HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OGDT: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers 7:00 pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Osminator

vCash: 500
Pck scratched... un-effing-believable!!!

I wish Pck all the best after this season... If I were him, I'd pack all my s... (clothes, etc...) before the very last Rangers game this season... play, shower, change and get the hell out of New York and far away from Renney and Sather!!!

I'm sure if the Rangers had Ovechkin, Malkin, Phaneuf and/or Crosby, they'd be lucky to be in the AHL with Hartford... imagine:

"The New York Rangers have reassigned Center Sydney Crosby, Wing Alexander Ovechkin to the Hartford Wolfpack (AHL) and Defenseman Dion Phaneuf to the Charlotte Checkers (ECHL). Tom Renney commented "Alex and Sydney can not yet compete with Marcel Hossa or Adam Hall... and with Malik and Roszival so very solid and a glut of defensemen in Hartford, I think he will best develop in Charlotte"."

Ok, this is a GDT... so I'll stop *****ing about Renney's brainfarts and just hope the boys will win tonight and Malik goes -4 or -5!

GO RANGERS (minus Malik)!!!!!!!!

Old
01-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Weekes will start off making a couple solid saves followed by some WEEEEKKKEEES chants. Later on in the game it will be knotted up 2-2 and he will let in a lousy goal resulting the drastic momentum shift towards Ottawa leading them to pounce all over us, thanks Kevin, thank you.

and oh yeah LETS GO RANGERS!

Old
01-11-2007, 02:40 PM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy G Biv View Post
No Volchenkov tonight.

This is huge for you guys. Anton has been our best defenceman this year, and would have had the task of shutting down Jagr. That will now be delegated to Chris Phillips.
"Antoine Vermette will be in the lineup tonight after missing the last five games with a hip injury. Mike Comrie is also set to go. He was questionable over the last couple of days with an upper body injury. Anton Volchenkov did not skate and is a game time decision. Christoph Schubert took Volchenkov's spot on the blueline at the morning skate. - TSN"

Nobody get their hopes up yet....

Old
01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Osminator

id honestly prefer to see the best possible ottawa lineup vs. the best possible rangers lineup to see who is better, who has more heart, grit and fight...

Old
01-11-2007, 03:05 PM
TrampsLikeUs

Send a message via AIM to TrampsLikeUs
The Rangers got absolutely embarassed the other night. Let's hope that the lesson stuck.

Rangers 4, Senators 2
Goals: Straka, Betts, Cullen, Tyutin

Old
01-11-2007, 03:16 PM
McDonagh27

[QUOTE=Osminator;7632165]Pck scratched... un-effing-believable!!!

I wish Pck all the best after this season... If I were him, I'd pack all my s... (clothes, etc...) before the very last Rangers game this season... play, shower, change and get the hell out of New York and far away from Renney and Sather!!!

I'm sure if the Rangers had Ovechkin, Malkin, Phaneuf and/or Crosby, they'd be lucky to be in the AHL with Hartford... imagine:

"The New York Rangers have reassigned Center Sydney Crosby, Wing Alexander Ovechkin to the Hartford Wolfpack (AHL) and Defenseman Dion Phaneuf to the Charlotte Checkers (ECHL). Tom Renney commented "Alex and Sydney can not yet compete with Marcel Hossa or Adam Hall... and with Malik and Roszival so very solid and a glut of defensemen in Hartford, I think he will best develop in Charlotte"."
QUOTE]

Woah woah... We're not talking about a franchise (future or present) player here, we're talking about Pck... Renney doesn't know how to handle the kids, though.

Old
01-11-2007, 03:24 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
This is a must win game and a great opportunity for Weekes to step in and help his team avoid another losing streak. No Volchenkov for the Sens but now they have added Comrie. Is Orr going to play because of Neil?

Old
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
This is a must win game and a great opportunity for Weekes to step in and help his team avoid another losing streak. No Volchenkov for the Sens but now they have added Comrie. Is Orr going to play because of Neil?
I think Orr is still serving the suspension, correct me if i'm wrong but I think this is the last game.

Old
01-11-2007, 03:49 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Seasons ups and downs

Id figure i'd throw together this little line chart to really see how much of a roller-coaster ride the Rangers have been on. Talk about ups and downs.

I counted OTL's as losses - they might as well be because if it were the playoffs they would count as losses.

Just goes to show you the wild inconsistency this team displays and how big this game is tonight to try and restore somewhat of a more balanced season.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:00 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post

Ok, this is a GDT... so I'll stop *****ing about Renney's brainfarts and just hope the boys will win tonight and Malik goes -4 or -5!

GO RANGERS (minus Malik)!!!!!!!!
Yet another example of Renney saying one thing and doing another. He talks real tough after the Islander game and then goes back to his normal self by not throwing malik into the press box after his horrific performance last game. Same old nonsense.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:02 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Id figure i'd throw together this little line chart to really see how much of a roller-coaster ride the Rangers have been on. Talk about ups and downs.

I counted OTL's as losses - they might as well be because if it were the playoffs they would count as losses.

Just goes to show you the wild inconsistency this team displays and how big this game is tonight to try and restore somewhat of a more balanced season.
Nice Chart, looks like my mutual fund trend the last few years.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Pock being sratched

Weekes going in
I guess Malik is paying part of Renney's paycheck as well since he cant do no wrong If this was any other coach, Malik would have been scratched. I wish some reporter would have the balls to ask why wont u scratch Malik since he is always out of position and too slow.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

[QUOTE=jagrstrakanylander;7632726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post

QUOTE]

Woah woah... We're not talking about a franchise (future or present) player here, we're talking about Pck... Renney doesn't know how to handle the kids, though.

If Renney has any kids, I doubt he knows how to handle them. I wish we can hear what the players are thinking when they get treated like crap by the Rangers coaches. Avs have 2 rookies, Wolski and Sastany. They were on the 4th line but worked their way up and now they get ice time with Sakic, Hedjuk. With the Rangers they have 2 rookies, they play them on the 4th line, and they scored a goal, but they crashed the net to score it, renney wanted a finesse goal so they get sent to Hartford. Yep hockey is still different here.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Nice Chart, looks like my mutual fund trend the last few years.
Who's your financial planner? Tom Renney?

Old
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:

WOW, I think six flags may have just found plans for a new ride.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:33 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
If anyone's interested in going tonight.. just posted this in the sales thread

Hey guys, I have one ticket available for tonight's game..

$25 Section 415, Row A.. 1 or 3

I can email the ticket.. just hit me up with a PM, I'll check back around 2-3
ANYONE want the ticket tonight?

20 bucks, let me know before 5:30 otherwise I can't email and won't be able to deliver

Old
01-11-2007, 04:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
WOW, I think six flags may have just found plans for a new ride.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:35 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

13-2 Sens...the losing streak continues again...

Old
01-11-2007, 04:36 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Chris Neil and Schulburt. If at home we dont play physical, there is a big problem with this teams heart. I predict 6-2 Sens. Goals for Rangers by Jagr and Cullen.
this team has needed a physical presence for 2 years and still nothin! pisses me off getting pushed around by these teams to no end!!!

Old
01-11-2007, 04:36 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
13-2 Sens...the losing streak continues again...
yeah Weeke's is not one to stop a losing streak, I can see them getting blown out

and if they do, Renney needs to get fired, we need to make changes.. kinda hope it happens because it's very apparent we're going no where with this current set up.. with that having been said and considering who's still in charge, I should really bite my tongue

Old
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
Weekes will start off making a couple solid saves followed by some WEEEEKKKEEES chants. Later on in the game it will be knotted up 2-2 and he will let in a lousy goal resulting the drastic momentum shift towards Ottawa leading them to pounce all over us, thanks Kevin, thank you.

and oh yeah LETS GO RANGERS!
why cant Blackburn still be around??? Imagine Lundqvist and Blackburn, wow alot cheaper too. I can see 5-0 after the first period, final score 6-2. I hope Weekes gets pulled or hurt,

Old
01-11-2007, 04:40 PM
In The Flesh

Why the hell is Malik in, he is complete horse ****, What is it going to takefor this guy to be in the press box, besides being injured.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:41 PM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
Yeah, that stuff NEVER happens when Henke's in net.

Old
01-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Quote:

The chart is great maybe renney should see this. When is rosival gonna sit for bad play?

Old
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Who's your financial planner? Tom Renney?
If Renney was my planner you would have seen a slow steady decline in my Mutual Fund since the Olympics.

Closed Thread