HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun., Dec. 15, 2013|Flyers 4 at Capitals 5 (SO)|3:00 p.m. ET

Old
12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I can only think those that aren't enraged by this team tonight simply don't care enough. If you care, you're furious.
Nothing wrong with being angry after a loss, but I've learned that at some point you just have to let it go because staying angry after a loss changes absolutely nothing and it'll just ruin other things in your life, especially since I have no effect on the success of the team. I'm always furious after a loss but I just step away, play with my dog for a bit, and then I've calmed down enough to look at the loss with a clear head and see what went wrong.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:45 PM
bennysflyers16

Romo cheered me up a bit.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

GReEN BAY WINS!!!!!

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:50 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Look, I may be overreacting a little bit, but I just don't see how people don't lose their cool after losses like this. Especially when the Eagles gave up 48 to the Vikings without Peterson. It's a ****** day, one of worst I have had in a long time sports wise. I can't think of ANY positives other than Raffl today. Not after choking up a 4-1 lead.
My Pack just brightened your day. CHEERS!

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
that sums up the last 10 minutes of the third pretty well

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
that sums up the last 10 minutes of the third pretty well
and sums up why hes a wasted roster space

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:58 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
My Pack just brightened your day. CHEERS!
This day still sucks though, but this still helps a bit haha

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:27 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Nothing wrong with being angry after a loss, but I've learned that at some point you just have to let it go because staying angry after a loss changes absolutely nothing and it'll just ruin other things in your life, especially since I have no effect on the success of the team. I'm always furious after a loss but I just step away, play with my dog for a bit, and then I've calmed down enough to look at the loss with a clear head and see what went wrong.
This. I only have one day off and that's Sunday. Why the **** should a Flyers anddd and Eagles loss ruin my day? That's stupid. be mad about it for 10 minutes then move on.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:35 PM
DeflatedFootball7

So Mason has a **** game for only the first or second time and people compare him to Leighton. Yeah okay shut up.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
Not that I agree with the poster you're responding too, but it's been almost 40 already lol
Yeah but he was saying 50 yrs from now...

That's just asinine.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
So Mason has a **** game for only the first or second time and people compare him to Leighton. Yeah okay shut up.
I assume they were comparing the performance, not the performer.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:51 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I didn't see that but whoever did should be ashamed of themselves. Mason has more talent in his left nut then Laughton had in his entire body.

Old
12-15-2013, 08:53 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Yeah but he was saying 50 yrs from now...

That's just asinine.
No I know. I'm sure he was exaggerating in the heat of the moment. I was merely pointing out, I'm sure when the Flyers lost in 76 or 80, people didn't think we'd still be waiting in 2013 lol.

Last edited by FlyerSithLord: 12-15-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo
FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 09:15 PM
tymed

Quote:
I didn't see that but whoever did should be ashamed of themselves. Mason has more talent in his left nut then Laughton had in his entire body.
I think you meant Leighton, and your statement would also remain true if Mason had his left nut removed.

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 09:38 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
One bad game equals crashing back to earth, and don't resign him. Only in Philadelphia.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 09:43 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
I think you meant Leighton, and your statement would also remain true if Mason had his left nut removed.
Indeed and indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
No I know. I'm sure he was exaggerating in the heat of the moment. I was merely pointing out, I'm sure when the Flyers lost in 76 or 80, people didn't think we'd still be waiting in 2013 lol.
Gotcha

Snider has been in charge the entire time though. That won't be true within 10 yrs most likely. I'm convinced Snider is too involved in the decision making, influencing big decisions and just ****ing with the team in general (Bryz IMO is a prime example).

Old
12-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Garbage Goal

Don't know why you guys are bickering over how much the team matters to individuals and how much people should be mad about it. Probably one of the most stupid things to bicker about I can think of.

On a personal note, apathy set in after the Anaheim game a long ways ago so I don't really get mad over these games anymore. I just laugh when games like this one happen. I laugh a lot actually.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Snider has been in charge the entire time though. That won't be true within 10 yrs most likely. I'm convinced Snider is too involved in the decision making, influencing big decisions and just ****ing with the team in general (Bryz IMO is a prime example).
Snider needs to go, has needed to for a long time now. Only thing I worry about is someone being put in charge that doesn't love the team the way he does.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
One bad game equals crashing back to earth, and don't resign him. Only in Philadelphia.
How did Mason have a bad game? No one on the friggin' team can cover their point men, so it's the goalie's fault he can't stop screen shots?

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 10:50 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Don't know why you guys are bickering over how much the team matters to individuals and how much people should be mad about it. Probably one of the most stupid things to bicker about I can think of.

On a personal note, apathy set in after the Anaheim game a long ways ago so I don't really get mad over these games anymore. I just laugh when games like this one happen. I laugh a lot actually.
Why? Because some people come on here to actually discuss the game (believe it or not). Not to wade through hundreds of BS, "Wah! I HATE this team! They SUCK!" remarks.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:38 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Why? Because some people come on here to actually discuss the game (believe it or not). Not to wade through hundreds of BS, "Wah! I HATE this team! They SUCK!" remarks.
no offense dude, but you have contributed nothing to this thread other than your commentary about how you laugh at upset fans. at no point have you discussed the actual game (believe it or not) past giving the caps credit for their comeback. this is a flyers board and people are allowed to voice their displeasure. you can also use the ignore function if you're that upset about it.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:52 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
You could always watch a game with Steve Coates if you want all sunshines & rainbows.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
As far as this PGT goes all I've seen you do is get on other fans cases for being discontent or tired with this team or even just venting. You've done zero actual game discussion or at least zero in-depth discussion as far as I can tell.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but this team does suck. We missed the playoffs last season and we're 23rd place in a 30 team league, might not even make the playoffs in what is by far the worst division in the league, in the lesser conference in the league. They suck and people naturally vent as well as get tired of it.

Get off your high horse and if you want to actually talk hockey then talk hockey instead of perpetuating this nonsense.

Not like there's much to discuss with this game anyhow. Raffl was good, Giroux is still doing his scoring thing, we still suck at shootouts, and they choked really hard in the third period in a game they not only should have won but probably might have needed to win. That's about the sum of it. So it's no surprise people are pissed.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:53 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
This. Always the same retarded comments after every loss. This fanbase looks like a bunch of 5 years olds.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:57 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You could always watch a game with Steve Coates if you want all sunshines & rainbows.
during the montreal game the other day, coatsey actually said "rosehill's been incredible this year"

can't make that **** up.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote