HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yikes!!! - Perezhogin a Healthy Scratch tonight.

Old
01-11-2007, 02:32 PM
big_habs_fan

vCash: 500
Yikes!!! - Perezhogin a Healthy Scratch tonight.

Wow - I did not see that coming - I thought he had been playing fine lately - maybe a little bit of a slump - but worth a scratch.

Thoughts.

http://habsinsideout.com/

big_habs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:33 PM
The n00b King ©*

you know, the more it goes on the more im starting to question Perez's work ethic.

there's DEF something going on in the locker room or whatever that we're not hearing about.

there's just gotta be.

im pretty sure he's going back to Russia at the end of this season.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Perhaps just a rest for a young guy scenario... Busy schedule... Two very physical teams coming up where the previous games were chippy... I expect to see Downey in the line-up Saturday... McGrattan's going to be looking for Komi after he cut him up... Just a case of prefered style of the coach against the opposing team. Perezhogin earns his time.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
ti-vite

maybe another GM does not want to see him get hurt...if hes part of a pending deal...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Tuggy

The guy hasn't done anything really for the last two weeks. His play has slowly gotten worse. Still kind of surprised to see him a healthy scratch but I don't think it affects the team all that much. He doesn't play any special teams so...

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I think he's banged up. He got crunched into the boards against TB and seemed to have shoulder pain, and he's been wearing the full cage because of some facial injury. That and he hasn't been all that effective recently anyway. Seems like a good time to rest him.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I think he's banged up. He got crunched into the boards against TB and seemed to have shoulder pain, and he's been wearing the full cage because of some facial injury. That and he hasn't been all that effective recently anyway. Seems like a good time to rest him.
Wasn't the talk, shoulder and facial injury ? Probably helped out and played when he shouldn't have Tuesday.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:

i think your right Dave.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Subban Fan

Aaron Downey-Garth Murray-Mark Streit...

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Probably the most likely reason.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1 View Post

expect line 1, 2 and 3 to see alot of ice.

line 4 and there 3 to 6 min will do a fine job.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
I agree, especially since Higgins with filling in on line 3. Since there's no place for him in the top 9, it's a good time for him to rest up.

I'm personally looking forward to Bonk's return. The team has looked less stable defensively without him.

Last edited by Guy Caballero: 01-11-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
expect line 1, 2 and 3 to see alot of ice.

line 4 and there 3 to 6 min will do a fine job.
I agree, and with Eager and Fedoruk in Philly's lineup, I don't think it's a bad idea to have a little extra sandpaper in the lineup.

And hopefully this lets Perez fully recover, which what my feeling is behind this decision. I doubt there's anything going on other than letting the guy recover from the bumps he's taken in the past few weeks.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:56 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

About time !

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post

im pretty sure he's going back to Russia at the end of this season.
Wouldn't suprise me at all.

He's already been molded into the robotic defensive forward which he isn't. The guy looks totally confused when he has the puck in the offensive zone now. He should be an offensive player making rushes with the puck and taking chances. He'll never reach half of his potential in Montreal and probably never in the NHL period. He just doens't look comfortable in North America after the stick incident. If anyone could find some tapes of Perezhogin the second half of his rookie year in Hamilton. He was an offensive dynamo. Probably at or above the same level Grabovski is now, with Perez even being a little younger.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

without a doubt... some very bad missed assignments on the back check over the last few games ... the goal everyone blamed on #6 against the Rangers (Cullen )was the backcheckers fault... Bonk may have been in that game but man...

seemed coach Carboneau had them whipped in to shape last game... evan Kovalev looked sharp on the backceck

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1 View Post
Your emoticon remind me a certain Bruins game...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
Wouldn't suprise me at all.

He's already been molded into the robotic defensive forward which he isn't. The guy looks totally confused when he has the puck in the offensive zone now. He should be an offensive player making rushes with the puck and taking chances. He'll never reach half of his potential in Montreal and probably never in the NHL period. He just doens't look comfortable in North America after the stick incident. If anyone could find some tapes of Perezhogin the second half of his rookie year in Hamilton. He was an offensive dynamo. Probably at or above the same level Grabovski is now, with Perez even being a little younger.
He's only 23. There's still time for his numbers to come around. I like that Carbo's molded him into a responsible two-way player. Whether he makes the jump from workhorse utlity forward to offensive star is up to him. Higgins made the leap, but that could have just as easily been Perezhogin if he had the numbers. But he didn't, and that's not the coaching staff's fault at all. Despite his physical gifts, he doesn't play the game mentally at the same level higgins, or even plekanec, does.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:15 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Perezhogin has a lot of potential but hasn't translated it into on-ice results yet. Maybe he was developped too quickly? I think if he sticks around in the NHL he'll be a late bloomer like Afinogenov was (not saying he'll put up Afinogenov-like numbers though). Anyway I don't think scratching him was out of line at all - like I've said recently, what has he done lately to merit his ice time?

Thank god we're not trying that fourth line against a team like the Sabres though...we would get torched.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Maxpac

WHAT HE H*LL IS GOIN ON! ya that's great, send a great center prospect who's actually creating some chances to the minors and let another watch the game from the pressbox. Throw away our future, and for what! a useless grinder who coudn't catch a pass even if his life depended on it and a goon who will probably get his *** kicked again

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:21 PM
GamGam

Samsonov is more worthy or just as worthy to be scratched

GamGam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:22 PM
HomaridII

Smells of a trade to me.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
WHAT HE H*LL IS GOIN ON! ya that's great, send a great center prospect who's actually creating some chances to the minors and let another watch the game from the pressbox. Throw away our future, and for what! a useless grinder who coudn't catch a pass even if his life depended on it and a goon who will probably get his *** kicked again
Yes we've "thrown away our future" by scratching a non-producing 3rd liner for one game and sending down a prospect who clearly isn't fully prepared to play in the NHL.

Sometimes this board just baffles me.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
This is either to rest him or there's something going on like a trade that he might be part of.

Habsfan 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Smells of a trade to me.
Nope. Smell of a scenario that smells like a trade but actually isn't. Wouldn't be the first time that we read more than there's actually something to read. We've been had before....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote