HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Philadelphia VS Columbus VS St. Louis

Old
01-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Mellifleur

vCash: 500
Philadelphia VS Columbus VS St. Louis

who is better... who is the worst...

discuss...

Mellifleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Dawit49

Right now this are the ranks.

1 St. Louis

2 Columbus
3 Philadelphia

Dawit49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
The Viking Fury

Whats up with Columbus, every year I think "This could be their year to do something"

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The Flyers are 11 points behind anyone in the league.

They're the worst.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Mellifleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
Whats up with Columbus, every year I think "This could be their year to do something"
You know I do that too...

I mean they have Nash, Zherdev, Vyborny, Federov, Carter, Modin.
Also add in Fritsche, an improving Svitov (from what I have heard he is anyhow), Brule, and Picard and you have a nice set of forwards that combine a few capable veterans and rising young talent.

On the blue line Hainsey (kinda wondered about Montreal waiving him last year), Klesla (is he living up to his billing yet?), Westcott (who I heard is quietly decent), Johnson, Foote. How is Tollefson doing, I see he is one of the few players on the team on the plus side...

And they have Leclaire in nets... I would expect them to be pretty good soon with all that potential laying about...

Old
01-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Mellifleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The Flyers are 11 points behind anyone in the league.

They're the worst.
Yeah you have a point but points are not everything...
though I do wonder what direction is Philly taking, I mean they traded FOR Zhitnik and York... I figured they would trade for some more picks and maybe work on rebuilding... or do they think they have enough young talent in the pipeline already ?

By the way nice avatar, who is that ? aside from a christmas elf, somebody from a movie or something ?

Old
01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOni View Post

Also add in Fritsche, an improving Svitov (from what I have heard he is anyhow), Brule, and Picard and you have a nice set of forwards that combine a few capable veterans and rising young talent.

On the blue line Hainsey (kinda wondered about Montreal waiving him last year), Klesla (is he living up to his billing yet?), Westcott (who I heard is quietly decent), Johnson, Foote. How is Tollefson doing, I see he is one of the few players on the team on the plus side...

And they have Leclaire in nets... I would expect them to be pretty good soon with all that potential laying about...
Yep..so did we...one thing I can tell you is that it ain't easy being a Jackets fan.

Assuming Atlanta makes the playoffs this year we will be the only team in the NHL which has failed to achieve that milestone.

One of these years though things are finally gonna click with this roster ala Buffalo last year and this team will finally turn that corner from pretender to contender. Not sure if MacLean will be around to enjoy it.

As far at the topic - St. Louis is playing the best hockey right now of the three. I would rank them from worst to best:

1. Phillly
2. Cbus
3. St. Louis

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOni View Post

Try watch Nash for one game and you'll see why he's probably the biggest floater out there. Possibly the most overrated player in the game too.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Try watch Nash for one game and you'll see why he's probably the biggest floater out there. Possibly the most overrated player in the game too.
Have you watched him under Hitch? He's a much different player, taking a 2-way focused role, working on the pk with guys like Fedorov as good instructors. He's doing a great job at it as well imo.

As for which team is playing the best right now, I'll go with TS's statement

Nashty is offline   Reply With Quote