HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

First Post... Eklund speculates Allison to Habs

Old
01-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Kafka

vCash: 500
Ecklund only speculates. I do it too, but don't try to make money out of it.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Ecklund only speculates. I do it too, but don't try to make money out of it.
Que znk to Eklund's defense.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:35 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse 4 View Post
no disrespect by calling you the dick irvin guy habfan4... I see it's le gros bill now... Nice avatar, my favorite hab bar none... an ispiration. I am down with the #4 my username is a nod to the greatest #4 of all time Lou Gehrig. Beliveau is a close second. Don Cherry's gf I'll concede the third best #4 too
No offence taken.

I have to choose Béliveau over Gehrig, (with an honourable mention to Bobby Orr) as the all time greatest number 4, but to each his own.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
noway can he be traded, no team would take that much of a hit on the salary cap for that small production. We're stuck with him. He's in the same boat as theodore in colorado.
I disagree. If Montreal was willing to take a contract back, there are probably at least a few teams that would take a chance on Samso. There just aren't a lot of available players who don't have some sort of question mark, but about 25 teams still have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

And he is not in the same boat as Theodore -- that is a sinking ship of one. Theodore is not an upgrade on any starting goalie right now, except for maybe a handful of teams. At that price, he is definitely not a worthwhile upgrade on any goalie in the league, starter or back-up. The problem is that if he isn't starting, he's pure deadweight. It's just a lot easier to find a spot for Samso. It's not an all-or-nothing situation with a struggling scoring forward the way it is with a struggling goaltender. You can't hide Theodore anywhere, but Samso might (and probably would) benefit from 1st PP duties on a different team, different players, different coach, etc.

Anyway, I don't think he will get dealt. If it weren't for Niinimaa, the Habs might be in a situation to take back a Cullimore-type, for instance. But as it stands, I don't see Gainey "paying to get rid of a player" (as Evil Ted says). It could be done, but it probably wouldn't be worth it in the circumstances.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Sherman

FOR SURE they should sign Allison:

1) look when EDM signed Nedved, now they can trade one of their other forwards for a real need on D...(signing someone is a much better deal thana trade cuz you dont lose any players, yet you gain something)

2) they need a C, and Allison is sick at setting up goals

3) Grabovski can join the team next season along with Chipchura/Lapierre/etc...

4) If Allison does not pan out they can always ditch him next season, plus his salary will be cheap, and still averages 1 point/game despite being labelled as "slow"

(5) the 95 points in 2000-2001 sounds deeeelicious)

6) Samsonov becomes expendable, and apparently Hawks GM looves Samsonov, get a pick, get whatever. itll be an upgrade.

Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:35 PM
shimy1221*

if allison comes to the habs, im never watching a game again

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
if allison comes to the habs, im never watching a game again
post of the day..

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

I'm starting to like the idea of Alison to Habs. How much success has any centre had between kovalev and samsonov. The way I see it - Samsonov and Kovalev can carry the puck up the ice, try to keep it in possession while waiting for Alison to reach the net, then they can throw it on net and see what Alison's great hands can do to get it into the net.

Horrible skater but great hands playing with 2 great skaters. Samsonov is like Alison's opposite - great skater but lacking the great hands.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Slick Nick

When will you people stop posting Eklunds rumors...He has not predicted a single move by the Habs, EVER.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:17 PM
SugarCoatedSour

NO Allison....we don't need a washed up player even if it is for half a season...why stop at Allison why not see what Alexander Daigle is doing now?

Whats next start calling guys out of retirement like the Leafs?

He's now 40+ games behind as far as conditioning and strength..

Plus, we don't pick up the Leafs garbage....they sign ours ....( sorry kilgar...)

SugarCoatedSour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:05 PM
guapo23

I always wonder if posters like the thread starter are really Eklund in disguise trying to promote his fantasy world...

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:11 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Yyyy--oouch
We'd have
Lats-Koivu-Ryder
Sam-Bonk-Kov
Hig-Plec-John
Beg-All-Dow/Mur
Those lines don't look bad on paper but they're never going to happen - Allison doesn't want to play a fourth liner center role because apparently he still thinks he has some 5-on-5 talent. And even if we do slot him in our fourth line, he's apparently asking for so much money that it would be a tremendous overpayment right from the outset.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
I'm starting to like the idea of Alison to Habs. How much success has any centre had between kovalev and samsonov.
Ever stop to think that the problem is having Samsonov and Kovalev on the same time, not the centre?

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Those lines don't look bad on paper but they're never going to happen - Allison doesn't want to play a fourth liner center role because apparently he still thinks he has some 5-on-5 talent. And even if we do slot him in our fourth line, he's apparently asking for so much money that it would be a tremendous overpayment right from the outset.
That's no good but I think his bargaining position is more flawed than that. NHL teams need him less than he needs them. One year of wages is a lot to forgoe for a guy used to the good life. No more than chump change and 1 year.

It's only doable as a bargain basement pick up and when he'll play on the fourth with powerplay time otherwise he's a no go.

Hindsight being 20/20 I'd've prefered Perrault. I like the vets. Vets and experience. Can't have too much.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:31 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
NHL teams need him less than he needs them.
That's what everybody else on the planet not named Jason Allison seems to think too But apparently he's content just to sit at home and wait for somebody to come begging. Who knows, it could happen. If not, I'm sure it doesn't make any difference to his pocketbook either.

Although there was a TSN article on him in early December that said he was skiing in Quebec....hmmmmm

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:07 PM
habsfan88

I also think everyone should chill out with the "noob" disses. man are they embarassing

habsfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan88 View Post
I also think everyone should chill out with the "noob" disses. man are they embarassing
No Harm No foul...

I was expecting it given the subject matter... I've been reading these boards for a long time and I'd say that's par for the course. I think the board would have been a little easier on me if I'd went with less Eklund and Allison... but I was wanting a firey discussion... wanted to get some replies to my first thread. Needless to say I'm engaged... great fun for passing a slow day in a big office tower.

Old
01-10-2007, 03:51 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Yyyy--oouch
what a welcoming bunch...
I knew that Eklund bidnatch would get some peoples back up... still I like it... do you wanna wrestle...
Ekland is so full of **** his eyes are brown

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Mike Lalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Even this most casual fan of the Canadiens could have put this rumour together. Habs need 2nd line centre + Jason Allison is unsigned = Speculation that the Habs are thinking about signing Allison.

and that my friends is text-book syllogistic reasoning!

Mike Lalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lalor View Post
[/B][/B][/B]

and that my friends is text-book syllogistic reasoning!
granted... but I like the move on the cheap to get Sammy going, add experience, and size... not just becasue we could use centre depth and Allison is in the EI line.

Sammy-Allison-Guerin was an explosive line. Rekindle some magic with these two. Worse case scenario is that Allison is gone at the end of the year... Insert Grabovski/y and Kostitsyn next year.... Best case scenario... Sammy finishes up strong. Trade value in the offseason is increased. Sammy + makes a nice contingency to trade for a vet sand paper type (I like to Chi for Lapointe) next year.

Anyway that's enough crusading... the chips will fall where they may.

Old
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
when you make a first post, you definaly dont start by posting something from Eklund
Sooooooooo true.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote