HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapierre on 2nd line....

Old
01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
otto bond

vCash: 500
I just want this center problem solved....Yes , a rookie...He does have size and plus he is a righty...but from what I saw, has not the best hand.
Good luck Lapierre, you will need it. I know he will work hard, and who knows...

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't get it. That line looked terrible and Lapierre couldn't keep up with the play on Tuesday.

01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Every attempt to light the rear-ends of our 2 Russian enigmas is a good one, but I have my doubts about this one's long term viability. Lapierre is a hard worker, but so is Begin and so is Murray, and playing them with Kovalev in the past proved disastrous.

I think this might mean more that Carbo liked the newly formed Higgins - Plekanec - Johnson line and wants to promote Bonk to 2nd when he comes back. Who knows really.

Lapierre will bring energy to a line often searching for a pulse that's for sure.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

IT won't work. Lapierre will get sent down or demoted. Nobody can play with those two guys. They just have to be friggin seperated already. Sammy + Kovy= broken plays

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
LOVE your avatar.
Even though it is completely inaccurate since Cristowall does not give rebounds.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Habitants

I LIKE!

lol

no but for real it makes sense, grabo need to go back and do some more work, he i snot ready yet. lapiere brings an element to that line that might create some energy and opportunities

furthurmore i like higgins on the 3rd with pleks, this gives a good balance and distributed threat.

not too sure about perz on the 4th, and murray back in? well we gonna have to move a body when bonk comes back, and im hopping it will not be lapierre...

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Good luck to Max for sure. He's going to need it with the 2 Russians.

Habsfan 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Slick Nick

Things change fast over here...

Higgins was our 40 goal scorer a week ago, now most posters seem to think he belongs on the third line. Ryder played like crap for a whole month then had one good game and things are settled. Grabo was a hero three days ago, and despite his good performances was sent down because of his defensive game... I guess Ryder and Latendresse are defensively aware. Lapierre is a border line 4th liner on a healthy team, and now for some reason he's going to center the second line, and most agree because he scored a few lucky goals. Per most posters Perezhogin was a great 3rd liner, now he's enjoying 6 minutes of ice time on the 4th.

To me it looks like Michel Therrien style reactive coaching, and I don't like it.

I personnaly highly doubt Lappy is any sort of solution for the second line, even in short term. I don't understand why Grabovski got demoted, specially when we're going to face the weakest team in the east... to make room for who? Garth. hum.

Oh well..

Last edited by Slick Nick: 01-10-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32 View Post
Good luck to Max for sure. He's going to need it with the 2 Russians.
Please stop the "two russians" thing. Last time I checked the stats Kovalev was third in scoring with 2 winning goals despite playing on a line that doesn't work at all.

Samsonov plays like crap, Kovy isin't as good as we want him to be.. but still.

Old
01-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Grabovski plays 3 games, he's 'exciting', so that makes him a shoo-in for the 2nd line role.

Lapierre scores in his first 4 games, outhits all Habs, becomes an instant fan favourite...then makes some mistakes in his last 3 and people think they can assess him as 'not a very smart hockey player'.

You guys make me laugh, that's all I've got to say.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Grabovski plays 3 games, he's 'exciting', so that makes him a shoo-in for the 2nd line role.

Lapierre scores in his first 4 games, outhits all Habs, becomes an instant fan favourite...then makes some mistakes in his last 3 and people think they can assess him as 'not a very smart hockey player'.

You guys make me laugh, that's all I've got to say.
I guess you're the kind of fan that thought Bégin would be a 25 goal scorer because of his season start last year.

Lapierre is a fourth liner, not a second line center. His goals in the 4 first games might be his only goals in the whole year... don't go crazy over it.

Old
01-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I guess you're the kind of fan that thought Bégin would be a 25 goal scorer because of his season start last year.

Lapierre is a fourth liner, not a second line center. His goals in the 4 first games might be his only goals in the whole year... don't go crazy over it.
I don't think Begin is a goal scorer. I do, however, think Lapierre is more capable than people give him credit for and inserting him between two guys that love to get 'cute' with the puck will give them both a shot in the arm.

Old
01-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Kirk Muller

What will happen is what normally happens. If Kovalev and Samsonov decide to come and play, then the line will succeed. If Kovalev and Samsonov play like the other 35 games this year, the line will fail.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Artyukhin*

Its called EVALUATING YOUR ROOKIE TALENT . we all seen Graboski and he looks like with some more weight he could be a pretty exciting player to watch .

