HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun., Dec. 15, 2013|Flyers 4 at Capitals 5 (SO)|3:00 p.m. ET

Old
12-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
It'll be important to see how they respond on tuesday. They usually play really well after being embarrassed to I expect a really strong game... minus the comeback, though.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:53 PM
flyershockey

Hate today, but I'm whiskey drunk. Oh well, at least people can jump off the "Giroux is overrated" bandwagon.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:54 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
And if I did go root for another team then everyone would say Im a fair weather bandwagon fan. And you'd be right. We're not winning the cup for 50 years, but Im not going anywhere for 50 years. Will stick with these bums for the rest of my life
So then what pleasure do you get out of watching then?

People like you are so irrational, I actually find it quite amusing.

We're watching sports. Stop being so dramatic.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Holmgren likes his team

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:56 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

give the guy a break man. that was a tough loss. venting on the internet is therapy for some. he doesn't mean half of what he says. but it feels good to say it

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:56 PM
MadFerIt95*

Quote:

If I get this pissed after a loss, if by some miracle we do win a cup, it will mean the world to me and I will be filled with infinite joy.

"Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that."

-Tupac

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 05:59 PM
MadFerIt95*

ROMO INTERCEPTED!

I'll take solace in the fact that I am also 100% sure the Capitals are never winning a cup any time soon either.

Old
12-15-2013, 06:00 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
give the guy a break man. that was a tough loss. venting on the internet is therapy for some. he doesn't mean half of what he says. but it feels good to say it
This. I don't understand why some feel the need to come on and be holier than thou. It's the internet, who cares.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:03 PM
MadFerIt95*

And of course its called back this day sucks

Old
12-15-2013, 06:03 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
This. I don't understand why some feel the need to come on and be holier than thou. It's the internet, who cares.
It's not being "holier than thou"-- it's being amused by the quite clearly over-dramatic responses of people over things they have zero control over.

The more passion you have, the more entertaining sports can be. But there's a not-so-fine line between being passionate and being an idiot that appears to have been crossed by many people today. I think it's funny.

Old
12-15-2013, 06:07 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
It's not being "holier than thou"-- it's being amused by the quite clearly over-dramatic responses of people over things they have zero control over.

The more passion you have, the more entertaining sports can be. But there's a not-so-fine line between being passionate and being an idiot that appears to have been crossed by many people today. I think it's funny.
I'd like to think I'm a pretty level headed guy in many faucets of life, however, I'm not above getting irritated watching sports and saying something stupid or off the wall after a tough loss.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:07 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:

i feel like i was let down by 20 people today.

and yes, it's being holier than thou whether you call it that or the clearly defined synonym you've provided.

Old
12-15-2013, 06:15 PM
MadFerIt95*

Look, I may be overreacting a little bit, but I just don't see how people don't lose their cool after losses like this. Especially when the Eagles gave up 48 to the Vikings without Peterson. It's a ****** day, one of worst I have had in a long time sports wise. I can't think of ANY positives other than Raffl today. Not after choking up a 4-1 lead.

Old
12-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

I think a positive to take out of this game is that the first line is really coming around and last game wasn't just a fluke. Neither the Habs nor the Caps are bottom teams and both games Raffl looked really good and showed just how much that line needed a player of his style. It also seemed like they spend the entire game in the offensive zone.

Also, Giroux is looking really good lately and he's been pretty consistent in putting up points over the last 15-20 games.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:18 PM
tymed

Quote:

The only thing more frustrating than the Flyers themselves is having to discuss them with a 99% bipolar fanbase here on the boards. Must be gettin used to that by now though eh?

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
I'd like to think I'm a pretty level headed guy in many faucets of life, however, I'm not above getting irritated watching sports and saying something stupid or off the wall after a tough loss.
Like I said, nothing wrong with being passionate. I am, too. I've said some pretty dumb things after some tough losses, also. In fact, earlier this year (when the team was still winless), I advocated sending Couturier to the AHL for a little. I'm not above saying stupid things.

But some people take just things way too seriously and personally in a way that goes beyond passion. Especially when the team is barely out of the playoffs right now with the chance to be in it by the end of the week, I just don't understand the rationale behind some of these emotional posts.

It's a loss that stings, but no need to take it personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
i feel like i was let down by 20 people today.

and yes, it's being holier than thou whether you call it that or the clearly defined synonym you've provided.
Like this guy. You weren't let down by anyone, my friend. I hated to watch those last ten minutes every bit as much as you did, but I'm not personally affronted by what I just saw.

It would be holier than thou if I looked down on you as a lesser person because of your words or actions. I don't think I'm superior to you because I am not emotionally damaged by the game; I just can't understand your rationale behind your extreme emotions, that's all.

Old
12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
jeff leonard

Honestly I completely understand people's strong reaction to this team. We have a few very promising and cool younger players on a team that doesn't work, coached by a guy who doesn't coach and surrounded by players who either have forgotten how to play or forgotten how to care. It's super frustrating to watch young players that we should be totally bragging about on the main board get embarrassed night in and night out because the AHLer's we've surrounded them with can't even muster up a token effort.

I don't think I hate this team because most of my hate is reserved for people who are better looking/have nicer things than me, but they're definitely more annoying to watch than the 07 squad, because like..they were trying at least, they just sucked. And you knew that at the end of the year, you'd have a very, VERY solid top 3 pick who you'd be able to rely on in your top six for years to come, y'know?

jeff leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Flying

the good: please kill me
the bad: it hurts
the ugly: to watch this team

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:32 PM
BringBackStevens

Our defense needs to stop screening and deflecting picks into our own net. We must lead the league in doing that

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:33 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Like I said, nothing wrong with being passionate. I am, too. I've said some pretty dumb things after some tough losses, also. In fact, earlier this year (when the team was still winless), I advocated sending Couturier to the AHL for a little. I'm not above saying stupid things.

But some people take just things way too seriously and personally in a way that goes beyond passion. Especially when the team is barely out of the playoffs right now with the chance to be in it by the end of the week, I just don't understand the rationale behind some of these emotional posts.

It's a loss that stings, but no need to take it personally.

Like this guy. You weren't let down by anyone, my friend. I hated to watch those last ten minutes every bit as much as you did, but I'm not personally affronted by what I just saw.

It would be holier than thou if I looked down on you as a lesser person because of your words or actions. I don't think I'm superior to you because I am not emotionally damaged by the game; I just can't understand your rationale behind your extreme emotions, that's all.
my point is that it's okay to overreact after a game like this. i'm not arguing that i'm emotionally damaged, and the guy you were talking to originally admitted he was overreacting. how can you not be pissed after a game like that? of course nobody takes it personally no matter what they say in the heat of the moment. but as fans, how can you not feel let down? they blew a 3 goal lead with 8 minutes to play and are off to quite the mediocre "start" to the season (it's still early and there is a lot for a young team to learn from a loss like this). still, we have valid reasons to be pissed, overreactions aside.

Old
12-15-2013, 06:34 PM
The Nightman Cometh

I can only think those that aren't enraged by this team tonight simply don't care enough. If you care, you're furious.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:35 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Our defense needs to stop screening and deflecting picks into our own net. We must lead the league in doing that
and what's sad is that they'd been doing a better job of letting mason see the puck, even in this game before the meltdown. it's as much on the team defense as it is on mason.

Old
12-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I can only think those that aren't enraged by this team tonight simply don't care enough. If you care, you're furious.
There's more than one way of expressing emotion or care. Just because you're not a RAH RAH RAH person doesn't mean you don't care.

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:40 PM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

OzFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:42 PM
MadFerIt95*

Hahahahahahahah romo