HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My jersey record...

Old
01-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Rin

vCash: 500
My jersey record...

Is now 2-0-2. Whenever i put my jersey on, the oilers score a big goal within 3-5mins.

The first time: The 2-0 game against Dallas, the only one the oilers won this season. I put the jersey on a few mins into the game, before i knew it...the oilers scored their first goal then went on to win the game.

The second time: The shootout loss against Dallas on the 4th. I put the jersey on with about 3mins left in the 3rd, Hemsky scores with 2 seconds remaining. Then they go on to lose it in the Shootout.

The third time: The very next night. I put it on with about 7mins left in the 3rd, Sykora scores 4mins later. The oilers go on to lose it in overtime.

The fourth time: Tonight...i put it on with about 2mins left in the third period. 1:14 into the OT period, Jan Hejda gets the game winner.

Does anyone else have one thing that they do, that always help the oilers when they are in need?

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Afterglow

Send a message via MSN to Afterglow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Is now 2-0-2. Whenever i put my jersey on, the oilers score a big goal within 3-5mins.

The first time: The 2-0 game against Dallas, the only one the oilers won this season. I put the jersey on a few mins into the game, before i knew it...the oilers scored their first goal then went on to win the game.

The second time: The shootout loss against Dallas on the 4th. I put the jersey on with about 3mins left in the 3rd, Hemsky scores with 2 seconds remaining. Then they go on to lose it in the Shootout.

The third time: The very next night. I put it on with about 7mins left in the 3rd, Sykora scores 4mins later. The oilers go on to lose it in overtime.

The fourth time: Tonight...i put it on with about 2mins left in the third period. 1:14 into the OT period, Jan Hejda gets the game winner.

Does anyone else have one thing that they do, that always help the oilers when they are in need?
Maybe if you keep it on all game, there won't be any lapse that even lets the opposing team into the game at all! You could be 4-0!

Afterglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:58 AM
oil4life14

Were you wearing it during game 7 of the SCF last spring.

oil4life14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterglow View Post
Maybe if you keep it on all game, there won't be any lapse that even lets the opposing team into the game at all! You could be 4-0!
Well, the first time i wore it all game (minus the first few) and they did win it 2-0. But the other times i put it on, they get just the 1 goal, it goes into OT and they don't get any more goals after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4life94 View Post
Were you wearing it during game 7 of the SCF last spring.

I was watching the game, but i didn't have a jersey at the time. I wish i did.

Old
01-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Bank Shot

Quote:
Sounds like time to staple it to your skin.

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank Shot View Post
Sounds like time to staple it to your skin.
See, i know it usually brings ONE big goal...so i dont want to use up that one goal at the start of the game. What if they get the first goal, then the other team scores and they need another goal...then what? 2 out of the 4 times, the opposing team scored after the oilers got their goal and went on to lose the game (in OT/shootout). Maybe one of these days i'll put it on at the start of the game, and either leave it on all game...or wear it until they score, take it off, then put it back on after the other team scores...

Old
01-09-2007, 08:24 AM
faneuil

Quote:
See, i know it usually brings ONE big goal...so i dont want to use up that one goal at the start of the game. What if they get the first goal, then the other team scores and they need another goal...then what? 2 out of the 4 times, the opposing team scored after the oilers got their goal and went on to lose the game (in OT/shootout). Maybe one of these days i'll put it on at the start of the game, and either leave it on all game...or wear it until they score, take it off, then put it back on after the other team scores...
You read wayyyy too much into it. lol. Like I should talk. I do the same thing.

Anyway, I rarely hear or see an Oilers goal when watching/listening at home. I'll get up to get a drink, or use the bathroom and BAM! they score. But I always have to have a reason for getting up. I can't just leave the room to leave the room.

faneuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by faneuil View Post
You read wayyyy too much into it. lol. Like I should talk. I do the same thing.

Anyway, I rarely hear or see an Oilers goal when watching/listening at home. I'll get up to get a drink, or use the bathroom and BAM! they score. But I always have to have a reason for getting up. I can't just leave the room to leave the room.
See, also with me...i can not have the night off work either. If i'm somewhere other than work during the game, they lose. Whether i'm at home, at an engagement, at someone elses house...if i'm not at work they lose. For example: (I'm taking these from memory)

November 12th: Lost 3-5 against the Blues
November 28th: Lost 2-3(OT) against the Ducks
November 30th: Lost 3-7 against Colorado
December 10th: Lost 1-4 against Chicago
December 23rd: Lost 2-3 against Dallas
December 31st: Lost 2-4 against Calgary

Old
01-09-2007, 07:39 PM
LUPS_15*

I got a FCP jersey around feb and i wore ot on and off during games and they lost every game I wore it except once from the first time i bought it... i never wore it during the playoffs except once game 7 of the finals i thought it might be lucky but we lost worst decision of my life im sorry to all oiler fans

LUPS_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Nic

I have my habits too, but I can't resist playing devil's advocate, for those interested in logic: http://skepdic.com/posthoc.html

Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
I have my habits too, but I can't resist playing devil's advocate, for those interested in logic: http://skepdic.com/posthoc.html
Logic?? Logic doesn't exist in the hockey world, especially in hockey forums!!

Old
01-10-2007, 03:03 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Sure a million of them. TV volume set to 16. Have to be wearing my 3rd jersey. And a couple more embarrassing ones

But hey, whatever to appease the hockey gods and TOPPEP, right? Those Dallas bounces don't happen by accident, you know. That is the collective will of every Oiler fan + all their superstitions. We want it more, and have appeased the hockey gods, so they grant us TOPPEP.

At least, that is my theory of the universe

01-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Sure a million of them. TV volume set to 16. Have to be wearing my 3rd jersey. And a couple more embarrassing ones

But hey, whatever to appease the hockey gods and TOPPEP, right? Those Dallas bounces don't happen by accident, you know. That is the collective will of every Oiler fan + all their superstitions. We want it more, and have appeased the hockey gods, so they grant us TOPPEP.

At least, that is my theory of the universe
I had alot more during the playoffs then i do now. Right now i just can't be anywhere but work on game days, and i have to put my jersey on when the oilers are in desperate need of a goal, and punches...i punch alot during games (ask mowzie, he is usually on the receiving end).

Old
01-10-2007, 08:36 AM
millax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUPS_15 View Post
I got a FCP jersey around feb and i wore ot on and off during games and they lost every game I wore it except once from the first time i bought it... i never wore it during the playoffs except once game 7 of the finals i thought it might be lucky but we lost worst decision of my life im sorry to all oiler fans
It's all your fault. All of it.

millax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:09 PM
edmonton_ice

That's a great thread.

I hope your jersey record goes well for you. Anymore exciting stats ?

edmonton_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonton_ice View Post
I hope your jersey record goes well for you. Anymore exciting stats ?

My GDT record is pretty good, the night before each game i usually get a good feeling about the game or a bad feeling...and based on that i decide whether or not to make the GDT. The last time me and mowzie had like a joint GDT, we both made one, they got merged and the oilers won. Last night we worked on tonights GDT together, and they won.