HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL IV

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
I don't know, I found it deeply intriguing that Dion Phaneuf wears a bow tie to the arena.

Old
12-14-2013, 11:13 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Torts ****ing losing it on the Van bench right now. Will make for some good .gifs

Old
12-14-2013, 11:35 PM
trilobyte

Was Phaneuf running the dressing room boombox? He used to get kudos for that when he arrived from Calgary.
He was more accomplished at that than playing defence, but I digress.

Old
12-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Dallas Star Colt Sceviour scored a beauty for his first NHL goal tonight.

This is a guy I'd try to pry away from the Stars. Love his skill and nose for the net. Leadership qualities too. Scoring machine in the A this year.

Old
12-15-2013, 12:04 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Dallas Star Colt Sceviour scored a beauty for his first NHL goal tonight.

This is a guy I'd try to pry away from the Stars. Love his skill and nose for the net. Leadership qualities too. Scoring machine in the A this year.
Saw that goal, was a nice one. Dallas sure has plenty of players that can score goals like that. Benn, Seguin, Nichushkin, now Sceviour. I liked his game most of the afternoon, his skill set was noticeable.

The Stars just keep drafting these offensive beauts out of nowhere. Let's not forget they traded current stud Reilly Smith and potential future stud Mark Fraser, too.

12-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Saw that goal, was a nice one. Dallas sure has plenty of players that can score goals like that. Benn, Seguin, Nichushkin, now Sceviour. I liked his game most of the afternoon, his skill set was noticeable.

The Stars just keep drafting these offensive beauts out of nowhere. Let's not forget they traded current stud Reilly Smith and potential future stud Mark Fraser, too.
And Neal before that and Ericsson before that and Steve Ott and Jussi Jokinen before that once upon a time drafted Iginla, Lehtinen, Langenbrunner and Morrow. All that and they had traded 4 first round picks in a ten year span during the past 15 drafts.

Old
12-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
Not sure if anyone watched the Dallas-Winnipeg game, but on HNIC they had a women color commentator. It was very refreshing, she did a great job too! Hope some other networks pick up this idea.

12-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Not sure if anyone watched the Dallas-Winnipeg game, but on HNIC they had a women color commentator. It was very refreshing, she did a great job too! Hope some other networks pick up this idea.
I caught that and totally agree.

Old
12-15-2013, 12:52 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Samesies

Old
12-15-2013, 06:37 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
It's seems like there are more cheap shots this year than ever before. There's a dirty hit what seems like every night. Shanny is busy like 24/7.

Speaking of 24/7, it debuts today. Can't wait!
i was thinking the same thing. it's a bit sad. there is much less respect amongst the players i think. or players are more desperate and willing to do anything to succeed. it's pretty bad. a lot of good players not getting to play.

it seems like it's the opposite of the nba where all the players are mates.

Old
12-15-2013, 09:28 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Torts ****ing losing it on the Van bench right now. Will make for some good .gifs

20-10-5? He can lose it all he wants, he is over .500

Old
12-15-2013, 09:30 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post

Agreed. I can see them going after a grinder like Callahan to add to that group. They get some good two way players and they will be dangerous

Old
12-15-2013, 09:42 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
20-10-5? He can lose it all he wants, he is over .500
He did that when it was 1-1. Vancouver ends up winning 6-2. Clearly, they're still responding to him.

Old
12-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
As always, 24/7 is incredibly well put together. Filming, editing are all amazing.

But unfortunately, the personalities on these teams seem to be boring, and there's not much interesting content because of that.
Yeah, hard to make attachments to players on other teams as well which doesn't help. However the first one with the Pens was pretty good despite that.

I think it will get a little better, maybe.

rip
Old
12-15-2013, 09:52 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Just caught the Dallas highlights. Damn. That is how you build a team. And minimal impact from high draft picks.

Dallas has another young franchise center. 2nd since the 90s.

12-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Just caught the Dallas highlights. Damn. That is how you build a team. And minimal impact from high draft picks.

Dallas has another young franchise center. 2nd since the 90s.
Yeah and that's even with the flub GoGo for Neal trade. They could have done better for Neal.

Love the Stars roster. It has everything you want in a team.

Old
12-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Stars roster makes me sad.

Old
12-15-2013, 10:28 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Say all you want about the roster, but Ruff has those dudes playing.

Ruff > AV

Old
12-15-2013, 11:31 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
He did that when it was 1-1. Vancouver ends up winning 6-2. Clearly, they're still responding to him.

Well there you go. Coaching was the issue tho

Old
12-15-2013, 11:40 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Well there you go. Coaching was the issue tho
Think you missed my point. I should have highlighted the word still, and put an emoticon or something

Coaches like Torts have a way of playing themselves out. The Rangers responded similarly to Torts until the players got tired of his ****. Eventually, it will happen in Vancouver, too. It was a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing as Torts has only been their coach for just about half a season now

Old
12-15-2013, 11:43 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Think you missed my point. I should have highlighted the word still, and put an emoticon or something

Coaches like Torts have a way of playing themselves out. The Rangers responded similarly to Torts until the players got tired of his ****. Eventually, it will happen in Vancouver, too. It was a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing as Torts has only been their coach for just about half a season now
Yeah i hear you. I guess the plan is to win a cup or two before they tune him out lol

Old
12-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:
Say all you want about the roster, but Ruff has those dudes playing.

Ruff > AV
Well I highly doubt you watched the game because Dallas played like garbage that game. They're lucky Winnipeg played worse, turned the puck over countless times.

Old
12-15-2013, 11:58 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Well I highly doubt you watched the game because Dallas played like garbage that game. They're lucky Winnipeg played worse, turned the puck over countless times.
1 game tells the whole story?

That Dallas roster does not have much talent, but Ruff has young guys like Chiasson, Eakin, Roussell, Sceviour making you talk. Raw talent, but not proven talent - Ruff is keeping them competitive.

Benn and Seguin are doing their thing, and Nichushkin, outside of that? There's not much talent to talk about on Dallas. Yet, here we are.

Maybe these kids will be NHL studs in the future, but right now? They're young kids playing at a top level of their game.

Old
12-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:
1 game tells the whole story?

That Dallas roster does not have much talent, but Ruff has young guys like Chiasson, Eakin, Roussell, Sceviour making you talk. Raw talent, but not proven talent - Ruff is keeping them competitive.

Benn and Seguin are doing their thing, and Nichushkin, outside of that? There's not much talent to talk about on Dallas. Yet, here we are.

Maybe these kids will be NHL studs in the future, but right now? They're young kids playing at a top level of their game.
Dallas has been about as dominant as a young team still looking for their footing in the NHL can be. They remind me of the 06-07 Penguins, but less talented.

They really need defense, or this team will go nowhere. Their disability to carry the puck up ice, and play the man with pressure really hurts them in games. Last night they would get hemmed in their own zone for 1-2 minutes at a time. It's a game that again, I can't believe they won.

Old
12-15-2013, 12:14 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Dallas has been about as dominant as a young team still looking for their footing in the NHL can be. They remind me of the 06-07 Penguins, but less talented.

They really need defense, or this team will go nowhere. They're ability to carry the puck up ice, and play the man with pressure really hurts them in games. Last night they would get hemmed in their own zone for 1-2 minutes at a time. It's a game that again, I can't believe they won.
And the bolded nothing to do with the coaching?

It's a typical HF argument. One thing that's good is not reflective of Ruff. One thing that's bad is reflective of Ruff. Can't pick and choose your arguments.

On terms of their D - Look at the way Dillon is playing under Ruff. Undrafted. Having a great year under Ruff - looking like a lefty Girardi with more bite. He's got Oleksiak on the NHL roster who probably isn't ready yet. Gonchar is 39 and put up four assists in the game yesterday.

Getting a lot out of a little.

Closed Thread