HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McDonagh is old school at early age

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2013, 06:39 AM
  #26
beef 4 lunch
Registered User
 
beef 4 lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Deal him at the deadline for picks and prospects.

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 07:54 AM
  #27
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,474
vCash: 500
Great read.

This was my favorite quote:

Quote:
"He said the only thing that was going to stop him from the NHL was not being good enough," O'Neill said.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 08:07 AM
  #28
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
His track record of making rival superstars disappear is staggering.

Ovechkin who been scoring at close to a GPG pace since the start of last season hasn't tallied against the Rangers in 9 games. He doesn't even have a point in his last 8.

Sidney Crosby -you're gonna love this one- hasn't scored a goal against the Rangers since McDonagh joined the Rangers. Seriously.



That's crazy.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 08:08 AM
  #29
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,931
vCash: 500
Quite literally the only player/person in the organization I have zero concerns about.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:17 AM
  #30
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
His track record of making rival superstars disappear is staggering.

Ovechkin who been scoring at close to a GPG pace since the start of last season hasn't tallied against the Rangers in 9 games. He doesn't even have a point in his last 8.

Sidney Crosby -you're gonna love this one- hasn't scored a goal against the Rangers since McDonagh joined the Rangers. Seriously.


If that's true that's freakin' incredible.

I'm sorry, but people saying Suter AINEC are nuts. Suter is older and more experienced, but he also played with SHEA effing Weber. Suter is outstanding, but to say it's not even close is a moronic statement. Suter's body of work is greater strictly because of his age.

So far this year, McD has been BETTER than Suter imo. So yeah, right...not even close. Ok.

If we are talking right this second. McD=Suter imo. If we are talking ceilings, McD>Suter.


Last edited by KreiMeARiver*: 12-17-2013 at 09:26 AM.
KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:18 AM
  #31
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Quite literally the only player/person in the organization I have zero concerns about.
I agree. The guy just gets it done. Some shaky games at the beginning of the season but so what. He is asked to do something like shut down players or up his offense and he delivers.

Way to go Ry Ry

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:28 AM
  #32
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
His track record of making rival superstars disappear is staggering.

Ovechkin who been scoring at close to a GPG pace since the start of last season hasn't tallied against the Rangers in 9 games. He doesn't even have a point in his last 8.

Sidney Crosby -you're gonna love this one- hasn't scored a goal against the Rangers since McDonagh joined the Rangers. Seriously.
Thats some jaw dropping facts! McDomination.

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:27 AM
  #33
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,773
vCash: 470
I can't wait till McD plays in the olympics and all this "McDonagh isn't top 10" garbage is put to rest.

__________________
Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
  #34
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I can't wait till McD plays in the olympics and all this "McDonagh isn't top 10" garbage is put to rest.
I would think nearly any fan of the game that watches mcdonagh and other nhl teams often would very likely think mcdonagh is one of the best DMen in the league.

It's bizarre that it's rangers fans who seem to want to think he isn't that good.

Don't fans usually overrate their own?

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
  #35
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I would think nearly any fan of the game that watches mcdonagh and other nhl teams often would very likely think mcdonagh is one of the best DMen in the league.

It's bizarre that it's rangers fans who seem to want to think he isn't that good.

Don't fans usually overrate their own?
Hockey's different here.

Ranger fans take for granted the really good players (McDonagh, Lundqvist) and overrate the guys who stink (Brassard).

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 04:56 PM
  #36
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
McDonagh should be wearing a letter on his sweater next season.

Captain McDonagh
I agree this one. I watch him more closely than other Ranger players and you can count the amount of mistakes he has made this season on one hand.

Definitely brings it every game and should be our next C.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 04:57 PM
  #37
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I would think nearly any fan of the game that watches mcdonagh and other nhl teams often would very likely think mcdonagh is one of the best DMen in the league.

It's bizarre that it's rangers fans who seem to want to think he isn't that good.

Don't fans usually overrate their own?
Take a look at the McDonagh vs. OEL threads. Always like 90-10 OEL. I can't imagine any D-man in this league, much less OEL getting that much of a blowout on McDonagh.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 05:01 PM
  #38
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hockey's different here.

Ranger fans take for granted the really good players (McDonagh, Lundqvist) and overrate the guys who stink (Brassard).
That's ********, Brassard was praised when he was our best forward in the playoffs last year and has been trashed this year.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 05:18 PM
  #39
nikonsniper*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Take a look at the McDonagh vs. OEL threads. Always like 90-10 OEL. I can't imagine any D-man in this league, much less OEL getting that much of a blowout on McDonagh.
People want OEL to be the next Lidstrom, so he gets a lot of heat, and is one of the few standouts on a otherwise ignored team. McD is the 3rd biggest name on the rangers , so its harder for him to stand out. not to mention, everyone hates the Rangers out of NYC-envy, so he is passed over a lot.

And face it, that is a big issue. If Cal Ripken had the exact same career but wore a Yankee jersey, people would say he wasnt that good because he never won a championship, and he is only famous because he had a fluke stat.

nikonsniper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
  #40
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonsniper View Post
People want OEL to be the next Lidstrom, so he gets a lot of heat, and is one of the few standouts on a otherwise ignored team. McD is the 3rd biggest name on the rangers , so its harder for him to stand out. not to mention, everyone hates the Rangers out of NYC-envy, so he is passed over a lot.

And face it, that is a big issue. If Cal Ripken had the exact same career but wore a Yankee jersey, people would say he wasnt that good because he never won a championship, and he is only famous because he had a fluke stat.
I won't lie, McDonagh is respected on the board. However there seems to be a lot of groupthink on these boards. Seems like a lot of players get bumped or knocked down just because it's HF. Reading these boards you'd think Messier was a 4th line scrub.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.