Dont get caught up in Lapierre becoming the full time second line center for the rest of the year just because he gets a game on the second line . It is probally more to do with Bonk being out and using Higgins on line 3( who is also good defensivly) and it also adds some more offensive threat on line 3 in Bonks absence.

Mike Johnson is pretty versitle and he can play with anyone . Heck he was a linemate to Nagy in Phx .

Lapierre most likley for 1 game or so depending on how they look .If it looks bad no more than a half a game.

anyrate best of luck to Lapierre i really hope he lights it up

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-11-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Artyukhin*

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...4abd76&k=24392

Goals have been few for Samsonov and Kovalev this season, mostly with Plekanec at centre, but Carbonneau has chosen a bigger, more physical player in Lapierre to try to get them going.

"Maybe he's the guy," said Carbonneau. "He'll go in the corners and get the puck and go to the net. Maybe that's what that line needs now."

It needs something.

Old
01-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Artyukhin*

Kovalev reserved judgment until they've played a game together, but he likes what he's seen of Lapierre.

"He's proven he should be here, but you can't predict anything," he said. "We just hope our line starts clicking and we start scoring some goals.

"He has a lot of speed, he likes to go to the net and score, so that's important."

Old
01-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Dont get caught up in Lapierre becoming the full time second line center for the rest of the year just because he gets a game on the second line . It is probally more to do with Bonk being out and using Higgins on line 3( who is also good defensivly) and it also adds some more offensive threat on line 3 in Bonks absence.
I don't believe anyone's thinking that.

Old
01-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
I don't believe anyone's thinking that.

after i posted that i read over the gazette and seen what Guy was thinking .Maybe Guy is thinking that will soon seee and one thing certian Lappy is going to go hard every night no questions asked . Hopefully it gets contagious on line 2

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...4abd76&k=24392

Goals have been few for Samsonov and Kovalev this season, mostly with Plekanec at centre, but Carbonneau has chosen a bigger, more physical player in Lapierre to try to get them going.

"Maybe he's the guy," said Carbonneau. "He'll go in the corners and get the puck and go to the net. Maybe that's what that line needs now."

It needs something.

Old
01-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Lapierre replacing poor little Pleky on the second-line?

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:04 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
thats true...I agree with that..stats ARE only half the story...but I think Lapierre has showed that he CAN play and PRODUCE in the NHL...dont get me wrong...Grabs has a LOT of potential...and i definitely see him being a future 1st or 2nd line centerman with the big boys...but as someone stated in another post/thread...he still needs a bit of refining...which will obviously come with time

also...correct me if im wrong...but the Habs can't send down Murray or Samsonov even if they wanted to without him having to clear waivers...and we all know that wont happen!
Half the story, like I said

But Grabo is a top 6 player, not Laps, at least not now. Maybe it will work, lets give it a shot.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Am I reading this correctly?

Carbo's comments: I want Lapierre in the corners and get the puck for these guys.

Kovy's comments: I don't want Lapierre in the corners...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:35 AM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
lol...i love these quotes...
from tsn.ca...

''I have a simple game to play - I go in the corner, get the puck and drive the net. I think they'll like it,'' said the six-foot-two 195-pound Lapierre, a second-round draft pick in 2003.

But it is Kovalev who calls the shots on that trio.

''I need him to go to the net, not in the corners,'' Kovalev pronounced. ''I'll play in the corners.

''I wouldn't mind seeing him score more goals than I do, so I'll set up the play.''

i just saw this on RIS, I started laughing.

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
HCH

Good for Lapierre. He has worked hard to get where he is. Unfortunately he has probably has the worst set of hands of any on Montreal's centers.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:05 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
I like the idea. This team has 4 lines. Laps will go to the net create havoc and go in the corners. He has good speed. He may develop into a Clark Gillies MIke McPhee type player withoput the fisticuffs. He is a late bloomer and may deveop more. From what I saw he is a reasonably good passer, a good skater with good balance and good puck protection skills and goes to the net.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:11 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

As much as I like Lapierre in the corners, Kovalev is right. Lapierre needs to crash the net, and hang around in the slot. Kovalev works pretty well in the corners (though Samsonov leaves something to be desired).

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote