose has a point...

He never stated Henke is a bad goalie. He said he simply wasnt consistent. I completely understand where he can say that... although the fact that he lists Khabibulin and Luongo makes the entire statement have less credibility. I love Henke, but I was at that Islander game and sometimes he looks like he doesnt have it. Seeing as he hasnt had "it" a few times this year it can't be written off. I still however would take him over Lehtonen or pretty much every guy pundits give more credit. Henke works in NY and that is an amazing thing at that. He just has growing pains and a lot of people don't realize how lucky we are having a goalie develop into at least elite consideration this early in his career

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:17 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaws View Post
Stay with me here and call me a pessimist, but Melrose has a point...

He never stated Henke is a bad goalie. He said he simply wasnt consistent. I completely understand where he can say that... although the fact that he lists Khabibulin and Luongo makes the entire statement have less credibility. I love Henke, but I was at that Islander game and sometimes he looks like he doesnt have it. Seeing as he hasnt had "it" a few times this year it can't be written off. I still however would take him over Lehtonen or pretty much every guy pundits give more credit. Henke works in NY and that is an amazing thing at that. He just has growing pains and a lot of people don't realize how lucky we are having a goalie develop into at least elite consideration this early in his career
I have to agree, consistency is what's missing from Henke's game right now. Although he went way overboard, Melrose's fundamental point is valid.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him and hope he can overcome his inconsistency to eventually become one of the greats, but he's not there yet. Occasionally it seems like he's fighting the puck, and too often even when he's playing well, he allows that one soft goal that hurts us.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:19 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
I have to agree, consistency is what's missing from Henke's game right now. Although he went way overboard, Melrose's fundamental point is valid.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him and hope he can overcome his inconsistency to eventually become one of the greats, but he's not there yet. Occasionally it seems like he's fighting the puck, and too often even when he's playing well, he allows that one soft goal that hurts us.
our defense is not consistent either!?

Henke is fine...

AGraveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Levitate

Quote:
I think it's partly due to him being just a second year NHL player, and partly due to how the season ended last year for him.

I don't think he's struggled that much in his career up to that point, and I have to wonder if that affected his consistancy this season. When he has a bad game (happens to every goalie), he starts overthinking it, tightening up, etc.

Who knows, just a theory, but hopefully as the season continues, he'll even it out and not be as up and down.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:08 PM
dedalus

SOMEone had to bump this.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Chimp

It's very simple. A goalie needs at least average defense to be able to be stellar on a consistent basis. Rangers defense was average last season, first half, this season they're mostly horrible. When they are able to be at least average, Henrik's stellar.

Sure, he can steal a game even when they're horrible, like in Dallas, but he cannot do that on a consistent basis.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
It's very simple. A goalie needs at least average defense to be able to be stellar on a consistent basis. Rangers defense was average last season, first half, this season they're mostly horrible. When they are able to be at least average, Henrik's stellar.

Sure, he can steal a game even when they're horrible, like in Dallas, but he cannot do that on a consistent basis.
No doubt our defense stinks, but Henke has let in too many weak goals that had nothing to do with the defense.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
No doubt our defense stinks, but Henke has let in too many weak goals that had nothing to do with the defense.
Major concern

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote