HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Roberto Luongo is a very good goaltender...

Old
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

vCash: 500
Luongo was letting in some softies at the beginning of the season and now that he's playing better and getting some offensive help the Canucks are rolling along now. Everyone bashing Luongo seems to be focusing on that November stretch when Luongo wasnt playing very well. Since then he has played like an allstar. Kipper had a pretty mediocre October but he seems to be getting a free pass on that month. Hasek has IMO been the best goalie in the West but Luongo is easily the #2 or #3.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
FloydTheBarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon44 View Post
I like that stat
Just got better again.

Brodeur just lost in regulation again, so now Brodeur and Luongo have the same amount of losses, in the same amount of games.

Yes people, the column that says OT is still a loss.

FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:07 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

The column that says SO loss isnt.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
The column that says SO loss isnt.
Welcome to MY NHL... Gary Bettman's NHL, because I know what the aerage NHL fan wants... Lots of PP's and no flow, 2 points per game unless there is OT, then 3 points, and every market only gets to see the players in their confrence, I mean why would I want the West to see Malkin and Crosby?!?!

My NHL... Gary's NHL!!

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Russian_fanatic

Luongo bashing gets stupid. He carries us each and every night. He is a top 5 goalie in the league, and no stat will prove how much he does for us each night.

Russian_fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:34 PM
God Bless Canada

I think the thread starter said he has mediocre stats, but there's a world of difference between mediocre stats and mediocre performance.

The guy has 24 wins playing behind a pop gun offence. I'm not concerned about his GAA and his save percentage. Generally, when the Canucks have needed that big save in the last five minutes of a game, he's given it to them. And that's the most important thing of all with a goalie: how does he play when the game is on the line. I don't care if he gives up one goal or five goals. I care about whether Vancouver wins. And as of right now, I believe he's second in the league in wins, and the Canucks haven't won a game without him.

The Canucks are 6-0 in OT and 3-1 in the shootout. There's no way they have those two records without Luongo.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote