HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Decisions need to be made, but which ones?

Old
12-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
why is everyone so high on brayden schenn the kid is NOT GOOD AND WILL NEVER BE GOOD kid had a decent year last year he's got trade value use that **** b4 it runs out he looks horrible out there he is NOT fast has mediocre hands and an ok shot ... oh he will throw a hit and fight (which he always loses ) but you say you wouldn't trade him for elder wow i wonder if some people think b4 they talk
Well this garbage player is second on the team in points. And he in on pace for the same points that JVR was in his 3rd year. Maybe we need to be patient when we were not before.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Well this garbage player is second on the team in points. And he in on pace for the same points that JVR was in his 3rd year. Maybe we need to be patient when we were not before.
wow on a team where we can't shoot for **** that deserves a round of applause its sad we couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat and i stand by what i said schenn is NOT GOOD he shouldn't have been a #5 draft pick lol la made out like bandits getting Richards for him and Simmons

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:41 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Feel free to go be a Kings fan then.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:49 PM
4thline4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
wow on a team where we can't shoot for **** that deserves a round of applause its sad we couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat and i stand by what i said schenn is NOT GOOD he shouldn't have been a #5 draft pick lol la made out like bandits getting Richards for him and Simmons
Solid rant 6/10.. Bonus point for the misspelling of Simmonds

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 09:28 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

I'm not a bit fan of Schenn either, but he's far from garbage. I don't think he'll ever be able to reach his potential here, and I wouldn't mind dealing him, but he's still a good young player with a lot of potential.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 10:03 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

I was realy high on sinmonds and would still like to get a player like him but ive seen some really harsh words describing his season....hockey iq of a brick wall i think was one lol is he really that bad? I was considering beaulieu snd a first fair value but now im not so sure

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Joe Toronto sighting.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 12:04 AM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
Feel free to go be a Kings fan then.
a flyers fan forever but i do catch myself cheering for la because of carter and Richards other than that i could care less

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 02:38 AM
dats81

Again after watching them play the Caps yesterday I'm less and less convinced B.Schenn will ever get anywhere close to his ceiling.

He is solid overall but does nothing exceptionally well. The hockey sense does not seem to be there for him. Most of the time he looks like he is always a step behind the play and when was the last time he did something creative with the puck?

Wasn't he expected to add some physical play as well? I just see a player with average strength who gets knocked off the puck way too easy and falls a lot.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Schenn looks like a guy who could peak as a Downie/Hartnell sort of guy.

We traded Richards for that.

**** I hope I'm wrong.

12-16-2013, 05:11 AM
Psuhockey

The biggest problem with B Schenn is he doesn't move his feet consistently with or without the puck. In that sense, he is a lot like JVR was when he was a Flyers although not as naturally talented. This guy is in a contract year too so the lack of effort is disturbing. He has the talent to be Shane Doan but could also end up like Drew Stafford.

This is just my own speculation but it doesn't seem like the Schenn brothers respond very well to coaching. The Flyers have been trying to get B. Schenn up on his skates and moving his feet consistently since his time with the phantoms and have been trying to get L. Schenn to simplify his game since he got here yet neither goal is going anywhere.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 06:12 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The biggest problem with B Schenn is he doesn't move his feet consistently with or without the puck. In that sense, he is a lot like JVR was when he was a Flyers although not as naturally talented. This guy is in a contract year too so the lack of effort is disturbing. He has the talent to be Shane Doan but could also end up like Drew Stafford.

This is just my own speculation but it doesn't seem like the Schenn brothers respond very well to coaching. The Flyers have been trying to get B. Schenn up on his skates and moving his feet consistently since his time with the phantoms and have been trying to get L. Schenn to simplify his game since he got here yet neither goal is going anywhere.
This. B. Schenn is not slow. I would say his balance isn't great either though.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 08:36 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:

would want 1000X - for him to become that type.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 09:06 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:

Yea well said. He does not seem to put much effort into anything. When he is "hot" he is moving well and up on his skates. As you said it looks more like an effort thing than anything else. Not sure how that gets better other than time and maturity. I mean all he has to do is skate for 60 minutes and be will be a really good player.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 09:11 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Schenn looks like a guy who could peak as a Downie/Hartnell sort of guy.

We traded Richards for that.

**** I hope I'm wrong.
But OMG Simmonds RULES!!!!1!!!!!

I don't even want to contemplate what the Flyers would get for Schenn in a trade. Sure as **** isn't close to Richards' value.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
But OMG Simmonds RULES!!!!1!!!!!

I don't even want to contemplate what the Flyers would get for Schenn in a trade. Sure as **** isn't close to Richards' value.
There in lies the Flyers bad predicament. This teams needs top line scoring winger and most importantly mobile puck moving defensemen. The league as a whole is desperate for scoring so no team is moving a top line goal scorer especially on a reasonable contract. The defensemen are in even higher demand. No contending team is giving away an establish PMD and noncontending teams are probably not contending because they need more mobile puck moving defensemen. The Flyers are going to have to go either unproven or struggling and that carries with it the same possible outcome of the JVR for L. Schenn trade. I really question the Flyers professional scouting staff when it comes to defensemen (L. Schenn, Kubina, Matt walker, Meszaros, Emminger) so I don't have much hope they win those trades.

Old
12-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
I would have kept Richards but BSchenn and Simmonds was a decent return. How decent we won't know for a few more years.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 11:53 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

people would of not liked the Richards trade as much if Simmonds had not that career year in his first full year here. I still would of not done the trade. We have had this discussion before on this board to. I would of done the Carter trade 10 times out of 10 and kept Richards.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Funf

This trade would be looking so much better if LA had agreed to give up Voynov instead of Simmonds.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 12:14 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
This trade would be looking so much better if LA had agreed to give up Voynov instead of Simmonds.
rumor has it Holmgren asked for him and Lombardi said he wasnt available.
how much truth there is to that tho.
I like Voynov a lot. I have been watching this kid play since he came to NA. You just could see he was going to be a really good NHL defenseman.

Old
12-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
rumor has it Holmgren asked for him and Lombardi said he wasnt available.
If that's the case, then you don't draft Sean Couturier, you draft Dougie Hamilton. People like to talk about the Flyers neglect of the goalie position, but both Holmgren and Clarke have long neglected the defense position as well. This team has been collecting old pylons for as long as I remember. I can only remember one flyers team, the recent cup team, that had two fully formed defense pairs that could move the puck. After that it was maybe one or two guys and a bunch of tough defensive only guys.

Old
12-16-2013, 12:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
If that's the case, then you don't draft Sean Couturier, you draft Dougie Hamilton. People like to talk about the Flyers neglect of the goalie position, but both Holmgren and Clarke have long neglected the defense position as well. This team has been collecting old pylons for as long as I remember. I can only remember one flyers team, the recent cup team, that had two fully formed defense pairs that could move the puck. After that it was maybe one or two guys and a bunch of tough defensive only guys.
or Duncan Siemens. Who the Flyers were ready to draft ahead of Dougie Hamilton. Only recently have the Flyers finally figured out what the rest of the NHL knows. you draft from the goaltender out.

Old
12-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

I might be in the minority here, but I still like the Couts pick over Hamilton. I know everyone was raving about him and he is young, but Couts is coming around offensively. Hamilton hasn't had the best season up in Boston either, but he still has plenty left to grow as well. I just like Couts upside a little more than Hamilton. Just my opinion of course.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 01:12 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I might be in the minority here, but I still like the Couts pick over Hamilton. I know everyone was raving about him and he is young, but Couts is coming around offensively. Hamilton hasn't had the best season up in Boston either, but he still has plenty left to grow as well. I just like Couts upside a little more than Hamilton. Just my opinion of course.
i like the pick as well. All tho I dont know if they would of taken Hamilton if Couturier was off the board.

Old
12-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Flyerss

Brodin is the only guy i would take over coots

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote