HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Canada vs Soviet Union

Old
01-11-2007, 09:19 AM
espo*

vCash: 500
Theres lot's of good teams but i still don't care about silver medals and the day we do is the day we're sunk.

and we're not going to have to because we're going to win golds,lot's of them.

I'm just sick of all the whining about refs and rinks and God knows what else.I've never heard a Canadian fan yet sook about Torino,we knew other teams played better then us and took it like it's supposed to be taken.............on our shoulders.

and we'll take it back that way too.The refs and conspiracies................pfhhh.

childs stuff. So sick of it.

espo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Chief Jokinen

Well, the ref issue aint a conspiracy. Its a fact. There were CANADIAN linesmen in game Canada versus Finland it the olympics in Turin. Im not whining about the result and refs at this point. Im only asking, how is this possible?

And i have very much respect for canadian hockey. I really like canadian style of play and their players, but i dont like the mentality of "meaning sanctifies the things you do" (Ie. Breaking Harlamovs leg and Niedermayers tackle on the Czech(?) goalie in one WHC.

Thats all.

Chief Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 11:47 AM
espo*

What's the difference where the ref was from? you won the game handily. It was a linesman at that,you can't trust a Canadian ref to call an offside? He does'nt know what an offside is?

it just amazes me how people can buy constantly into such crackpot ideas in modern hockey played today,educated people at that.

Refs on the take(even when they win), scheduling conspiracies, better steak diets.

Good heavens.No wonder it makes a guy lose it. what makes it worse is when someone not even connected to the two teams in question comes blazing in like some superhero flat out accusing you of doing the very thing you personally can't stand and don't engage in.

30 years ago or so some of this conspiracy stuff was even valid on both sides due to the political climate in the world. Today? give me a break.

It's too bad the refs did'nt help us in Torino,we could have used a call or two.

Sheer silliness the whole lot of it.

That's all.

espo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Jokinen View Post
Well, the ref issue aint a conspiracy. Its a fact. There were CANADIAN linesmen in game Canada versus Finland it the olympics in Turin. Im not whining about the result and refs at this point. Im only asking, how is this possible?

And i have very much respect for canadian hockey. I really like canadian style of play and their players, but i dont like the mentality of "meaning sanctifies the things you do" (Ie. Breaking Harlamovs leg and Niedermayers tackle on the Czech(?) goalie in one WHC.

Thats all.
Do you believe that Canadian players are relieved when they see Canadian linesman and get favorable treatment ? Do you think an NHL linesman would deliberately allow an offside play continue if it allowed Canada a scoring chance ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Do you believe that Canadian players are relieved when they see Canadian linesman and get favorable treatment ? Do you think an NHL linesman would deliberately allow an offside play continue if it allowed Canada a scoring chance ?
I don't think that happens much, if at all, they're quite respectable and honest people after all. However, that does not change the fact that in international games the refs shouldn't come from the respective teams nations. Simple.

RorschachWJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
MaxV

I'd like to cast my vote for the USSR team, but obviously my opinion is biased.

It's a shame that all those great Russian players weren't allowed to prove themselves in the NHL.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that a lot of them would've been HOFers.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote