HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

what are the odds of luongo pulling a 'Pronger'?

Old
01-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Declassified

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Heres a thought....maybe she didn't want to leave because of Edmonton, but maybe something in Edmonton
i dont give a damn why she left.

I was just pointing out how she said pretty much the same stuff that gina said.

do i think roberto will want a trade? god no.

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:36 PM
WashCapsfan4life8

vCash: 500
The odds of luongo getting/asking for a trade is slim to none. He just got traded... wouldnt make any sense

WashCapsfan4life8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Rover*

The wives are totally different. Pronger's wife was rich and part of the high class society in st. louis, so probably wasn't used to the lifestyle in edmonton. Luongo's wife is a regular girl from florida who's father owns a restaurant, I think. The only danger is she's used to sunshine and beaches everyday, whereas it rains everyday here, but I hear she travels back to florida almost every roadtrip cause she is close with her family.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Luongo's agent said not too long ago that the way hockey works right now, why would players wants to be on non-performing team..?

The fact is, this guy is a nut case and was behind Roberto leaving the Panthers. Don't be surprised if 2 years from now they ask for a trade if the Canucks stop winning matchs and cannot be contenders.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Sakic
Extra B is for BYOBB

Send a message via MSN to Sakic Send a message via Yahoo to Sakic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashCapsfan4life8 View Post
The odds of luongo getting/asking for a trade is slim to none. He just got traded... wouldnt make any sense
pronger did as well though....

Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I'm an Edmontonian born and bred, and I cannot stand living in Edmonton at the moment. Please get me out of here!!!

The weather is absolutely brutal right now.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Spawn

It probably wont happen, the similarities are obscure, but too say that it couldn't happen is absurd, Pronger blind-sided everyone with his request, and no one truly knows why, his wife not being happy with the weather, or not happy with the culture, or Pronger having... activities on the side are all pure speculation. I'd say the chances are 1% or lower, and I don't think Canuck fans have anything to worry about. But then again, if someone asked me right after the Oilers lost game 7 what are the chances of Pronger wanting a trade I'd probably say the same.

Also, people should show a little class in regards to the pronger and female reporters, thats all pure speculation, and probably fabricated.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 06:55 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
What are the odds of him pulling a Pronger? Really really really low. If they make the finals because of him, he will stick around for next season.

What are the odds of him requesting a trade? Depends on how well the Nucks play

Luongo wants to play on a team that will make the playoffs a few times and if Vancouver doesn't do it within the next 2-3 seasons I think he could be looking for another team.

Nobody will ever consider him one of the greatest if he doesnt prove he can play in the playoffs (or even make them).

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic_Canucks View Post
and requesting a trade after this season?

i mean, its very similar to that situation, Pronger gets traded, signs a big contract plays awesome, requests.

luongo gets traded, signs a big contracts, plays awesome (to me at least).

all thats missing is the playoff run by the Canucks

but anyways, its just something abstract to think about, now that we know it can happen....
Since this is an abstract fantasy that developed in your brain, I'd say the chances are slim, since it's not based in reality. That and the fact that Vancouver isn't a miserable winter wasteland like Edmonton and I think the chances are minimal.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Rover*

Luongo will only ask for a trade if the canucks start to suck since he wants to be in the playoffs every year now, so if the canucks went on a stanley cup run, that would only solidify his desire to stay. So let's hope that's the only similarity b/w his situation and pronger's!

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:18 PM
dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
it hasn't been a typical vancouver winter.

There are some crazy things happening this year.

Crazy winds, an unusual amount of snowfall, below seasonal temps, and stanley park is taking a beating.

If his family can get through this, they can get through any sort of climate in vancouver.

In my 23 years in Vancouver, I've never seen a winter as crazy as this one.
I prefer this winter over last, though. At least it's occasionally stoped raining and the sun has emerged. Last January (9 hours TOTAL sunshine) almost killed me. But I'm a transplanted Albertan, so I'm not used to it.

dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:18 PM
windflare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Luongo's agent said not too long ago that the way hockey works right now, why would players wants to be on non-performing team..?

The fact is, this guy is a nut case and was behind Roberto leaving the Panthers. Don't be surprised if 2 years from now they ask for a trade if the Canucks stop winning matchs and cannot be contenders.
Luongo's contract has a NTC in it that kicks in after the first year.

windflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Ibrahim300*

i heard from a source luongo will be traded to toronto the greatest franshise man, i have a cool hat

Ibrahim300* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
Luongo's contract has a NTC in it that kicks in after the first year.
That he'd certainly waive if he wanted to leave the team...

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Bardo Thodol*

vancouver is reguarly rated as one of the best cities in north america. edmonton is .. well.. . .. ... :x

Bardo Thodol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
It probably wont happen, the similarities are obscure, but too say that it couldn't happen is absurd, Pronger blind-sided everyone with his request, and no one truly knows why, his wife not being happy with the weather, or not happy with the culture, or Pronger having... activities on the side are all pure speculation. I'd say the chances are 1% or lower, and I don't think Canuck fans have anything to worry about. But then again, if someone asked me right after the Oilers lost game 7 what are the chances of Pronger wanting a trade I'd probably say the same.

Also, people should show a little class in regards to the pronger and female reporters, thats all pure speculation, and probably fabricated.
Exactly. It was a rare situation in the first place, the chances of it happening two consecutive years in a row is really, really though. '0%' is obviously a bit of an oxymoron, but it's getting close.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote