HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

A plea for a modicum of decency.

Old
01-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Hairball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyman View Post
My elitist solution, start up a second Oiler board, just an offshoot of this one. Everyone who joined prior to 2004? season is eligible, after that it would be invite only. All a new poster would do is simply request membership, a mod would take a look at their posting history and make the decision. Rules would be much more strict on the new board, maybe 1 warning then a ban. You wouldn't need to be a genius to get in, just be able to contribute positively/constructively in someway. No trolls, and no more emo BS.
Don't get me wrong. Without fresh opinions and new ideas, it gets really stale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyman View Post
I'd think both boards would generate enough traffic to make it worth while. Anyone else all for cancelling the useless Flames forum and turning it into another Oiler board?

Oh well I can dream i guess
I believe that was one of dawgbone's first decrees upon becoming a mod. I even went over there to try to convince them. They locked my thread.

Hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:12 PM
LawnDemon

I mostly just snoop around now. The main reason is because there are simply too many people... Hmmm... I was going to say "too many people under the age of 21" but I think that's unfair. The real problem is too many people under the IQ of 81.

Maybe it's time I "put on the foil" and deal with some of these punks the same way I used to deal with Dawgbone in the good old days ... Although now that Dawgbone is a mod I may have to settle for a quick spear when he's watching the play go up the ice.

To quote the greatest movie in history: "It's time to turn down the suck and turn up the awesome". Focus on the quality content and tune out the crap. It's pretty easy really.

LawnDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
ClosetOilersFan

Excellent post. It's true.

I am definitely guilty of engaging in the occasional heated debate; they do get ugly sometimes.

I'll keep it in mind for the future.

ClosetOilersFan is offline   Reply With Quote