HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Byron Ritchie

Old
01-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Hemi-Cuda

vCash: 50
Byron Ritchie

is he another Dan Cleary in the making? with 4 goals in his last 3 games, he's already surpassed his career highs in goals and points, and with Iginla's injury he's really taking advantage of his increased ice time and looks like a legitimate scoring threat lately (which isn't so foreign as he was a 50+ goal scorer in junior)

so is this just another flash in the pan or will we see one more league journeyman bloom into a quality forward thanks to the new NHL?

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Ritchie is a hockey god

but seriously... the guy has scored at every level but the NHL then completely re-defined his game just to stay in the NHL... now given an opportunity he is producing... i think it would be smart for the flames just to keep ritchie playing on the 2nd line... possibly even when Kobasew returns

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
abracanada

His goals appear to be mostly because he is being left alone in front of the net. Word will spread, and it is going to get a lot tougher to score. I am reserving my opinion for a while.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Mike8

It's probably right to reserve judgment, but I remember thinking he had some good offensive instincts and ability with the puck to be a contributor offensively earlier on in his career.

I think in this 'new NHL', seeing players coming out of the woodwork to provide offense will continue to happen. More emphasis is being placed on skill, and NHL teams are still in a state of change to find the right formation in a lineup. I don't think the traditional two scoring lines, one checking line (that can, ideally, contribute offensively), and one energy line is going to be the norm anymore.

Rather, I expect something of Detroit's four lines where the fourth line is more of a kid line, to be the new norm.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:38 PM
surge

I'm hard pressed to find a less talented player than Ritchie to be honest, at least from what I've seen of him this year.

surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
His goals appear to be mostly because he is being left alone in front of the net. Word will spread, and it is going to get a lot tougher to score. I am reserving my opinion for a while.
2 of his 4 goals were off the rush and using the defenseman as a screen

Old
01-11-2007, 12:56 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngLFmcqpkY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D31jlgDSpUY

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Lunatik*

lame attempt to trash talk... this thread has nothing to do with Ruutu's hit or the subsequent fight the next time they met