HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun., Dec. 15, 2013|Flyers 4 at Capitals 5 (SO)|3:00 p.m. ET

Old
12-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
I don't know what people expect. Guess we're supposed to be happy with a team that's in 23rd place halfways through December and coming off a season where they missed the playoffs?

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:15 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't know what people expect. Guess we're supposed to be happy with a team that's in 23rd place halfways through December and coming off a season where they missed the playoffs?

Don't be a whiney ***** about it. Yeah, they lost and are where they are but to let it effect your mood that much hours after the game has ended is dumb. Freaking out about trading players or talking about how everybody sucks all the time is pointless.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:19 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
Most of said posts had nothing to do with talking hockey.

they were just flipping out and saying ridiculous things

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Don't be a whiney ***** about it. Yeah, they lost and are where they are but to let it effect your mood that much hours after the game has ended is dumb. Freaking out about trading players or talking about how everybody sucks all the time is pointless.
It's like sometimes people don't realize that this is a message board with humans posting on it. Half the purpose of a message board like this is to vent and the other half is to talk about the sport. Just because a person vents on an internet site doesn't mean it's actually affecting them in real life. It's not like their personalities or tone of voice are seeping through text. For all you know people have things besides the Flyers affecting their mood as well.

Even putting that aside, it's not up to you or anyone else to decide how important this team or the sport is to anyone. It's way more annoying to hear people complain and go off on random, pointless arguments just because people are venting or tired of things.

Also, what the hell are we supposed to talk about with the team that doesn't include the team sucking? Like I said, they missed the playoffs last season and are 23rd in the league well into the season. There's not much positive and you can't just ignore all the negative. The point of this forum is to talk about hockey, it doesn't matter if it's negative or positive talk.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
It's like sometimes people don't realize that this is a message board with humans posting on it. Half the purpose of a message board like this is to vent and the other half is to talk about the sport. Just because a person vents on an internet site doesn't mean it's actually affecting them in real life. It's not like their personalities or tone of voice are seeping through text. For all you know people have things besides the Flyers affecting their mood as well.

Even putting that aside, it's not up to you or anyone else to decide how important this team or the sport is to anyone. It's way more annoying to hear people complain and go off on random, pointless arguments just because people are venting or tired of things.

Also, what the hell are we supposed to talk about with the team that doesn't include the team sucking? Like I said, they missed the playoffs last season and are 23rd in the league well into the season. There's not much positive and you can't just ignore all the negative. The point of this forum is to talk about hockey, it doesn't matter if it's negative or positive talk.
exactly... its a internet forum... no one give sa **** really.. post what ur feeling... in 10 secs the worlds gunna have moved on..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
1. I dont think Jay Rosehill has been as horrible as everyone is making him out to be. 2. Mason had an off day but no reason to worry yet. 3. Luke Schenn is just the biggest dissapointment some times...I genuinly like his game when he is on. The final part of last season i thought he was great for us, he played a ton. So it is just dissapointing this year watching his game. 4. Our Zone Entry is horrible, absolutely horrible...they are still doing that stupid drop pass from center ice and all 4 players are on the blue line ****. It never works and we have to learn how to get the puck in the zone and controlling the puck...we have far to many one chance ***** in the offensive zone and it just kills us. 5. I think Scott Hartnell is the stupidest, funniest player ive ever seen. I think he is awesome, probably one of the best athletes we have ever had in terms of personality. He is just stupid.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
If people think THIS forum is bad after a bad loss they really need to start reading other forums. We aren't too bad.

12-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If people think THIS forum is bad after a bad loss they really need to start reading other forums. We aren't too bad.
Haha I believe it. I think I have an idea who would be worse, too.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Never before has one thing ever summed up a man so succinctly.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Never before has one thing ever summed up a man so succinctly.
Perfectly timed, too. They ran the promo for his Hartnell Down childrens' book shortly after. I assume that sort of thing is planned beforehand.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 05:14 AM
FlyersFan61290

If the Flyers win in regulation on Tuesday I'll be please. Hell I would have been pleased with a slip (aka without the extra point). It's obviously frustrating to see that extra point slip away when they were minutes away from victory but whatever.

As long as the flyers beat up in the Blue Jackets and take the next one from the Caps I'll be a very happy man. If not I'll be a little sour but hey what else is new.

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 05:53 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
If the Flyers win in regulation on Tuesday I'll be please. Hell I would have been pleased with a slip (aka without the extra point). It's obviously frustrating to see that extra point slip away when they were minutes away from victory but whatever.

As long as the flyers beat up in the Blue Jackets and take the next one from the Caps I'll be a very happy man. If not I'll be a little sour but hey what else is new.
The good thing is there is always a next game to look forward to...
The bad message is we are approaching mid-season and this team doesn't look like they belong in the playoffs.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
No I know. I'm sure he was exaggerating in the heat of the moment. I was merely pointing out, I'm sure when the Flyers lost in 76 or 80, people didn't think we'd still be waiting in 2013 lol.
No, no we didn't.

Yesterday, Voracek was in alone with 5 mins left. He scores it really is game over.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 06:48 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
during the montreal game the other day, coatsey actually said "rosehill's been incredible this year"

can't make that **** up.
That's why you put the game on mute and eliminate the squawking parrots.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 08:45 AM
tymed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
No, no we didn't.

Yesterday, Voracek was in alone with 5 mins left. He scores it really is game over.
They would have found a way to give up that extra goal too--Pretty sure that's what was going on there last night.

tymed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Some of these TOI numbers look pretty big:

Couturier 25:43 (led the Flyers that game including defenseman)
Read 24:25

Carlson 29:38
Ovechkin 25:08

I know it went to OT and all but those numbers still seem pretty insane to me

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 09:04 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

I left to run an errand with 9 minutes left in the third. Came home and :|

SeanCWombBroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 09:15 AM
MickeyMelchiondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
3. Luke Schenn is just the biggest dissapointment some times...I genuinly like his game when he is on. The final part of last season i thought he was great for us, he played a ton. So it is just dissapointing this year watching his game.
the worst part about this is that JVR is pretty much the exact kind of player they need...

MickeyMelchiondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I left to run an errand with 9 minutes left in the third. Came home and :|
Me too. Had to leave with 5 minutes left. Checked my phone later and could not believe my eyes. I was really feeling quite good about the game, and there were a lot of positives. Solid D play. Some creativity coming back to the offense.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 10:09 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
That was a tough pill to swallow. Bad, bad loss for this team even though they did get a point out of it. Gotta shut the door when up 4-1 with less than half a period to play. Inexcusable.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post

I can't believe the refs missed that blatant trip and cost us the game

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 01:03 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
I can't believe the refs missed that blatant trip and cost us the game
you could see the line blatantly stick out a leg when Hartnell came by.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 01:07 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
how do people expect folks to react after a loss like that. I was steaming mad. Are we supposed to just shrug out shoulders and go oh well this is still a playoff caliber team?
I dont care what the standings say. this is not a playoff team. its not built like one that is for sure. I dont care how much Holmgren likes his team.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you could see the line blatantly stick out a leg when Hartnell came by.
Shanny better throw the book at the Line

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 06:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
how do people expect folks to react after a loss like that. I was steaming mad. Are we supposed to just shrug out shoulders and go oh well this is still a playoff caliber team?
I dont care what the standings say. this is not a playoff team. its not built like one that is for sure. I dont care how much Holmgren likes his team.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote