HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Johnson waived, Divis called up

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 11:44 PM
topshelf331

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Played 1 period tonight, allowed 2 goals. It was obvious Johnson wasn't "right" very early in the game. His play wasn't that good, but just about everyone I talked to agreed he was either sick or hurt.

The 1st goal was a deflection that nay-sayers will say he should have had, although it would have been a pretty difficult save. The second goal the defense gave up on a rebound and he had no chance.

Granato was quoted by someone as saying, "(Johnson's) performance wasn't up to his skill level". That's a cheap shot considering he's the one that also confirmed Johnson was injured and is "day-to-day".
As i watched johnson through camp and the season, I came up with a conclusion. Johnson must have bad eyesight. Because he is positionally amazing during drills and practices. Come gametime, its like he cant see the puck.

Old
01-24-2004, 06:44 AM

Was the same last night, looked great in warm-ups (unlike his first game here when he was the back-up and really just stood there) but was terrible in the game. The goals weren't the issue though, it was the saves he did make...he was out of position for most of them.

But as I said, I'm wondering how much that had to do with being hurt...

Old
01-24-2004, 08:19 AM

A related note:

No announcement that I've found, but I think the Cats have recalled Cody from Reading...

Old
01-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Played 1 period tonight, allowed 2 goals. It was obvious Johnson wasn't "right" very early in the game. His play wasn't that good, but just about everyone I talked to agreed he was either sick or hurt.

The 1st goal was a deflection that nay-sayers will say he should have had, although it would have been a pretty difficult save. The second goal the defense gave up on a rebound and he had no chance.

Granato was quoted by someone as saying, "(Johnson's) performance wasn't up to his skill level". That's a cheap shot considering he's the one that also confirmed Johnson was injured and is "day-to-day".
I was trying to figure out Granato's quote - only thing I could come up with is a presumption. I'm wondering if Granato doesn't believe he's hurt?
The first goal looked a lot worse than it was. He was screened bad, but the puck just kinda floated in and by him. The 2nd goal I really didn't see, but it looked like he made the initial save and the defenseman gave up on it.
But only everything that didn't go in, he looked totaly out of place. Somebody mentioned the reminded them of the SpongeBob song "drop to the deck and flop like fish", because he was doing a lot of that when he got out of position. He was trying to catch things that were over his head, or wide to the net..He was very mobile though - going into the corners and behind the net... When the 2nd period started, he wasn't even on the bench for a few minutes. So we knew something was wrong. Once he sat on the bench - he looked either sick or in pain. Neck injury does make sense though, because he had that look like "I don't wanna move my head 'cause it will hurt"..

Old
01-24-2004, 04:41 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210

I wouldnt call that a cheap shot by Granato. Johnson needs harsh critisism of his play when he plays bad, if anything the Blues organisation has coddled him too much he needs to grow up. Plain and simple. Unless it was a bad injury where he shouldnt even have played. I am not buying that. Hockey players play hurt all the time, there is a difference between hurt and injured?

Old
01-24-2004, 04:52 PM
DrHockeyMD

Injuries to goalies are much different than injuries to players. Regardless, I'm still glad he's playing like crap down there. Serves him right for his arrogent comments.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I wouldnt call that a cheap shot by Granato. Johnson needs harsh critisism of his play when he plays bad, if anything the Blues organisation has coddled him too much he needs to grow up. Plain and simple. Unless it was a bad injury where he shouldnt even have played. I am not buying that. Hockey players play hurt all the time, there is a difference between hurt and injured?
Johnson probably shouldn't have continued playing after the second goal (which is where he got hurt) but I'm thinking because of all the crap he's been getting from the media and fans he tried to play thru it.

There is no doubt in my mind that he was too injured to play.

For the protions of the 2nd and 3rd period that he was sitting on the bench he didn't move his neck at all that I noticed...to look from side to side he was pivoting his shoulders.

Old
01-24-2004, 11:15 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Johnson probably shouldn't have continued playing after the second goal (which is where he got hurt) but I'm thinking because of all the crap he's been getting from the media and fans he tried to play thru it.

There is no doubt in my mind that he was too injured to play.

For the protions of the 2nd and 3rd period that he was sitting on the bench he didn't move his neck at all that I noticed...to look from side to side he was pivoting his shoulders.
If he really is injured that is fine, you saw the game i will take your word for it.

How are Scheffelmaier and Yablonski doing?

Old
01-25-2004, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
If he really is injured that is fine, you saw the game i will take your word for it.

How are Scheffelmaier and Yablonski doing?
Yabo has an injured shoulder...I think he's in Peoria right now getting ready to start rehab.

Scheff is starting to get back into the swing of things...totally beat the crap out of Brendan Walsh last night.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:40 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Yabo has an injured shoulder...I think he's in Peoria right now getting ready to start rehab.

Scheff is starting to get back into the swing of things...totally beat the crap out of Brendan Walsh last night.
Thanks 210, Has Scheff's game on D outside of scrapping been adequate?

Old
01-25-2004, 01:52 PM

"Adequate" is a good word for his play so far. He's just about where he was when last season ended. Once he gets everything going in the right direction again he should be fine.

Old
01-25-2004, 10:27 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
"Adequate" is a good word for his play so far. He's just about where he was when last season ended. Once he gets everything going in the right direction again he should be fine.
Thanks 210.

Closed Thread