HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McDonagh is old school at early age

Old
12-17-2013, 06:39 AM
beef 4 lunch

vCash: 500
Deal him at the deadline for picks and prospects.

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 07:54 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Great read.

This was my favorite quote:

Quote:
"He said the only thing that was going to stop him from the NHL was not being good enough," O'Neill said.

12-17-2013, 08:07 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
His track record of making rival superstars disappear is staggering.

Ovechkin who been scoring at close to a GPG pace since the start of last season hasn't tallied against the Rangers in 9 games. He doesn't even have a point in his last 8.

Sidney Crosby -you're gonna love this one- hasn't scored a goal against the Rangers since McDonagh joined the Rangers. Seriously.

That's crazy.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quite literally the only player/person in the organization I have zero concerns about.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:17 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:

Ovechkin who been scoring at close to a GPG pace since the start of last season hasn't tallied against the Rangers in 9 games. He doesn't even have a point in his last 8.

Sidney Crosby -you're gonna love this one- hasn't scored a goal against the Rangers since McDonagh joined the Rangers. Seriously.

If that's true that's freakin' incredible.

I'm sorry, but people saying Suter AINEC are nuts. Suter is older and more experienced, but he also played with SHEA effing Weber. Suter is outstanding, but to say it's not even close is a moronic statement. Suter's body of work is greater strictly because of his age.

So far this year, McD has been BETTER than Suter imo. So yeah, right...not even close. Ok.

If we are talking right this second. McD=Suter imo. If we are talking ceilings, McD>Suter.

Last edited by KreiMeARiver*: 12-17-2013 at 09:26 AM.
KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:18 AM
NYRKindms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Quite literally the only player/person in the organization I have zero concerns about.
I agree. The guy just gets it done. Some shaky games at the beginning of the season but so what. He is asked to do something like shut down players or up his offense and he delivers.

Way to go Ry Ry

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:28 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Quote:

Thats some jaw dropping facts! McDomination.

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 470
I can't wait till McD plays in the olympics and all this "McDonagh isn't top 10" garbage is put to rest.

12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I can't wait till McD plays in the olympics and all this "McDonagh isn't top 10" garbage is put to rest.
I would think nearly any fan of the game that watches mcdonagh and other nhl teams often would very likely think mcdonagh is one of the best DMen in the league.

It's bizarre that it's rangers fans who seem to want to think he isn't that good.

Don't fans usually overrate their own?

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I would think nearly any fan of the game that watches mcdonagh and other nhl teams often would very likely think mcdonagh is one of the best DMen in the league.

It's bizarre that it's rangers fans who seem to want to think he isn't that good.

Hockey's different here.

Ranger fans take for granted the really good players (McDonagh, Lundqvist) and overrate the guys who stink (Brassard).

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
McDonagh should be wearing a letter on his sweater next season.

Captain McDonagh
I agree this one. I watch him more closely than other Ranger players and you can count the amount of mistakes he has made this season on one hand.

Definitely brings it every game and should be our next C.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 04:57 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Take a look at the McDonagh vs. OEL threads. Always like 90-10 OEL. I can't imagine any D-man in this league, much less OEL getting that much of a blowout on McDonagh.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 05:01 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hockey's different here.

Ranger fans take for granted the really good players (McDonagh, Lundqvist) and overrate the guys who stink (Brassard).
That's ********, Brassard was praised when he was our best forward in the playoffs last year and has been trashed this year.

Old
12-17-2013, 05:18 PM
nikonsniper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Take a look at the McDonagh vs. OEL threads. Always like 90-10 OEL. I can't imagine any D-man in this league, much less OEL getting that much of a blowout on McDonagh.
People want OEL to be the next Lidstrom, so he gets a lot of heat, and is one of the few standouts on a otherwise ignored team. McD is the 3rd biggest name on the rangers , so its harder for him to stand out. not to mention, everyone hates the Rangers out of NYC-envy, so he is passed over a lot.

And face it, that is a big issue. If Cal Ripken had the exact same career but wore a Yankee jersey, people would say he wasnt that good because he never won a championship, and he is only famous because he had a fluke stat.

nikonsniper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonsniper View Post
People want OEL to be the next Lidstrom, so he gets a lot of heat, and is one of the few standouts on a otherwise ignored team. McD is the 3rd biggest name on the rangers , so its harder for him to stand out. not to mention, everyone hates the Rangers out of NYC-envy, so he is passed over a lot.

And face it, that is a big issue. If Cal Ripken had the exact same career but wore a Yankee jersey, people would say he wasnt that good because he never won a championship, and he is only famous because he had a fluke stat.
I won't lie, McDonagh is respected on the board. However there seems to be a lot of groupthink on these boards. Seems like a lot of players get bumped or knocked down just because it's HF. Reading these boards you'd think Messier was a 4th line scrub.