HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun., Dec. 15, 2013|Flyers 4 at Capitals 5 (SO)|3:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
  #76
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 50
this is why they gave timonen an assist, should have given him a goal, bad job by the NHL

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
  #77
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
**** this team and **** this city. Bunch of chokers with no real desire to win. We are never winning the cup any time soon. Making the playoffs would eb a ****ing miracle.

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:27 PM
  #78
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
**** this team and **** this city. Bunch of chokers with no real desire to win. We are never winning the cup any time soon. Making the playoffs would eb a ****ing miracle.
Excellent rant.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:28 PM
  #79
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Laugh all you want but we wont win for another 50 years. COunt on it

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:30 PM
  #80
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Laugh all you want but we wont win for another 50 years. COunt on it

I will take that bet.

50 years is a LONG time.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
  #81
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,176
vCash: 500
So mason has kind of come crashing to earth

Devastate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
  #82
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
I will take that bet.

50 years is a LONG time.
A long time of guaranteed mediocrity

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:33 PM
  #83
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Great to see the first line starting to click. I think Hartnell needs to be taken off the PP as well.

OzFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:33 PM
  #84
4thline4life
Registered User
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
So mason has kind of come crashing to earth
Lol.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:33 PM
  #85
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Laugh all you want but we wont win for another 50 years. COunt on it
How can you make such a statement when everything about the team will be different within the next 10 years? Snider will be dead, Homer won't be GM, coaches will be different as will almost all the players most definitely.

If you're gonna be a sourpuss at least make sensical statements.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:34 PM
  #86
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
So mason has kind of come crashing to earth
They better wait till seasons end to resign him. These 4 plus goal games are starting to happen more often.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:35 PM
  #87
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Laugh all you want but we wont win for another 50 years. COunt on it
You're just making yourself look bad, cool off and then come back.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:35 PM
  #88
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
How can you make such a statement when everything about the team will be different within the next 10 years? Snider will be dead, Homer won't be GM, coaches will be different as will almost all the players most definitely.

If you're gonna be a sour puss at least make sensical statements.
Ed Snider will pass the team on to someone who will run it exactly like he will. Not a doubt in my mind

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:37 PM
  #89
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,726
vCash: 500
Mason has pretty much carried our club most of the season then he has a HORRIBLE last 6 minutes of a game and some folks are jumping ship and getting on the blame game train ??????????? Of course its a tough game to lose but to throw in the towel this early in the year is not the stuff of a good fan but the stuff of a " gravy train " type fan ........Get over it !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:37 PM
  #90
FlyingPhilly
Registered User
 
FlyingPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,398
vCash: 500
Read has no moves and only shoots in the SO. I think goalies have keyed in on that now.

In the words of Torts, "Safe is death."

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:39 PM
  #91
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 50
Giroux should give this kind of treatments to some guys and make sure they understand that they ****ed up, maybe next time when we are up 4-1 they'll remember what did they do wrong

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:39 PM
  #92
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
You're just making yourself look bad, cool off and then come back.
I dont care how I look. This team is crap and will be for quite some time

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:42 PM
  #93
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,703
vCash: 500
1st line played great. Really like Raffl on that line with Giroux and Voracek.

2nd line was neither good nor bad. Didn't really notice them much.

3rd line was bad. Read had soo many defensive zone turnovers this game.

Defense was meh.

Mason was pretty bad. The first goal was unlucky, the next two deflected off Couturier and Grossmann but were far enough away from the net that he should have been able to react and get at least one of them, and he was horrible for the last goal it realllly reminded me of Bryz.

I disagree with all the stuff people are saying about "sitting back". They really didn't. They dominated the first half of the 3rd. Then there were two penalties that obviously pinned them on their side but other than that they were in the offensive zone for most of the time. The third line really struggled in the defensive zone this game and they got pinned a lot, which could be mistaken for sitting back I guess.

The shootout is a joke and the Caps should be embarrassed that half of their wins have come from it.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:44 PM
  #94
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS
 
PhillyFlying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
as awful as the last goal was, mason wasn't the only reason they lost today. two goals off of his teammates' sticks, one goal with grossmann standing directly in front of his field of vision. the last one though...yikes.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:46 PM
  #95
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS
 
PhillyFlying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
1st line played great. Really like Raffl on that line with Giroux and Voracek.

2nd line was neither good nor bad. Didn't really notice them much.

3rd line was bad. Read had soo many defensive zone turnovers this game.

Defense was meh.

Mason was pretty bad. The first goal was unlucky, the next two deflected off Couturier and Grossmann but were far enough away from the net that he should have been able to react and get at least one of them, and he was horrible for the last goal it realllly reminded me of Bryz.

I disagree with all the stuff people are saying about "sitting back". They really didn't. They dominated the first half of the 3rd. Then there were two penalties that obviously pinned them on their side but other than that they were in the offensive zone for most of the time. The third line really struggled in the defensive zone this game and they got pinned a lot, which could be mistaken for sitting back I guess.

The shootout is a joke and the Caps should be embarrassed that half of their wins have come from it.
i agree with the first half but not the second. the flyers have been awful at the shootout since they implemented it and have never adjusted or worked on it to any degree. also we don't have anyone on the team with hands right now past giroux with vinny out. as much as i hate the shootout at some point the flyers need to figure it the **** out.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:49 PM
  #96
FlyerSithLord
Registered User
 
FlyerSithLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tinicum
Country: United States
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
How can you make such a statement when everything about the team will be different within the next 10 years? Snider will be dead, Homer won't be GM, coaches will be different as will almost all the players most definitely.

If you're gonna be a sourpuss at least make sensical statements.
Not that I agree with the poster you're responding too, but it's been almost 40 already lol

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:49 PM
  #97
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
I dont care how I look. This team is crap and will be for quite some time
Then stop following the team! Seriously, if you're so sure the Flyers will be nothing forever, then why continue following them? Find another team to cheer for...


Some of you are just insufferable. That was a monumental collapse, but jesus christ, some people are acting like they rounded up your families and sent them to the gas chambers on live television. Just take a step back, and recognize that you're watching hockey for ****s sake.



Credit where it's due-- the Caps put up a relentless attack in the last ten minutes. Not many teams could withstand that. It's certainly not an excuse, but it should be acknowledged at least.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:49 PM
  #98
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 50
everytime raffl play great we blow the lead

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:51 PM
  #99
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Then stop following the team! Seriously, if you're so sure the Flyers will be nothing forever, then why continue following them? Find another team to cheer for...


Some of you are just insufferable. That was a monumental collapse, but jesus christ, some people are acting like they rounded up your families and sent them to the gas chambers on live television. Just take a step back, and recognize that you're watching hockey for ****s sake.



Credit where it's due-- the Caps put up a relentless attack in the last ten minutes. Not many teams could withstand that. It's certainly not an excuse, but it should be acknowledged at least.
And if I did go root for another team then everyone would say Im a fair weather bandwagon fan. And you'd be right. We're not winning the cup for 50 years, but Im not going anywhere for 50 years. Will stick with these bums for the rest of my life

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:53 PM
  #100
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,791
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
God damn...all of you need to ****. Just a ****ing ray of sunshine in this place.
we need to be patient with this team right?


GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.