HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Would you take Forsberg?

Old
01-11-2007, 03:15 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Forsberg?

Anyday

This is the only way that us HABS can hope of getting him...Philly not doing well, Forsberg's value decreasing (not 'cause of his play BUT 'cause of injury after injury...), this is why Philly may perhaps unload (injury prone) Forsberg.

FORSBERG as a Hab:
Huuuuuge risk (only 'cause of his oh-so many injuries!).
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge payoff!! (if he remains healthy Forsberg can still dominate like the viking that he is!!).

I'd try to get him as long as Philly would not be asking for way too much...we have to remember...Forsberg will be a Hab for only (approx.) 25 games + playoffs. That could be enough to go very, very far in playoffs!! And the depth (prospects) this year is not the best so we can lose a first rounder (I'd rather not, but...).

Only worry (besides injuries):
Will Koivu (Finland) be ok with Forsberg (Sweden) on the team?!!?!!, knowing that they have a long history of rivalry between their countries!!
Forsberg and Kouivu are professionals I dont think it will bother them besides Hatcher was Foppa's biggest enemy for years and their teammates now. The idea of Foppa in Montreal though

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:20 AM
fourofakindfowl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Forsberg?

Anyday

This is the only way that us HABS can hope of getting him...Philly not doing well, Forsberg's value decreasing (not 'cause of his play BUT 'cause of injury after injury...), this is why Philly may perhaps unload (injury prone) Forsberg.

FORSBERG as a Hab:
Huuuuuge risk (only 'cause of his oh-so many injuries!).
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge payoff!! (if he remains healthy Forsberg can still dominate like the viking that he is!!).

I'd try to get him as long as Philly would not be asking for way too much...we have to remember...Forsberg will be a Hab for only (approx.) 25 games + playoffs. That could be enough to go very, very far in playoffs!! And the depth (prospects) this year is not the best so we can lose a first rounder (I'd rather not, but...).

Only worry (besides injuries):
Will Koivu (Finland) be ok with Forsberg (Sweden) on the team?!!?!!, knowing that they have a long history of rivalry between their countries!!
It didnt seem to be a problem for the Leafs when Sundin (Sweden) and Aki Berg (Finland) combined to form a great franchise defenseman/forward combo!

fourofakindfowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Crosby87.*

Players arn't like that, I'm sure it wouldn't matter.

Crosby87.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Forsberg and Kouivu are professionals I dont think it will bother them besides Hatcher was Foppa's biggest enemy for years and their teammates now. The idea of Foppa in Montreal though
Besides that Swedes and Finns play together on many other teams so that wont be a problem.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:20 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Any GM would be a fool to pass up the chance. Picks are all well and good, the future is all well and good. But the Stanley Cup is the promised land you may never reach. Forsberg absolutly brings any team closer to the Cup. Any team that conciders themself a contender should persue him. Lets face it, someone will and any team adding Forsberg becomes better. Do you want better opponents in the playoffs? No. You want the cup.

Does Carolina regret giving up Berglund for a couple months of Doug Weight? No. Do the Rangers regret giving up a young Amonte for Matteau and Noonan? No. Do the Lightning regret giving up Pitkanen for Fedotenko? No. Winners don't have regrets. And Forsberg will increase any teams chance of being a winner.
Unfortunately, it isn't that straight forward. I love Forsberg, and he would be an asset on the Sens, but, I don't think he'll be playing by the time the playoffs roll around. As a team that doesn't have any cap room, a deal becomes improbable, likely leaving holes elsewhere on our roster to make room for him. If he doesn't end up playing in the playoffs, you're now much worse than you would have been.

I'm all for prioritizing cup chances above the draft picks and prospects, but, Forsberg's health makes him a huge gamble, and I could see a lot of GMs shy away, as, they don't want to bet their cup chances on Forsberg's health at this point.

discostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
MLSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourofakindfowl View Post
It didnt seem to be a problem for the Leafs when Sundin (Sweden) and Aki Berg (Finland) combined to form a great franchise defenseman/forward combo!
Wrong sir...

The Great Finland/Sweden Franchise Connection was:

Aki Berg and Jonas Hoglund

MLSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:11 AM
TheKingPin

Forsberg isnt getting hurt all the time. He keeps hurting the same stuff. That is bad because it wont go away on its own but it is good in that it something that if fixed he will be good to great again. He ha the boot he likes and now a insert he likes. I see no reason why he cant be good again. If that happens a bidding war will go and if he teams mentioned here are like thier fans they will just have to watch as another team gets him and then destroys thier team. By that time any tam can afford him. Im thinking the Ducks get him especailly if thier struggling continues.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:17 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Does Carolina regret giving up Berglund for a couple months of Doug Weight? No. Do the Rangers regret giving up a young Amonte for Matteau and Noonan? No. Do the Lightning regret giving up Pitkanen for Fedotenko? No. Winners don't have regrets. And Forsberg will increase any teams chance of being a winner.
What about the other 15 teams every year?
Does Philly regret giving up Ouellette, 1 st, 2nd and 3rd so that Oates could help win 1 measly playoff game for them?
Does Vancouver regret trading a 2nd, another 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, Mosjis and Skinner for UFA's who helped them miss the playoffs?
Does John Muckler regret spending $0.25 on the phone call to check the availability of Tyler Arnason? ... Even if we hadn't given up anything, which we did, I would rather have $0.25 than Tyler Arnason.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby87. View Post
No, plain and simple.
For a plain and simple answer, you sure can't stop talking about the matter...

Anyways, #21 is back in the lineup tonight.

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Kaktus*

health problem, health problem, health problem...

If Forsberg did not have "health problems" why would the Flyers think about trading him.

Cheap at the trade dead line? Is this a joke? Every teams overpays. So get over it.

The only team that doesn't overpay is the winner.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-11-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:25 AM
The True Blue Crew

absolutely
put him on the 1st line with Sundin...

always respected him, too bad he went to the Flyers

The True Blue Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Foy

I wouldn't take him on my team for free.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:30 PM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I wouldn't take him on my team for free.
...? How can he possibly do any damage to your team? You are obviously retarded.

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
...? How can he possibly do any damage to your team? You are obviously retarded.
Don't feed the trolls.

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
personally i wouldnt want him on the habs, but if i came i wouldnt be pissed off, i would just hope they didnt pay an arm and a leg for him...

MassiveHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
If I were the Rangers GM I'd seriously consider acquiring him. Even with the possible injury always looming overhead, he's such an impact player when he's on the ice that it would be foolish not to at least give a call to the Flyers to see what they'd want in return.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote