HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes @ Montréal Canadiens | 7:30 p.m. EST | TSN-Habs/RDS

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'm extremely bored with Gionta, Desharnais and Gorges.
Who will get you excited over Gorges then? You want Bouillon back?

Old
12-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Who do you want to use over Gorges in our line up?
No one, and that sucks. Gorges should never, ever be on a powerplay.

Old
12-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Really looking forward to seeing a full game of OEL. I've seen some bits and pieces of the games he's been in and he's been incredible. I really wish this guy was in the East because I'd like to see a lot more of his play.

Old
12-17-2013, 11:24 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
No one, and that sucks. Gorges should never, ever be on a powerplay.
Oh, yeah, agreed. I thought you meant 5v5. He's not the best top 4 out there, but he's been doing a fine job this year defensively. On the PP.... yeah...no...

Old
12-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifee View Post
Is MT really playing Moen on the 3rd line instead of Bournival....?
In all fairness... Bournival has been pretty bad recently. He needs to go back to what he was doing well at the start, having an aggressive forecheck and getting rid of the puck quickly. He has been holding onto the puck far too long recently and taking penalties instead of being in proper position.

Right now, depending on the opposition, he could see himself out of the lineup just as much as he could be in it.

Old
12-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Bourque in, White out

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 11m

Revised #Habs lines:
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bournival - Eller - Brière
Bourque - Prust - Moen
well this lineup makes my post redundant.

Old
12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Shutout...for Mike Smith.

In other news, Ribeiro gets a 4 point game as Phoenix destroys us 5-2.

Old
12-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
In all fairness... Bournival has been pretty bad recently. He needs to go back to what he was doing well at the start, having an aggressive forecheck and getting rid of the puck quickly. He has been holding onto the puck far too long recently and taking penalties instead of being in proper position.

Right now, depending on the opposition, he could see himself out of the lineup just as much as he could be in it.
Sure, but what was the excuse for taking him off while he was playing good?

It's hard to get a consistent game going when you are bounced around not only between lines, but between the lineup and pressbox as well.

That's three times this season where Therrien breaks up a hot line for no reason only to see those individual players not being able to perform at the level when asked to return to playing an offensive role. We saw it with Bournival when he played with Plekanec and Gio, Briere when he played with Plekanec and Gio, and Gallagher and Eller when they played with Galchenyuk.

It's frustrating to watch him break up successful lines while ON a hot streak. It's even more frustrating when you consider that he's willing to break up every line and combo expect for the Pacioretty-DD duo.

Old
12-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Captain Saku

We're going to lose 2-0.

Old
12-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

Nice to see a lot of optimism in this thread.

12-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

I have a feeling this will be a win. Even Youppi feels like crushing the Coyotes mascot

Old
12-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 3m I'm going to reiterate what I just said on the air, Ryan White doesn't deserve to be sitting out for the 8th time this season.

I don't agree on that one. White was almost soely to blame on the 1st goal last game then took a penality 200 feet from the Habs net.

When you are a 4th liner who makes small contributions here and there you can't miss on the details and cost the team, similar to his penalities last season that got him benched. In general he's been solid this year, but wasn't good Sunday.

Old
12-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Really looking forward to seeing a full game of OEL. I've seen some bits and pieces of the games he's been in and he's been incredible. I really wish this guy was in the East because I'd like to see a lot more of his play.
I'm happy he's in the West, I prefer playing a d-man of that caliber twice a year over 4-6 times.

But yeah, it will definitely be fun seeing him tonight. Hopefully not "I'm so good I shutdown all your forward" fun, though. He's fully capable of doing just that.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:16 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 3m I'm going to reiterate what I just said on the air, Ryan White doesn't deserve to be sitting out for the 8th time this season.

I don't agree on that one. White was almost soely to blame on the 1st goal last game then took a penality 200 feet from the Habs net.

When you are a 4th liner who makes small contributions here and there you can't miss on the details and cost the team, similar to his penalities last season that got him benched. In general he's been solid this year, but wasn't good Sunday.
Brings more than Gionta at this point.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
I'm happy he's in the West, I prefer playing a d-man of that caliber twice a year over 4-6 times.

But yeah, it will definitely be fun seeing him tonight. Hopefully not "I'm so good I shutdown all your forward" fun, though. He's fully capable of doing just that.
Funny, our forwards are capable of doing that all by themselves.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No, he doesn't.

Have a feeling Habs take this one tonight.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Bacchus1

Bourque back in:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Old
12-17-2013, 01:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The gionta hate is so childish around here. He plays a primarily defensive role at this point in his career and chips in some offense now and then. How people can't be bothered to figure this out, I don't know.

Hfboards, where if you don't put up points, you're useless.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:34 PM
sventington

I think Bourque will spark our offense. I would rather White stayed in the lineup, but whatever.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:35 PM
habsfan88

I like those lineups... Bourque has been getting sh** from so many people around here, but I personally still like what he is capable of bringing (he obviously needs to step it up overall, but I'm just saying I don't mind him at all as a player). I don't want his spot on the 4th line to be permanent, but good to ease him back in and provide a scoring touch for the 4th line. I think all 4 of those lines have both offensive potential as well as defensive awareness, and hopefully rolling all the lines will provide some good upside for the habs tonight.

I'm going to predict a 4-3 Habs win tonight, Ribeiro 1G 1A. Subban game winner.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

I have no problems with Gionta this season. Sure he hasn't been putting up many points but he's a contributor to the team, not a passenger.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:40 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
I have no problems with Gionta this season. Sure he hasn't been putting up many points but he's a contributor to the team, not a passenger.
absolutely he is a good veteran to have around

hope he get out of his slump tonight

Old
12-17-2013, 01:41 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
The gionta hate is so childish around here. He plays a primarily defensive role at this point in his career and chips in some offense now and then. How people can't be bothered to figure this out, I don't know.

In a "primarily defensive role" he shouldn't be getting a single second of PP time nor should he be playing with our best centre. You can't have your cake and eat it too: either the reality is that he's given opportunities and just sucks or he shouldn't given those chances. In either case he merits a ton of criticism and I want nothing more than him to get the f out of a Habs jersey. What a waste.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:44 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

White gets a free pass from an absurd amount of people for an absurd amount of reasons because he's gritty and can fight. Same goes for Murray. But meanwhile we have to push actual hockey players like Gionta and Diaz out the door because they don't fit the "more bigger, more stronger!" obsession.

Old
12-17-2013, 01:48 PM
GeoStride87

Quote:

since when do players who play 'primarily a defensive role' get the bulk of Powerplay time, and are on in the last minute when the team needs a goal?

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, I have a lot of respect for what gionta's done in his career, but hes the type of player who, when not scoring, isn't of much value aside from the leadership he brings. The positives he brings right now, 1) hustle, 2) speed, 3) reliable defensive play can easily be replaced by a bigger and more physical player for third line/defensive duties.

edit: I should add that I think a lot of the 'hate' players on this team get are more directed to the roles that they are asked to play by Therrien. IE: gionta on the powerplay/last minute, Franky Boo on the powerplay, etc etc

Closed Thread