HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

patience is a virtue

Old
01-10-2007, 08:46 PM
slider

vCash: 500
patience is a virtue

we all know Klowe is a patience Gm. we have to admit the trades for spacek, Tarnstrom were absolute steals last year. but realisticly. At the moment were are not in the playoff picture. And, we have no superstar (ala pronger in his prime). this year we are on the cusp. I believe it is truely up to the he present roster players to convince Klowe by their play to force klowe's hand to ge the hoies filled. In other words they have to be in playoff contention. I believe by middle of february we are either a buyer or a sellor's. if we are out of playoff contention.
we will trade, Smyth, smith sykora, tjarnquist to the highest bidders.(with exception if smyth signs )
If we are in contention we will be trading are youth such as
Shremp, Cogliano, Picks etc to get us our defense. thsi year reminds me of the 2003 season when klowe traded for jussi and nedved for our playoff push. that we missed.
cheers

slider is offline   Reply With Quote