HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

If Martin St. Louis wins the Rocket Richard this year

Old
01-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Panopticon

vCash: 500
St. Louis won't win the Rocket this year either. I don't think Ovechkin will win it either... someone will probably do the Cheechoo and score a lot of goals in the last half of the season and surpass the midseason favorites.

Although it would be awesome to have Ovechkin win the Rocket and Crosby get the Art Ross in their second seasons...

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Raoul Duke*

St. Louis won't win it.

Allthough I really hope he does. I snapped him up in every pool I'm in in very late rounds because people labelled him one hit wonder.

But Ovechkin will just keep the steady pace and win by a goal or two. I'd expect St. Louis to finish 4th or 5th. Like that guy above me said, someone will light it up in the second half of the season.

Heatley being my guess.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:36 AM
DarkShark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretzky View Post
Art Ross, yes. As far as Hart goes, personally, I think if you look at the season Brodeur is having, he should be the clear cut favourite.
Brodeur's not winning the Hart. Kipprusoff didn't win last year despite clearly being the best goalie, so there's no way Brodeur can win, unless he strings together a bunch of shutouts, and even then its unlikely.

DarkShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:43 AM
DarkShark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
St. Louis won't win the Rocket this year either. I don't think Ovechkin will win it either... someone will probably do the Cheechoo and score a lot of goals in the last half of the season and surpass the midseason favorites.

Although it would be awesome to have Ovechkin win the Rocket and Crosby get the Art Ross in their second seasons...
It might even be Cheechoo

DarkShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
It might even be Cheechoo

No way. He's a one season wonder even more than St Louis.

Old
01-10-2007, 04:12 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretzky View Post
Art Ross, yes. As far as Hart goes, personally, I think if you look at the season Brodeur is having, he should be the clear cut favourite.
Is the Art Ross boring because Crosby is running away with it?
That doesn't make it boring.

And Brodeur is hardly the "clear cut" favourite when you see how many players are deserving (Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Luongo, Brodeur, Kiprusoff, etc...).

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:45 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Is the Art Ross boring because Crosby is running away with it?
That doesn't make it boring.

And Brodeur is hardly the "clear cut" favourite when you see how many players are deserving (Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Luongo, Brodeur, Kiprusoff, etc...).
you state-Is the Art Ross boring because Crosby is running away with it.

have you looked at the stats lately or at all. he's in front by 6 pts. if that's what you call running away with it well.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytor4 View Post

have you looked at the stats lately or at all. he's in front by 6 pts. if that's what you call running away with it well.
The thing is, Crosby has 5 less games than Ovechkin and 7 less that Hossa. I don't know how many he missed due to injury, but I think they're at least two games behind Washington. Of course there's always a chance he'll go pointless in those games...

I'm just enjoying it anyway. Two amazing rookies form last year now battling for the Art Ross (playing in relatively bad teams as well).

Old
01-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Who is disrespecting him? I saw this in the Pens/TB GDT a couple nights ago too and still don't get it. I still am not sure if he is a top ten player because I do not follow TB much at all, but he is 31, and never has broken 100 pts. He went from under 40 pts, to something like 70 to 90, then the strike and fell about a third, to 60 last year so I do not blame some for questioning if he is at the very top, though 60 pts. is nothing to sneeze at. His stats and his play from what little I have seen impress me as being in that tier just below top ten. I just do not see him at a Ovechkin/Crosby/Hossa/Jagr level. I am not sure if that would be taken as a slam on him, but it is not. He certainly is in that top grouping of players just below. Again, is thinking that a slam on him?
He's 4th in scoring, 2nd in goals half way through the season, and plays the most minutes of any forward in the League, but he's not a top 10 player? OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2agingmonk View Post
I think that if anything that Art Ross was most impressive because he was a puny guy playing against big guys during the dead-puck era.
I hadn't thought of that before, but it's an interesting point. He probably gives up a good 4-5 inches in height (5'9"? my ***) and 20 pounds to most other players.

Quote:
But yeah, that year was a bit disappointing. 92-point Art Ross win.. 41 goal Rocket Richard winners (3-way ties suck too)
It was probably one of the lowest scoring Art Ross campaigns in a while, don't have time to check right now. I think I looked once and it was one of very few years without someone breaking 100 points, and Marty beat out the next highest guy by 7 points or something. Some seem to think that takes away from what he did for some reason. Not his fault if other guys didn't try hard enough.

I had forgotten this one, but he also won the Pearson in '04.

01-10-2007, 08:13 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

St Louis will lead the league in scoring.

Just sayin'

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytor4 View Post

He's in front by 6 points, with games in hand.

And he has a PPG average much higher than the others, thanks to his games missed by injuries.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalPunishment View Post
Ovechkin will win it, sorry! :-P

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
TeMoZ

Quote:
Ryan Clowe is only 20 goals off the pace and he scored 5 goals in his last two games. He's clearly the top darkhorse candidate.
Wow, Sharks fans have really HIGH hopes.

TeMoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Brodeur's not winning the Hart. Kipprusoff didn't win last year despite clearly being the best goalie, so there's no way Brodeur can win, unless he strings together a bunch of shutouts, and even then its unlikely.
Yes but Brodeur doesn't have a Joe Thornton to deal with who LITERALLY came out of nowhere to take a team from being a bottom feeder to one of the best in the league. If Thornton was with San Jose the whole season (like Crosby) and we didn't get to see how bad they would be without him, Kipprusoff would have had more of a case.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote