HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Jets/Giants Playoff GDT

Old
01-09-2007, 07:41 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
I think the Jets fans are a little rowdier, we know how to handle losing because we have had so much practice. uhhhhhhhh and dont mention the names rich kotite or doug brien....yuuuck.
Yeah, well don't mention Herman Edwards to Giants' fans:

Old Giant fans have had their more than fair share of losing, too.

Rocky Thompson. UGH!!!!

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Giants have the greater number of fans.They have been around much longer than the Jets.The Giants have more of an older crowd.Their season ticket waiting list is so long.The tickets are passed down to other family members.Another problem is the Jets are a Long Island based team which plays their games in New Jersey.It's been that way for 22 years.The Jets play in Giants Stadium which is a joke.The Jets and Giants are building a new stadium together near the current stadium where both teams play.The Jets are moving their entire operation to New Jersey.The team played in NJ but the training facilty/offices were on Long Island.The Jets wanted to build a new stadium on the west side of Mahattan but the politicians shot it down.Too much public money was going to be used to build the new stadium.The Jets will never have their own identity sharing a stadium with the Giants...
I agree with most of what you just said. As far as I know, it's really hard to get Jets season tix as well. It took my father 11 years on the wait list to get tickets, and that was during the 80s. I've heard about 5-6 years on the waiting list is about normal now. As far as I can tell, there are about 75000 people on the Giants waiting list, so 20 years seems right. Crazy .

I think the Jets have developed their own identity within the Tri-State area. Unfortunately, it's often memories of Joe Namath that Jets fans identify with. I think that a 5-6 year period of great football would go along way, particularly since the new stadium won't be called Giants Stadium. I always felt so lame walking up to gate D, seeing the huge Jets banner UNDERNEATH "Giants Stadium."

The Jets were foolish to agree to build with the Giants again. Woody Johnson had committed to pay about $1B in private funds to build the West Side stadium, so I don't understand why he wouldn't go ahead and try again out on the Island. I mean, move back into Shea if you have to! The Jets need to be on the Island, but at the minimum New York.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
Yeah, well don't mention Herman Edwards to Giants' fans:

Old Giant fans have had their more than fair share of losing, too.

Rocky Thompson. UGH!!!!
Herm isn't too popular amongst Jets fans these days, either.

Old
01-09-2007, 02:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Herm isn't too popular amongst Jets fans these days, either.
Talk about an overrated coach...

01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Talk about an overrated coach...
Agreed. And please don't kill me for bringing up Renney, but it's a similar situation. When I'd criticize Herm, all I'd hear was "He's winning dude, we're in the POs, what more do you want?" Well, how about someone who could manage the clock, wasn't overly conservative, could discipline his players. didn't play favorites, etc...? How good could they have been with a great head coach? I get the same feeling with Renney. The good things he has done here in NY are not lost on me, but when I look at all his many flaws, I wonder how much better we could be.

Old
01-10-2007, 02:47 PM
frozenrubber

Well, another year of Coughlin is just what Giants fans were clamouring for.

I'm all for 2nd (and sometimes more chances), but when you see someone go beyond the point of return, Tom just is in a position to fail...ugh

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Well, another year of Coughlin is just what Giants fans were clamouring for.

I'm all for 2nd (and sometimes more chances), but when you see someone go beyond the point of return, Tom just is in a position to fail...ugh
Yeah, I just read that ******** article on their web site.

You've gotta be ****ing kidding me. How is this braindead, old **** still the coach? Can someone please kill him before the season starts?

What the ****?

I'm furious right now.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote