HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVI

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2013, 02:01 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
I'd put him 4th at best, behind 8, 19, and 52. The masses love sound bytes and good samaritan stories. 21 has the market cornered on those. He's also the longest tenured Cap, I believe. He's worn everyone down.
Is Erat more or less common than Jeff Schultz? And how often do you guys see a Jagr jersey?

Just curious.

Old
12-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Is Erat more or less common than Jeff Schultz? And how often do you guys see a Jagr jersey?

Just curious.
I've only ever seen 2 Schultz jerseys and one was a Winter Classic version. That's one step below the #43 Fleischmann jersey I saw.

Haven't been to a game since Erat was acquired, so I can't speak to that.

Old
12-16-2013, 02:06 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
I've only ever seen 2 Schultz jerseys and one was a Winter Classic version. That's one step below the #43 Fleischmann jersey I saw.

Haven't been to a game since Erat was acquired, so I can't speak to that.
That video of the very agitated fan telling the caps to kiss his ass...that guy was wearing a Schultz home jersey.

Old
12-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
That video of the very agitated fan telling the caps to kiss his ass...that guy was wearing a Schultz home jersey.
Didn't that guy lose his season tickets or something? **** Ted.

Old
12-16-2013, 02:31 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Didn't that guy lose his season tickets or something? **** Ted.
WOW! That would suggest that Ted values a quality experience for all fans in attendance at the VC and is not just interested in the revenue that fans would generate for him.

Old
12-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
WOW! That would suggest that Ted values a quality experience for all fans in attendance at the VC and is not just interested in the revenue that fans would generate for him.
He would make a great hfboards moderator. If he weren't a little ***** and a moron, he would've revoked the tickets of all the losers who cheered in game 7 against the Penguins.

Old
12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
MaximusT

Call me paranoid but I'm really worried that the instant Orlov has one bad game Oates sends him down.....

Old
12-16-2013, 03:52 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

In other news, the kid Nikita Kucherov that plays for the TB Lightning which we got some glimpses of last week, he was drafted in 2011 in the second round at #58. Oh by the way, the Caps had the #57 pick but that had been traded off to the Canes along with Pothier and Oskar Osala for Joe Corvo at the TDL. Another great move by GMGM.

Old
12-16-2013, 03:53 PM
SkinsFan09

Quote:
In other news, the kid Nikita Kucherov that plays for the TB Lightning which we got some glimpses of last week. He was drafted in 2011 in the second round at #58. Oh by the way, the Caps had the #57 pick but that had been traded off to the Canes along with Pothier and Oskar Osala for Joe Corvo at the TDL. Another great move by GMGM.
This is not a sentence.

Old
12-16-2013, 03:54 PM
SkinsFan09

When Oates wises up and moves Mojo off the top line is everyone okay with him as 2C?

Old
12-16-2013, 03:59 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
This is not a sentence.
I corrected it and now you can go *^$%$#)_)(&*&)

FN jack booted thug grammar police!

Old
12-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Yes, trading that pick was a stupid move because a player just happened to be available at the spot it ended up falling (56 picks into the draft).

Old
12-16-2013, 04:14 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
In other news, the kid Nikita Kucherov that plays for the TB Lightning which we got some glimpses of last week, he was drafted in 2011 in the second round at #58. Oh by the way, the Caps had the #57 pick but that had been traded off to the Canes along with Pothier and Oskar Osala for Joe Corvo at the TDL. Another great move by GMGM.
Andrew Shaw was taken in the 5th round

**** happens in the draft.

Old
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Caps drafted Carrick in the fifth round and Barber in the sixth round on the same day.

Perspective.

Old
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Yes, trading that pick was a stupid move because a player just happened to be available at the spot it ended up falling (56 picks into the draft).
Where do I begin:

- Well it's a stupid move because once again it demonstrates that GMGM is an idiot (as he demonstrated most recently with the Erat trade) when making 11th hour deals at the TDL. Corvo was going to be a free agent. The draft pick was unnecessary, but good old George blinked when Rutherford held his ground just as he blinked with Poile. McPhee panics when he finds himself in such situations and overpays. He also is somewhat of an impulse buyer, and signs players to deals based upon their most recent performance rather than their career performance.
- Understandably so, Caps fans cringe when we trade a first round pick or someone we drafted with a first round pick. But when it comes to second round picks Caps fans become much more accepting of the move and really don't give it a second thought value-wise, i.e. not only the Corvo trade, but even the Ribeiro trade which was not only for Cody Eakin who would look pretty good as our 3rd line center right about now but also a second round pick went to Dallas as well.
- Yet all George could get for Perreault (who imho should not have been moved) was a 4th round pick. Yeah that was stupid as well.

Old
12-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Where do I begin:

- Well it's a stupid move because once again it demonstrates that GMGM is an idiot (as he demonstrated most recently with the Erat trade) when making 11th hour deals at the TDL. Corvo was going to be a free agent. The draft pick was unnecessary, but good old George blinked when Rutherford held his ground just as he blinked with Poile. McPhee panics when he finds himself in such situations and overpays. He also is somewhat of an impulse buyer, and signs players to deals based upon their most recent performance rather than their career performance.
- Understandably so, Caps fans cringe when we trade a first round pick or someone we drafted with a first round pick. But when it comes to second round picks Caps fans become much more accepting of the move and really don't give it a second thought value-wise, i.e. not only the Corvo trade, but even the Ribeiro trade which was not only for Cody Eakin who would look pretty good as our 3rd line center right about now but also a second round pick went to Dallas as well.
- Yet all George could get for Perreault (who imho should not have been moved) was a 4th round pick. Yeah that was stupid as well.
Cool. What does any of this have to do with what you said?

Old
12-16-2013, 04:28 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Cool. What does any of this have to do with what you said?
All evidence of the poor decision making and personnel managment of this team's General Manager.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
All evidence of the poor decision making and personnel managment of this team's General Manager.
Hi, I'm Ridley.

I'm a Capaholic, unfortunately on my way to being Capathetic.

I've wanted George fired for 3 years now.

Nice to meet you.

Old
12-17-2013, 06:52 AM
OVrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Hi, I'm Ridley.

I'm a Capaholic, unfortunately on my way to being Capathetic.

I've wanted George fired for 3 years now.

Nice to meet you.
George has a lifetime contract and is never getting fired.

Old
12-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Despite being played out of position and on the fourth line in many of his games, Eric Fehr is second (tied with Chimera) in G/60 at ES (excluding Carrick), and second in P/60 (2.39 to Grabovski's 2.40). (Yes, he's played fewer games/minutes than other guys.) I honestly think he may be the second-best winger on the team.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:07 AM
FloridaCap
Beaglechuk Mania

Quote:
Despite being played out of position and on the fourth line in many of his games, Eric Fehr is second (tied with Chimera) in G/60 at ES (excluding Carrick), and second in P/60 (2.39 to Grabovski's 2.40). (Yes, he's played fewer games/minutes than other guys.) I honestly think he may be the second-best winger on the team.
He is the second best winger on the team. Easily.

-The second best shot (obviously behind Ovechkin)
-Best forechecker on the entire team
-Can play the PK
-Is good along the boards
-(not irrelevant when we have as many as we do) 5/5 in shootouts
-Defensively responsible

His only flaw is lack of foot speed. How he was scratched for so long is just baffling.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:09 AM
artilector

Quote:
There's no question his shot is top-6 quality -- certainly ahead of guys like Brouwer and Laich. And to my eyes he's just as active or sometimes more so on the forecheck.

So I'm all for giving him a look at the top-6, especially over these guys; but after his experience in ATL/WPG, I am less confident in his overall ability -- I mean, if he really had game, I thought he'd shine away from Caps.

But maybe he randomly got in the doghouse there, too. I don't know, it's a mystery to me why he's never gotten a prolonged look in the top-6, it's like coaches have him pegged as having certain limitations, and don't think it's even worth trying. Maybe he does indeed have those limitations, but there's only one way to find out.

And so far he's certainly done more in limited time on the 2nd line than any other winger.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
There's no question his shot is top-6 quality -- certainly ahead of guys like Brouwer and Laich. And to my eyes he's just as active or sometimes more so on the forecheck.

So I'm all for giving him a look at the top-6, especially over these guys; but after his experience in ATL/WPG, I am less confident in his overall ability -- I mean, if he really had game, I thought he'd shine away from Caps.

But maybe he randomly got in the doghouse there, too. I don't know, it's a mystery to me why he's never gotten a prolonged look in the top-6, it's like coaches have him pegged as having certain limitations, and don't think it's even worth trying. Maybe he does indeed have those limitations, but there's only one way to find out.

And so far he's certainly done more in limited time on the 2nd line than any other winger.
He's easily a better forechecker than Laich and Brouwer. Brouwer has a better shot though.

I'm pretty sure he had another shoulder injury during his one season in Winnipeg. He was finally healthy the next year and played well enough in Finland to get a contract with the Capitals. In both years back he hasn't exactly been drowned in opportunities, but he's produced well anyway. The guy also legitimately steps up in important situations more than anyone else on the team. His defense is inconsistent, but as an offensive player I think he's only behind Ovechkin right now. I do think Brouwer has a better shot, but Fehr's game is much better rounded.

Old
12-18-2013, 01:05 AM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

With latta injured and now Wilson likely suspended a few games, does that mean Wellman sticks around, even with Grabovski presumably returning for next game?

also, who is next F to get called up from Hershey, do we think? I'm more familiar with the D down there.

Old
12-18-2013, 01:42 AM
FloridaCap
Beaglechuk Mania

Quote:
He's easily a better forechecker than Laich and Brouwer. Brouwer has a better shot though.

I'm pretty sure he had another shoulder injury during his one season in Winnipeg. He was finally healthy the next year and played well enough in Finland to get a contract with the Capitals. In both years back he hasn't exactly been drowned in opportunities, but he's produced well anyway. The guy also legitimately steps up in important situations more than anyone else on the team. His defense is inconsistent, but as an offensive player I think he's only behind Ovechkin right now. I do think Brouwer has a better shot, but Fehr's game is much better rounded.
Brouwer has a better slap shot. His wrist shot is never even on net, so I don't think that is better.

Closed Thread