HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapierre on 2nd line....

Old
01-11-2007, 09:15 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
As much as I like Lapierre in the corners, Kovalev is right. Lapierre needs to crash the net, and hang around in the slot. Kovalev works pretty well in the corners (though Samsonov leaves something to be desired).
It will be great to see a good skating net crasher. Maybe he will pot some garbage goals. His hands didnt seem that bad.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:43 AM
granites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
Grabovski - 0G 0A 0P
Lapierre - 3G 1A 4P

how is that ridiculous?

sure...Grabs has great moves and is very quick...but he was unproductive for us the short time he was here...

Lapierre DID make the most of his oppurtunity...even if he was on the 4th line for most of the games he played...I think he is very deserving of this promotion!
Lapierre is a workhorse. He's the type of guy that will give you 110% every shift. He has changed his game a little..in junior he was a goal scorer and has made the adjustment (like so many do) to play the role that is needed. I think putting him on the 2nd line is a good reward for him. Kovalev needs sme one with him to do the dirtywork.

granites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...4abd76&k=24392

Goals have been few for Samsonov and Kovalev this season, mostly with Plekanec at centre, but Carbonneau has chosen a bigger, more physical player in Lapierre to try to get them going.

"Maybe he's the guy," said Carbonneau. "He'll go in the corners and get the puck and go to the net. Maybe that's what that line needs now."
And then two seconds later kovy says, "I don't need him to go in the corners. I need him to go to the front of the net. I'll go in the corners and get him the puck."

They were just talking about it on the Team 990.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:44 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
And then two seconds later kovy says, "I don't need him to go in the corners. I need him to go to the front of the net. I'll go in the corners and get him the puck."

They were just talking about it on the Team 990.
PJ Stock put it best when he said that shows how frustrated Kovalev is with the lack of a good centre on his line. "I'll set the play up," he says, because he knows that with grinders at C, it falls on him to be the playmaker.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

No need to worry about the corners - Kovalev is the Man on that line and Lapierre will do what he's asked. If that doesn't work for 2 periods, Carbo will put the hammer down and tell Lapierre to go into the corners himself.

This is NOT reactive coaching as one poster suggested. Carbo just waits to mess with lines and/or callups and only does it when there's injuries. He rarely moves guys due to poor play.

Not sure if Max can keep up, but he's clearly an NHL hockey player, and Grabovski is clearly not ripe tomatoes yet.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Habs14

sucks to see gab sent back down, he really seemed like he actually belonged on that team.

Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote