HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

First Post... Eklund speculates Allison to Habs

Old
01-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

vCash: 500
First Post... Eklund speculates Allison to Habs

First Post...

As the cliche goes, long time reader first time poster... so take it easy on me. I know y'all can be ruthless.

Everyone's favorite Hockey Outsider has Allison to the Habs posted on Hockeybuzz. Personally I like the idea if he's a fourth line centre getting the occasional shift with the second line. He's a-1 on the powerplay and could make the leagues best powerplay even better. Grabovsky, could use a little more seasoning I thinks... besides if he doesn't keep his head up he'll be the second line centre for the Hospital's team.

As an aside how about Latendresse last night. Yikes, he looked scary out there.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
when you make a first post, you definaly dont start by posting something from Eklund

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:21 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
gtfo N00b

Old
01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
habfan4

Welcome to the board.

Why fix what isn't broken? While the Habs might be looking for a 2nd line centre, they certainly don't need a guy whose contributions are going to be limited to bolstering an already excellent PP. I think an in-house solution to the 2nd line C position will continue to be tested right up until the trade deadline, signing Allison reeks of a panic move, which at this point is not necessary.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse 4 View Post
First Post...

As the cliche goes, long time reader first time poster... so take it easy on me. I know y'all can be ruthless.

Everyone's favorite Hockey Outsider has Allison to the Habs posted on Hockeybuzz. Personally I like the idea if he's a fourth line centre getting the occasional shift with the second line. He's a-1 on the powerplay and could make the leagues best powerplay even better. Grabovsky, could use a little more seasoning I thinks... besides if he doesn't keep his head up he'll be the second line centre for the Hospital's team.

As an aside how about Latendresse last night. Yikes, he looked scary out there.

Its an E2 rumour which means 2 sources not connected to the rumour.

I am not anti-Eklund as most people seem to be, he just reports on whats going on and people are foolish if they think GMs aren't talking weekly about trades and pickups. However I really only start worrying about what Eklund says when its an E3 or E4, meaning one or more sources directly related to the rumour.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Guy Caballero

First post ever, and it's an Eklund rumour. Stupid noob! LOL!

(Jokes. welcome to the board.)

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Bob Bastards

Wow! A first post with Eklund AND Allison on the same post!

Do you have a dead wish?

Welcome aboard... and stop posting Eklund rumor...

Bob Bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Its an E2 rumour which means 2 sources not connected to the rumour.

I am not anti-Eklund as most people seem to be, he just reports on whats going on and people are foolish if they think GMs aren't talking weekly about trades and pickups. However I really only start worrying about what Eklund says when its an E3 or E4, meaning one or more sources directly related to the rumour.
Even this most casual fan of the Canadiens could have put this rumour together. Habs need 2nd line centre + Jason Allison is unsigned = Speculation that the Habs are thinking about signing Allison.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
THEREW

Yikes !

We already have half of the fans that are saying we have to clear space for the youngsters of the team (Lats on 1st/2nd line, grabovsky, Lapierre, Kostitsyn)..

So we might have to at least think about it....

what could be the lines if Allison is signed with us ?

(hypotetical so i will make quick lines without really thinking about it alright? So be cool )
assuming everyone is healthy

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Plekanec-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Latendresse-Begin-Streit

so that leaves Murray, Downey out
Kostitsyn, Grabovsky, Lapierre in Hamilton (At least one of them deserve a chance at this point)
and Allison who is still not in uniform

If that's about to happen (unlikely since it,s only a report of what 2 persons told to Eklund) that would mean that a trade is done already.

The only way i could love this thing to happen is if it gets us a ********** great player...

No Alison for me please

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yyyy--oouch
what a welcoming bunch...
I knew that Eklund bidnatch would get some peoples back up... still I like it... do you wanna wrestle...

We'd have
Lats-Koivu-Ryder
Sam-Bonk-Kov
Hig-Plec-John
Beg-All-Dow/Mur

Nice size down the middle... I like what I seen from Grabovski/y but he's gonna get hurt. He's taken some punishment... An entire season have taking hits in the A should help him. He'll be dynamite for 10 years. He was lucky to escape Exelby sans concussion...

My only concern as the Dick Irvin guy noted is chemistry. Allison can be a willnot but he won't be too high profile on this team just another cog in the machine.

Old
01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
THEREW

Quote:
Yyyy--oouch
what a welcoming bunch...
I knew that Eklund bidnatch would get some peoples back up... still I like it... do you wanna wrestle...

We'd have
Lats-Koivu-Ryder
Sam-Bonk-Kov
Hig-Plec-John
Beg-All-Dow/Mur

Nice size down the middle... I like what I seen from Grabovski/y but he's gonna get hurt. He's taken some punishment... An entire season have taking hits in the A should help him. He'll be dynamite for 10 years. He was lucky to escape Exelby sans concussion...

My only concern as the Dick Irvin guy noted is chemistry. Allison can be a willnot but he won't be too high profile on this team just another cog in the machine.
What about Lapierre then ?

edit: And what about Begin ?

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
ti-vite

So the end of the world is coming.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

we have to many players to sign someone. for Montreal to get someone they have to give up someone.

as for allison....I'm a no.

Old
01-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Even this most casual fan of the Canadiens could have put this rumour together. Habs need 2nd line centre + Jason Allison is unsigned = Speculation that the Habs are thinking about signing Allison.
no disrespect by calling you the dick irvin guy habfan4... I see it's le gros bill now... Nice avatar, my favorite hab bar none... an ispiration. I am down with the #4 my username is a nod to the greatest #4 of all time Lou Gehrig. Beliveau is a close second. Don Cherry's gf I'll concede the third best #4 too

Old
01-10-2007, 10:53 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
We can get rid of Samsonov and sign Allison...even though we'd have too much centers..but we can promote someone. I'm dead tired of Samsonov, lack of effort, no checking + no strenght at all.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
I've been meaning to ask you for a while: are you one of Jason Allison's many love children?

I know we have one guy on the Habs board who's Kirk Muller's love child...and I for one think it would be awesome if we had two NHL love children on our board!

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlusty the clown View Post
We can get rid of Samsonov and sign Allison...even though we'd have too much centers..but we can promote someone. I'm dead tired of Samsonov, lack of effort, no checking + no strenght at all.
No one wants sammy the way hes playing and the price hes worth, we cant just "get rid" of him hes part of our team maybe in the offseason someone could take him in the last year of his contract but he has a whole year left at 3.5 which means hes here to stay for this season atleast.

People need to start understand its to hard to trade players with the new CBA and trying to trade a player who is underachiving is even harder.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
No one wants sammy the way hes playing and the price hes worth, we cant just "get rid" of him hes part of our team maybe in the offseason someone could take him in the last year of his contract but he has a whole year left at 3.5 which means hes here to stay for this season atleast.

People need to start understand its to hard to trade players with the new CBA and trying to trade a player who is underachiving is even harder.
I think you're right up to a point. I'm pretty sure Samsosoft can be traded, but the return would either be zippo or worse, such as another disappointing player with a bad contract.

So while it's possible, the question is whether Gainey gets to the point where he feels that it's essentially addition by subtraction time. That doesn't seem to be his style.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Grabo > Allison

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:18 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
I've been meaning to ask you for a while: are you one of Jason Allison's many love children?

I know we have one guy on the Habs board who's Kirk Muller's love child...and I for one think it would be awesome if we had two NHL love children on our board!
yes i am

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post

Plus Sammy and Allison have excellent chemistry could be what the doctor ordered... Allison had 95 points in 2000/01 with Sammy as his winger and PP shotgun rider

Old
01-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I think you're right up to a point. I'm pretty sure Samsosoft can be traded, but the return would either be zippo or worse, such as another disappointing player with a bad contract.

So while it's possible, the question is whether Gainey gets to the point where he feels that it's essentially addition by subtraction time. That doesn't seem to be his style.
noway can he be traded, no team would take that much of a hit on the salary cap for that small production. We're stuck with him. He's in the same boat as theodore in colorado.

Old
01-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Plus Sammy and Allison have excellent chemistry could be what the doctor ordered... Allison had 95 points in 2000/01 with Sammy as his winger and PP shotgun rider
lets try again... for montreal to sign someone, they need to get rid of someone.
already they have no room for Lapierre and Grabovski, where you want them to put allison?

Old
01-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post

Regardless there is no point in paying to get rid of a player we just signed in the offseason that makes management look even worse.

We are going to make the playoffs there is no point in giving up something to get rid of a player who is a disapointment when were doing as well as we have.

Again its hard to make deals with the new CBA with a player who everyone wants let alone a player no one wants.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote