HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

FINALLY, something Renney and I agree on 110%

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2007, 08:42 AM
  #26
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,576
vCash: 500
this will fall on deaf ears unless something is done. hall is useless right now...what's the harm in putting Callahan in his place? In his three minutes v. Buffalo I saw a kid with alot of hustle and determination to get to loose pucks. I'm not sure if calling up Byers would be constituted as rushing him, but if there's no harm why not place him in Hossa's spot?

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan
Ward-Betts-Callahan
Byers-Hollweg-Ortmeyer

After all, its only the third and fourth lines, 6 players who have combined for 13 goals the entire season. Not saying the rookies will do any better, but you can be sure we'll get players that will not take games off.

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ HOCKEY
2015 NHL Draft Preliminary Ranking
Twitter
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:18 AM
  #27
The New Originals
Registered User
 
The New Originals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. Land
Country: United States
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Callahan is injured, though, isn't he?

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
  #28
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
Its guys like Hall, Betts, J. Ward, Hossa and company that have to start returning hits. They are the ones on the checking lines - so hit! They are ones playing against the other teams best most of the time.

It cant always be Hollweg (who couldnt retaliate because he was on the ice half the night from being boarded.), Ortmeyer, Shanny (or the fists) A. Ward, Prucha or Tyutin trying to throw the body around. Kaspar isnt even a threat anymore, even though he tries. Forget Malik, Roszival, Pock and Rachunek - they instill no fear whatsoever.

Thats where this teams needs it from. The other HALF that play like *******.

Jagrs line is exempt in my mind because they do a majority of the scoring, but seeing one of them stand up in front of the net during a scrum instead of skating away would help. Just a few times please.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:22 AM
  #29
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
this will fall on deaf ears unless something is done. hall is useless right now...what's the harm in putting Callahan in his place? In his three minutes v. Buffalo I saw a kid with alot of hustle and determination to get to loose pucks. I'm not sure if calling up Byers would be constituted as rushing him, but if there's no harm why not place him in Hossa's spot?
Agree on Hall. I think you could rotate 4 or 5 rookies in his spot over the course of the month and get better production. Hes got stone hands.

Hossa i actually want on the 4th. His PK ability and board work has been very good as of late, hes earned a few more weeks. Yes, he doesnt score, but at least he keeps the puck away from the other team. Hall gift wraps it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:42 AM
  #30
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What does Kasparaitis contribute to this team?Waive his sorry *** and call up Ivan Baranka
Holy Cow the the planets are aligned we agree on something lol.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:01 AM
  #31
Avery316
guilty as charged
 
Avery316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
does anyone have a video of the 'rant'

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
  #32
Diehardfan419
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
does anyone have a video of the 'rant'
MSG.com has some clips in the multimedia section

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:43 AM
  #33
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
There it is in a nutshell: We just didn't seem to care. It was a terrible effort to skate hard with the exception of a few, and play defense with the exception of...nobody. Just terrible. And even as he's scoring more lately, I still absolutely can not stand Cullen. I cringe when he is on the ice...anyone else feel remotely the same way?

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:14 PM
  #34
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,600
vCash: 500
we don't seem to care, stand around way too much and don't take the body.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:21 PM
  #35
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
There it is in a nutshell: We just didn't seem to care. It was a terrible effort to skate hard with the exception of a few, and play defense with the exception of...nobody. Just terrible. And even as he's scoring more lately, I still absolutely can not stand Cullen. I cringe when he is on the ice...anyone else feel remotely the same way?
What bothers me about Cullen is that, for a guy who's such a fast skater, he always seems to be falling down.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
  #36
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Its guys like Hall, Betts, J. Ward, Hossa and company that have to start returning hits. They are the ones on the checking lines - so hit! They are ones playing against the other teams best most of the time.

It cant always be Hollweg (who couldnt retaliate because he was on the ice half the night from being boarded.), Ortmeyer, Shanny (or the fists) A. Ward, Prucha or Tyutin trying to throw the body around. Kaspar isnt even a threat anymore, even though he tries. Forget Malik, Roszival, Pock and Rachunek - they instill no fear whatsoever.

Thats where this teams needs it from. The other HALF that play like *******.

Jagrs line is exempt in my mind because they do a majority of the scoring, but seeing one of them stand up in front of the net during a scrum instead of skating away would help. Just a few times please.
The big problem is Hall, Ward, Hossa is that they don't score and they don't really check either. They are solid enough defensivly but it just seems like too much of the same thing.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:46 PM
  #37
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
The big problem is Hall, Ward, Hossa is that they don't score and they don't really check either. They are solid enough defensivly but it just seems like too much of the same thing.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in Hall. I had no problem dealing Dom Moore. (Still don't.) But, in Hall, I thought we were getting someone who'd provide a little more offense around the net, who might have an opportunity to develop so much more than he has. I could see him getting moved in the same manner Knuble did in back in 2000.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
  #38
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
The big problem is Hall, Ward, Hossa is that they don't score and they don't really check either. They are solid enough defensivly but it just seems like too much of the same thing.
I think the entire bottom six forwards are like that. I have not seen any of the grit that Hall was reputed to have (this is the guy who once fought Shanny?). I don't see Hall hitting either. Hossa really is not suited for the third and fourth lines but he does not score so he can't play on the top two lines.

BTW, I think that Ortmeyer has been lousy since he's returned.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:51 PM
  #39
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I have to say, I'm really disappointed in Hall. I had no problem dealing Dom Moore. (Still don't.) But, in Hall, I thought we were getting someone who'd provide a little more offense around the net, who might have an opportunity to develop so much more than he has. I could see him getting moved in the same manner Knuble did in back in 2000.
Completely agree. I haven't seeen his phyisical side at all. He's done nothing on PP (although the entire second unit is a mess).

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:51 PM
  #40
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 500
Hall seems to be./..

taking the body a bit more and working well in the corners of late, and being more aggressive. But for him to be successful, he needs a centerman to get him the puck, or play with guys who can get the puck to the net for rebounds. He didn't score much at ES last season, and this year's no different. Not to absolve him totally for not scoring, but his role really isn't to score, or so it seems that's the way Renney plays it - don't give up too many goals on the bottom two lines, and win with the top line and a third.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:52 PM
  #41
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I have to say, I'm really disappointed in Hall. I had no problem dealing Dom Moore. (Still don't.) But, in Hall, I thought we were getting someone who'd provide a little more offense around the net, who might have an opportunity to develop so much more than he has. I could see him getting moved in the same manner Knuble did in back in 2000.
I am too. Have a sinking feeling he might bite us in the *** elsewhere, but he's been a total bust this year.

Just too many re-tread projects on those bottom lines and not enough guys who naturally do what you want a third line player to do.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:54 PM
  #42
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
taking the body a bit more and working well in the corners of late, and being more aggressive. But for him to be successful, he needs a centerman to get him the puck, or play with guys who can get the puck to the net for rebounds. He didn't score much at ES last season, and this year's no different. Not to absolve him totally for not scoring, but his role really isn't to score, or so it seems that's the way Renney plays it - don't give up too many goals on the bottom two lines, and win with the top line and a third.
Part of me wonders how Hall would work with somelike Cullen on the third line.

God just that center hole throws everything else off.

I still don't believe the Rangers have MANY holes, I just think they have holes in very key areas.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:06 PM
  #43
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Part of me wonders how Hall would work with somelike Cullen on the third line.
God just that center hole throws everything else off.

I still don't believe the Rangers have MANY holes, I just think they have holes in very key areas.
Yeah, I keep thinking a Prucha/Cullen/Hall 3rd line would actually provide some offense. And, of course, that means the Rangers need TWO 2nd line players to play next to Shanahan.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:14 PM
  #44
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 500
I wonder too...

Cullen and Hall would make up 2/3 of a decent third line. I'm not as down on Hall as everyone. I see some of what you spoke of during the Summer. As with others, the coach needs to find a way to properly utilize him. When Immonen was up, I actually thought Shanny-Immonen-Hall (Shanny on his more natural left side) was worth a shot (to at least see if Hall can respond, if for nothing else) and Prucha to Cullen's left on a 'third' line to see if he could've mustered up some of the chemistryhe and Cullen had during the preseason. Again, thought it was worth a shot because I don't know if Renney's getting the most out of players not named Jagr, Straka, Nylander and Shanahan, as well as properly utilizing others.

I do agree with you on holes. A second line centerman and a top two (or maybe even top 4) defenseman, and I think this team would have a chance, all else being back to top form.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
  #45
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 1275
I seen it, recorded it.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.