HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-0 loss. Gagner rips off jersey to reveal Kings t-shirt

Old
12-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
You know who that sounds like? ... Moreau in his last years as an Oiler. Entitled, smug, unable to separate and think critically about the **** that is happening in front of his eyes.
Well Moreau started to get completely egotistical about his own performance and he even threw other teammates under the bus during that process. Eberle hasn't done that yet.

Yet.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YEGman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola1279 View Post
I don't see it happening unless his profit line really takes a hit. Speaking to a journalist(not in the sports department) friend who resides in Edmonton he told me the general consensus is that the Oilers organization truly believes the fans will keep coming. I am just curious how many of you have spoken to others about the team there and what is the general feelings of the fans. I get the impression most people are fed up with the team's excuses and p.r. machine which keeps pumping out garbage.
If Taylor Hall demanded a trade that however might make Katz wake the **** up.
I'm about 85% certain I will not be renewing my Seasons' Tickets after having held them since 1995 and having enjoyed my father's since the WHA days. A fellow I golf with at the Edmonton Country Club gave up 4 Gold seats he and his father held since the WHA this year - too bad I didn't follow his example.

YEGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilman9482

Quote:
I don't see it happening unless his profit line really takes a hit. Speaking to a journalist(not in the sports department) friend who resides in Edmonton he told me the general consensus is that the Oilers organization truly believes the fans will keep coming. I am just curious how many of you have spoken to others about the team there and what is the general feelings of the fans. I get the impression most people are fed up with the team's excuses and p.r. machine which keeps pumping out garbage.
If Taylor Hall demanded a trade that however might make Katz wake the **** up.
P.R. is all about tricking people and pumping out propoganda.

oilman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:47 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
The fact that one of them blamed the "empty seats" on the weather is obvious. Management is clueless. For a billionaire, I would expect Katz to have better logic and realize that the team is suffering with an inept management. But no, as long as he's getting the profits, its all "screw the tier 2 fans."
Agreed and I had a great laugh at that delusional comment from Laforge. First it is the fans fault, now it is the weather, what next blaming Edward Snowden.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy

This is a minor thing among minor things, but I kinda wish Hall was captain.

Not that what Ference does in the community and representing the (****show of an) organization isn't great, but I personally feel right about now, Hall would be dumping barrels of Gatorade in the dressing room in anger.

And now some more baseless speculation: I doubt Ference is feeling the same way. Comes from a winning organization to this debacle actively (free agent signing), he's probably shell-shocked.

Mcnofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:49 AM
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Agreed and I had a great laugh at that delusional comment from Laforge. First it is the fans fault, now it is the weather, what next blaming Edward Snowden.
He'll blame the oiler fans that wear paper bags to the games next.

McAsuno* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

It's going to be sad when this team trades/waives it's 4th straight captain in unceremonious fashion. Don't think a team has ever done that: Smith, Moreau, Horcoff and soon to be Ference in 1 year.

Old
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post

Is anyone else bothered by the improper use of memes on this board?

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:50 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEGman View Post
I'm about 85% certain I will not be renewing my Seasons' Tickets after having held them since 1995 and having enjoyed my father's since the WHA days. A fellow I golf with at the Edmonton Country Club gave up 4 Gold seats he and his father held since the WHA this year - too bad I didn't follow his example.
Wouldn't blame you in the slightest and other friends of mine in Edmonton are not renewing theirs as well. One of the worst organizations in sports when dealing with its fanbase.

Old
oilman9482

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post

Not that what Ference does in the community and representing the (****show of an) organization isn't great, but I personally feel right about now, Hall would be dumping barrels of Gatorade in the dressing room in anger.

And now some more baseless speculation: I doubt Ference is feeling the same way. Comes from a winning organization to this debacle actively (free agent signing), he's probably shell-shocked.
Hall is already the de-facto captain. He leads by example, I just wish the rest would follow his lead.

oilman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shizuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Not like there's much he could have done. Ference was probably one of the top 2 UFA defensemen available.
He could have signed Fistric? He could have kept Smid instead of presenting an early Christmas present to Calgary and picking up two mediocre, marginal suspect young players who do not have much hope of seeing the light of the NHL level roster (though with the way this team is, maybe they will make it... which speaks volumes)?

Why the **** he would trade Smid, when they already have a butter soft lineup, and choose not to sign Fistric, a banger whose freelancing to make big hits could have been covered off by a more responsible D partner, in order to bring in someone like Grebeshkov is beyond logic and reason.

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Del McPreston
LOOOOOOCH

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Well Moreau started to get completely egotistical about his own performance and he even threw other teammates under the bus during that process. Eberle hasn't done that yet.

Yet.
I'm not sure if anything can top thecaptainethanmoreau in 2010 saying he tried harder when he knew there were scouts from around the league in the stands.

Del McPreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
He'll blame the oiler fans that wear paper bags to the games next.
Or blaming their mothers and grandmothers for raising such lousy, ungrateful fans.

Old
KlimasLoveChild

Yak might have the green jacket in the bag by christmas. Just brutal.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1

Quote:
He could have signed Fistric? He could have kept Smid instead of presenting an early Christmas present to Calgary and picking up two mediocre, marginal suspect young players who do not have much hope of seeing the light of the NHL level roster (though with the way this team is, maybe they will make it... which speaks volumes)?

Why the **** he would trade Smid, when they already have a butter soft lineup, and choose not to sign Fistric, a banger whose freelancing to make big hits could have been covered off by a more resonsible D partner, in order to bring in someone like Grebeshkov is beyond logic and reason.
Their D is softer without Smid. Horac is playing well, but Brossoit's been struggling. In all honesty, it was a stupid trade.

Old
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:

Why the **** he would trade Smid, when they already have a butter soft lineup, and choose not to sign Fistric, a banger whose freelancing to make big hits could have been covered off by a more resonsible D partner, in order to bring in someone like Grebeshkov is beyond logic and reason.
Not to pick on your post, but who is this person exactly on the Oilers?

Old
Dashh

vCash: 550
Although coaching obviously isn't the main problem, it's unfortunate that we've landed on eakins as i think he's the worst of the bunch. His line matching and player placements just elicit so many head scratches. Who knows wtf this guy is telling the team behind the scenes.

That being said, it sucks how far away the oilers are from even being slightly decent. We're at rock rock rock bottom.

sadface.

Dashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Cam98

OH man the joys of being an Oilers fan, with this group, i don't see playoffs ever. no defense, no goaltending. how after 4 years can we still have a **** defense core. it amazes me.

Cam98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:52 AM
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashh View Post
Although coaching obviously isn't the main problem, it's unfortunate that we've landed on eakins as i think he's the worst of the bunch. His line matching and player placements just elicit so many head scratches. Who knows wtf this guy is telling the team behind the scenes.

That being said, it sucks how far away the oilers are from even being slightly decent. We're at rock rock rock bottom.

sadface.
But Mac T said we're improving.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Hockey Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Del McPreston
LOOOOOOCH

vCash: 137
Quote:
No, it's just you.

Del McPreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy

Can we call up Horak? Omark (I don't even like the guy)? Can we play Lander in a top-6 role?

Mcnofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Shizuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Not to pick on your post, but who is this person exactly on the Oilers?
I would laugh my man, but it would be drowned by the ocean of bitter tears. The truth hurts

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Kepler 186f
Red Shifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post

Don't need a letter to do that.

Kepler 186f is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Kepler 186f
Red Shifted

Quote:
There's a proper way? What body standardized their usage. Can you aim us at the white paper?

Kepler 186f is online now   Reply With Quote