HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coots: Sean Couturier

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2013, 04:04 PM
StoneHands

vCash: 50
Sean Couturier is Cannon.

Old
12-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Sean Couturier.

Same number of letters as 'Rocket Richard' and 'Several Selkes'... coincidence? I think not.

Old
12-16-2013, 05:03 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Sean Couturier.

Same number of letters as 'Rocket Richard' and 'Several Selkes'... coincidence? I think not.
And his initials are the same as Stanley Cup! And Conn Smythe in reverse!

Old
12-16-2013, 05:20 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
And his initials are the same as Stanley Cup! And Conn Smythe in reverse!
Same initials as Santa Clause too.

Old
12-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
And Santino Corleone.

12-16-2013, 07:49 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Same initials as Santa Clause too.
same initials as Sidney Crosby as well...

Old
12-16-2013, 08:38 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Sean Couturier reminds me of Johnnie Cochran. He's simply the best defense money can buy.
win.

Old
12-16-2013, 08:41 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
And Santino Corleone.

oh god

Old
12-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post

oh god
He stopped all those bullets almost as well as Couturier stops Malkin

Old
01-05-2014, 09:46 PM
sg12lw

Since his 4 point game:

14GP 2G 2A 4PTS -11

What's the difference? (besides a lot of bad turnovers and poor defensive decisions)

Matt Read has fallen off a cliff (Downie has been awful too for the record)

Read made that line go offensively, not Sean. Not Steve.

One good 9 game stretch and there are threads on the main board...rest of his career, his thread is 5 pages down on our board

Funny how that works out isn't it....

You can talk 'potential' all you want -- this is what Couts is. He will get ****** matchups because he is very good defensively. And while he has the offensive talent, the numbers will not consistently be there for him. He will be our checking line center for a long damn time and that makes me very happy. But he will not be the scorer everyone here thinks he will be.

My prediction: Laughton is the number 2 Center on this team in 3-4 years, Couts continues to be a very solid checking line center, and all your Couturier boners cool off....

First 19 Games, 4 points

Next 9 Games, 10 points

Next 14 Games, 4 points

But he's the Yzerman and Francis type still....right?

Before the attack comes, and I know it will, let me just say I love couts for what he brings to this team. My point now, and all along, is that he's not gonna be the 60-65 point player you all think he will be.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
Since his 4 point game:

14GP 2G 2A 4PTS -11

What's the difference? (besides a lot of bad turnovers and poor defensive decisions)

One good 9 game stretch and there are threads on the main board...rest of his career, his thread is 5 pages down on our board

You can talk 'potential' all you want -- this is what Couts is. He will get ****** matchups because he is very good defensively. And while he has the offensive talent, the numbers will not consistently be there for him. He will be our checking line center for a long damn time and that makes me very happy. But he will not be the scorer everyone here thinks he will be.

My prediction: Laughton is the number 2 Center on this team in 3-4 years, Couts continues to be a very solid checking line center, and all your Couturier boners cool off....

First 19 Games, 4 points

Next 9 Games, 10 points

Next 14 Games, 4 points

Before the attack comes, and I know it will, let me just say I love couts for what he brings to this team. My point now, and all along, is that he's not gonna be the 60-65 point player you all think he will be.
Birth date: December 7, 1992.

Last I checked, consistency isn't a hallmark of 21 year old's games.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Damaged Goods

The slide really got going when Downie got hurt a couple weeks ago and a recuperating Lecavalier was hurried onto that line, out of position and out of role.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:00 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Since his 4 point game:

14GP 2G 2A 4PTS -11

First 19 Games, 4 points

Next 9 Games, 10 points

Next 14 Games, 4 points

You realize Flyers fans were pumping Couturier before he had that nine game stretch, right?

Us Couturier fans have been saying he has 60 point potential because of what we see in his game, not because he went on an isolated hot streak. And now just because he's gone cold doesn't change his potential.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:09 PM
sg12lw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Birth date: December 7, 1992.

Last I checked, consistency isn't a hallmark of 21 year old's games.
True, but producing wasn't a problem for Bergeron (and obviously not for Francis and Yzerman)

My point for all year has been we need to stop comparing him to such great players bc we are setting him up to fail.

He's not that great offensively. And other than a 9 game stretch, he has proved that.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:19 PM
FlyersFan61290

You shouldn't say "you all" when that's not the case. I would say at least half the Flyers fans on this site don't see Couts putting up 60+ points while getting arguably top 5 hardest defensive minutes in the game.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:23 PM
MP92
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
You shouldn't say "you all" when that's not the case. I would say at least half the Flyers fans on this site don't see Couts putting up 60+ points while getting arguably top 5 hardest defensive minutes in the game.
Exactly. As long as he is facing the top lines game in, game out, we should be thrilled if he scores in the high 30's to low 40's.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Broad Street Elite

Both sides need to chill out. SC plays great and everyone rushes to the main boards to make stupid posts about how insanely good he is. Then, he plays like crap for a stretch and the doubters all start bumping threads.

I don't know what we have in SC offensively. I tend to think he can be productive, but the kid literally has no finish at all in his game right now. Him putting up points is dependent on setting up teammates that can score goals. Vinny looks like a shell of the player he was to start the season and the other wing has bounced around between Downie (also recovering from injuries) and Rinaldo (worthless).

It should also be nice when Laughton gets to the NHL. Couturier, Laughton and Hall can all Center PK or shutdown lines. By sharing the duties, it gives Couturier more offensive zone starts.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
True, but producing wasn't a problem for Bergeron (and obviously not for Francis and Yzerman)

My point for all year has been we need to stop comparing him to such great players bc we are setting him up to fail.

He's not that great offensively. And other than a 9 game stretch, he has proved that.
Bergeron wasn't in the defensive role he currently assumes when he first came into the league. His competition wasn't close to Couturier's at the same age.

Just check his point totals as he gets more responsibility. They drop accordingly.

As for your last line, are you really shutting the book on a 21 year old?

Old
01-05-2014, 11:48 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 10000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Boy do I love when people think Laughton will be a better offensive player than Couturier. Here are their numbers leading up to, and in their draft year:

Laughton: 76 points in 127 games (.60PPG)
Couturier: 223 points in 184 games (1.21PPG)

Couturier's offense was over twice as prolific when you compare their similar time in juniors.

Old
01-06-2014, 01:20 AM
BillDineen

Give Couturier time. Laughton is being grossly overrated. I love how prospects are stars before doing anything and if they don't star right from the start fans turn on them quickly.

Old
01-06-2014, 02:58 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Give Couturier time. Laughton is being grossly overrated. I love how prospects are stars before doing anything and if they don't star right from the start fans turn on them quickly.
Seriously, this. Laughton could easily end up being nothing.

Old
01-06-2014, 07:20 AM
flyershockey

Hates Couturier's offensive game. Thinks Laughton will outscore him in the NHL.

Lirl.

Laughton hasn't proven a damn thing to suggest he'll ever be more than a third line center. Couturier is already a number two center when you consider his overall game.

Old
01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
StoneHands

Couts scores more during a cold streak against top line NHL players than Laughton could in the WJC. The dude was a ghost against kids his own age or younger but he's going to be better than Couts? Now I've heard it all.

Old
01-06-2014, 08:23 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:

He is comparable but he is not the exact same as those guys. Therefore he is allowed to have a different development path. He has showed some great great things and is crazy young. Just look at this way. His prime is not for another 5 years....

Old
01-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Psuhockey

Couturier is not and probably won't ever be a fast skater. Because of that his offense will have to come from physical strength, pushing his way off the wall, getting position down low, and bulling his way to the front of the net. He is not yet physically developed enough to do those types of things on a consistent basis.

Closed Thread