HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EHM (Eastside Hockey Manager) 2005/2007 League (Ducky fans only :P)

Old
12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
duari91

vCash: 500
EHM (Eastside Hockey Manager) 2005/2007 League (Ducky fans only :P)

I know some of you guys set up a fantasy league a while back (not sure if if it is still active), however; I am starting an EHM 2005/2007 league that is similar to the fantasy thing we had before. The only difference is that it will not be set with real statistics, but a simulation rather.

The online feature for EHM 2005 is free, so I may end up going with that instead of the 2007 version. For those of you who have never played EHM; It is probably the most in depth hockey simulation to date. Think GM mode on the EA sports games, but actually realistic. The only difference is that you cannot actually play the games. (you can watch them in EHM 2007)

The rules of the league are still not final, but they should look something like this:

1. We will sim 10-12 games 3 days per week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) on a set time. You do not have to actually be online for the simulation, but it is recommended to make the proper changes to your team. The game will be left on for a majority of the day, so you can connect even when the simulation is not occurring (so you can make roster changes/trades/etc). If a 3 days sim is too much, I may consider doing a 1-2 day sim.

2. Trades need to be approved by the commissioner. This prevents people from taking advantage of the AI, and loading up a roster. Trades between two players are less regulated as long as both consent to the deal (Even if it is a one sided deal). Human controlled teams can not be traded with while they are logged off (Unless approval has been made outside of the game). Both players will still need to give me some sort of consent. Via PM or email.

3. I may enable the use of AHL/ECHL/Foreign leagues. After I get 5-10 people in the league, I will require people to spend at least one year at the AHL or similar level. After each season, I will pick open a list of available GM's in the lower league levels. All of the GM's in the NHL league will vote on who will be "drafted" into the NHL. After a GM has been drafted, he has the ability to choose any available team in the NHL (first come first serve). GM's cannot be fired or demoted unless they have abandoned their post for a number of days/weeks.

4. After each season, a recess will be taken (2-4 weeks). After the recess, Free Agency will commence. Free Agency will be done differently than the regular season. Instead of simming games, I will sim days. We will sim on 3 days per week (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), and 3-5 in game days per sim day. If you have offered a contract to a free agent and he accepts the contract while you are absent from the sim day, I will automatically finalize the deal for you.

5. Drafts will be done by rounds. It is required that you attend the sim days for the draft. If you are absent, I will pick for you, but you may not get the players you wanted. Trades will be done on the spot, and approved by myself. Each person will be given 5 minutes to pick their player for rounds 1-2, and 2 minutes for rounds 3-7.

Just let me know if anyone is slightly interested. The rules aren't final, and are subject to change. For those who are interested, I hope we can discuss the rules a little bit more in depth here. I want to try and create a sim schedule that will work for everyone involved. For those who don't have EHM 2005 and want to get involved, I will provide the proper information.

Anyone interested?

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Are the players there from 05/07?

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 04:16 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
I used to love EHM. Played the original and 05. Never played 07. Takes forever though.

I don't think I have the time to play, but I'd recommend it to others here.

The most annoying part of EHM was if you played long term. I really wasn't a fan of their player "generation" system of just recycling the retired guys. They should either be fully random, or at least slightly mixing up the regens.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
duari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Are the players there from 05/07?
They can be. It depends on whether or not I get the updated rosters (which I probably will). I may even consider doing a random fantasy draft to mix things up.

Also, I will sim the game 2-3 years before we sign up any GM's. The draft is known to be really bad during the first 2-3 seasons. It may also level the playing field since the updated rosters can dilute the simulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I used to love EHM. Played the original and 05. Never played 07. Takes forever though.

I don't think I have the time to play, but I'd recommend it to others here.

The most annoying part of EHM was if you played long term. I really wasn't a fan of their player "generation" system of just recycling the retired guys. They should either be fully random, or at least slightly mixing up the regens.
Yeah it can take a while, but it is quicker than a traditional fantasy season, thats for sure.

I couldn't agree more with the regen system. I know some people have ways to exploit the system and find the regens, but I simply ignore it. I focus on talent, skill, and scout reports when drafting. With proper tactics and training, it is possible to turn horrible regens into decent players. Same goes for the elite regens. I have seen people absolutely destroy a youngin's talent by rushing him. At least there is some sort of variability ya know?

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
cv14

If you want to find more EHM players and leagues, you may want to try General Manager (GM) Games .. here is the main site http://gmgames.org and here is the forum http://forums.gmgames.org

cv14 is offline   Reply With Quote