HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yikes!!! - Perezhogin a Healthy Scratch tonight.

Old
01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
I doubt there's more to this than Perezhogin getting the night off.

He may be technically called a 'healthy scratch', but he's not healthy right now. Carbo wants him to rest.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Smells of a trade to me.
It rain in Montreal and Habs fan smell trade...

I don't think its a reference....

Bob Bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Catch-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_habs_fan View Post
Wow - I did not see that coming - I thought he had been playing fine lately - maybe a little bit of a slump - but worth a scratch.

Thoughts.

http://habsinsideout.com/

The scratching, benching, trading of and reduction of responsibilities for soft players will continue under any organization spearheaded by capable leaders like Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Kirk Muller and Doug Jarvis. They know it takes real desire, a team attitude, a healthy locker room environment and a hard work to win, along with talent. Maybe Perez works hard, maybe he plays well in both ends but he is soft and we are a team already with many soft players. To be of any use, Perezhogin must both play plus-hockey AND produce. He must contribute.

Also interesting is that we know Perezhogin thinks he is good enough to be a top player. IOW, his opinion currently conflicts with that of our capable leaders. So there is the possibility that he does not see eye to eye with the club. Perhaps he has let it be known?

The other possibility is a trade. Hiw worth makes this doubtful, unless as part of a package. But who else is scratched to indicate that they are traded?

Why not Samsonov? IMO, the only reason Samsonov is not benched and scratched more often is because he is on the trade block. You don't want to further hurt his value by scratching him. Gainey and Carbonneau can put on a poker face with the best of them.

Last edited by Catch-22: 01-11-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
Why not Samsonov? IMO, the only reason Samsonov is not benched and scratched more often is because he is on the trade block. You don't want to further hurt his value by scratching him. Gainey and Carbonneau can put on a poker face with the best of them.
Can't believe that any team would want him anyway. Not at that price that even though he would start scoring for 4 or 5 games consecutively, he will have that label of inconsistency going for him that, at that price, nobody can afford. We're stuck with him and best we can do would be close to the deadline.....next year when his contract will be due and depending of his production.

During that time, Samsonov NEEDS to be out of Kovy's way, or benched. But a Sammy that could "explode" 'cause it seems Carbo and Gainey might think it can happen, is more useful on the ice than in the stands. They probably don't think it's the case for Perez.

I would love to see what's Perez value right now though.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Catch-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't believe that any team would want him anyway. Not at that price that even though he would start scoring for 4 or 5 games consecutively, he will have that label of inconsistency going for him that, at that price, nobody can afford. We're stuck with him and best we can do would be close to the deadline.....next year when his contract will be due and depending of his production.

During that time, Samsonov NEEDS to be out of Kovy's way, or benched. But a Sammy that could "explode" 'cause it seems Carbo and Gainey might think it can happen, is more useful on the ice than in the stands. They probably don't think it's the case for Perez.

I would love to see what's Perez value right now though.
I think the exact same thing you do. But I know I thought the same thing about Theodore, too. What possible value could he have represented to anybody? I still think I was right about Theodore save for one thing: We have Bob Gainey. And that means that even the most absurd deal is possible. That, my friend, is why you and I are talking here, and why Mr. Bob Gainey is a Stanley Cup winning GM.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
I think the exact same thing you do. But I know I thought the same thing about Theodore, too. What possible value could he have represented to anybody? I still think I was right about Theodore save for one thing: We have Bob Gainey. And that means that even the most absurd deal is possible. That, my friend, is why you and I are talking here, and why Mr. Bob Gainey is a Stanley Cup winning GM.
Obviously I did think the same thing about Theo. But Gainey was helped with the fact that he found somebody who had that man crush for so a long time that he succeeded in trading him....

Just need to find who's in love with Sammy now....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I can understand this easily, Perezhogin, Johnson and Bonk have been by far the most banged up players on the team. Two of them have been wearing face cages. It really shows in his play as well as Perezhogin is usually one of the better forecheckers, which he hasn't been able to do since getting hit so much along the boards. He hasn't been playing very well either for a few weeks, so this decision makes sense.

As for his work ethic, that is nonesensical, Perezhogin is without a doubt one of the hardest workers if not the hardest worker on the team, there was an article about every Habs player, Perezhogin was mentionned as the guy who worked on his skills the most, always staying after the rest of the guys to work on his game.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:08 PM
turnbuckle*

Zhogy is an enigma. He shows flashes of brilliance and periods of indifference.

He's got offensive talent, but he has yet to produce at the NHL level. He also can be very diligent defensively when he puts his mind to it and uses his speed correctly, but the last 10 games or so he's been regressing into old habits and showing laziness.

I think he's the type of guy that needs a kick in the pants on occasion, and hopefully sitting in the press box will wake him up.

I also suggested earlier in the season that he should be traded before the other teams figure him out. I said at the time I don't think he has the consistency in his offensive skills to ever be a 30-goal scorer, and I haven't changed my mind. I'm not even sure he'll be a consistent 25-goal man. Given that he's inconsistent defensively and effort-wise, is not overly physical or large....I think there are better players in the system for the top two lines and better suited players for the third line checking roles as well.

He 23.5 years old and he averages 10 goals per season, and is showing inconsistency defensively as well as offensively.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Zhogy is an enigma. He shows flashes of brilliance and periods of indifference.

He's got offensive talent, but he has yet to produce at the NHL level. He also can be very diligent defensively when he puts his mind to it and uses his speed correctly, but the last 10 games or so he's been regressing into old habits and showing laziness.

I think he's the type of guy that needs a kick in the pants on occasion, and hopefully sitting in the press box will wake him up.

I also suggested earlier in the season that he should be traded before the other teams figure him out. I said at the time I don't think he has the consistency in his offensive skills to ever be a 30-goal scorer, and I haven't changed my mind. I'm not even sure he'll be a consistent 25-goal man. Given that he's inconsistent defensively and effort-wise, is not overly physical or large....I think there are better players in the system for the top two lines and better suited players for the third line checking roles as well.

He 23.5 years old and he averages 10 goals per season, and is showing inconsistency defensively as well as offensively.
Inconsistency defensively (a definition) : leading the team in plus/minus

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:13 PM
oli500

he might be hurt, who knows. Well hes been great on the defensive end, I think habs management are disapointed in his offensive production and lack of consistancy on offense. I mean if he at least got some decent scoring chances every night, he wouldent be scrached tonight. In perezhogin case on most nights, he dosent give his maximum effort on offense and hes supose to be an offensive player. Time well tell with this kid. I think its the right thing to do. You need to send him the message that hes a better offensive player than what he showed so far and you dont want to waite to long to do so.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:15 PM
GamGam

Another reason that he may be scratched is to protect him from Flyer vengeance. Remember Perezhogin KO'd Primeau last year, effectively ending his career.

GamGam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ******** View Post
It rain in Montreal and Habs fan smell trade...

I don't think its a reference....
It's true, it does smell when it rains in Montreal.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Talent Analyst

Maybe two gritty player for hit Forsberg ???

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:17 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
A fourth line of Perezhogin - Grabovsky - Streit looks a lot nicer to me. Murray can't skate and Downey is in the NHL, god knows why. I know it's the Flyers but I'd rather fly around them than half heartedly fight them with their own medicine.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Perezhogin has hands of stone and he's soft.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yes we've "thrown away our future" by scratching a non-producing 3rd liner for one game and sending down a prospect who clearly isn't fully prepared to play in the NHL.

Sometimes this board just baffles me.
so we're a better line-up with Aaron Downey and Garth Murray instead of Alexander Perezhogin and Micheal Grabovski? Go baffle yourself away

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I'm incredibly disappointed in this decision; it seems that Perezhogin is always the guy that gets shafted despite being one of our hardest working players.

Hopefully this is to recover from a minor injury or something, but I really don't think it is.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
Inconsistency defensively (a definition) : leading the team in plus/minus
Maybe it was something to do with Carbo using someone else on the LW in tight situation and Bonk/Johnson when it's 4on4. That plus minus thing is overrated. It time for him to pick it up, he's been given quality ice time as soon as Gainey took over.

Edit : Even if it's an injury he need to pick his game up a notch.

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 01-11-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
That is just a message send to Perezhogin. he will be back in the lineup next game unless Murray and Downey both play crazy.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...cheid=20070111

Perezhogin blessé Alexander Perezhogin devait endosser l’uniforme ce soir mais il a déclaré forfait en raison d’une blessure. Il sera remplacé par Garth Murray qui pilotera un quatrième trio complété par Aaron Downey et Mark Streit…

Perezhogin is hurt and that is why he is not playing. Let the overeaction end.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Jakomyte

Its either:

1) He needs a rest for some minor injuries.

2) Carboneau wants both Downey and Murray in against Philly, who has a number of players that might drop the gloves.

3) Carboneau is unhappy with some part of his game and is trying to send him a message. How he responds is up to him.

I personally think its #2.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
so we're a better line-up with Aaron Downey and Garth Murray instead of Alexander Perezhogin and Micheal Grabovski? Go baffle yourself away
Do me a favor and point out in my post where I said anything of that sort? In fact I said myself earlier in the topic that a Downey-Streit-Murray line is pretty ugly to say the least. You're just overreacting.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
bayrider

Perezhogin has never been given a chance to play with productive linemates, and I don't mean Kovalev (as a center), and Samsonov on the wing.

Fact is, when Zednik was out the beginning of last season, Perezhogin had 7pts in 8games playing with Koivu & Kovalev. Since then he's been placed on the 3rd, and with Carbo he's been getting the short end of the stick.

He's been giving it his best nearly every game (how many players can you say that about the rest of the team?) meanwhile he gets shafted between the 3rd and 4th lines even when he's playing good. Makes no sense to me, but I'm guessing Carbo doesnt like Perezhogin. Could be a personal thing.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Its NOT an healthy scratch... He's injured.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
MM425

It's probably a combination of things... he's banged up, not playing the greatest the past couple of weeks, and the Flyers are in town which is sure to be a physical contest.

I expect Perezhogin to be back in the line-up the next game... no biggie.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote