HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

3-0 loss. Gagner rips off jersey to reveal Kings t-shirt

Old
12-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Is anyone else bothered by the improper use of memes on this board?
Relax Keegan its funny.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Is anyone else bothered by the improper use of memes on this board?

Amidoing it right? I want to make sure that I know how to meme before meme-ing.

Mcnofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Hockey Nightmare

I do feel sorry for Hallsy though. I know he's not having a great year and is making some mistakes, but the truth is, there are few other players on this team who can actually do anything offensively. He is basically being forced to do everything because nobody except Perron and Ebs are going to.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:21 AM
mactforcoach

Really I'm not surprised by tonights game or the 3 games before it. Let's face it, this team is not ready for the big leagues yet. Last fall I was never convinced that we were a playoff team and it's shown. Take a look at our division, there was no way in hell we were going to climb above the top 8 teams.

I am however upset that we are not sitting 11- 13 place in the west. No way should Calgary be ahead of this group, not with the lack of talent they have. But what other teams ahead of us do have is the will to fight it out and win. An Identity! That is something this team has been missing for years now and I don't see one in the making. They get pushed around, out muscled, out hustled, and out coached on a nightly basis.

Nothing personal against Eakins but giving a rookie coach a bunch of rookie players is just throwing the team to the wolves. I told my wife after the game tonight that next season (this one is all but over) we won't see Smyth, Hemsky, Gagner, Yakupov, Jones, and both Shultz's on the team. I would expect no less than 7-9 new faces. If not I think Katz will take a major hit in revenue. Even so I doubt we see the playoffs for at least 2 more years making it 10 years out. That has to be some sort of record.

mactforcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:42 AM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
He was last year, when our coach was less god awful.
What? So the coach is making him stand stationary all over the ice. He needs to get some movement in his game because right now he looks horrific. I want a draft do over

Hiphopopotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:43 AM
Yablo21

Second goal was offside btw, doesn't really matter but check the replay, guy on the far side hadn't cleared the zone.

NM it was good, Nolan wasn't in the zone yet

Yablo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Mr McV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Compared to this:

Edmonton Oilers ‏
"We showed again we can play with this team... Two mistakes ended up in our net. Other than that we played a good game." - Jordan Eberle

**** off, Jordan.
Someone should be asking Eberle if he really thinks that the Kings bring their "A game" to play the Oilers.

Mr McV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

4 years in to the 5 year rebuild. We have maybe 7-10 guys in the ENTIRE organization who we could truly build on. How is that possible? We've accumulated nothing as far as assets go. We have no good shutdown defenseman and no good offensive defenseman, how is this possible after 4 years of consciously trying to rebuild the franchise? It won't be long before Hall asks for a trade out of here, my guess is that comes in 2-3 years. With the exception of Klefbom and Nurse there is no prospect depth at any position.

Sam Gagner, Jordan Eberle, Justin Schultz and Devan Dubnyk all need to be future endeavoured before next season.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
4 years in to the 5 year rebuild. We have maybe 7-10 guys in the ENTIRE organization who we could truly build on. How is that possible? We've accumulated nothing as far as assets go. We have no good shutdown defenseman and no good offensive defenseman, how is this possible after 4 years of consciously trying to rebuild the franchise? It won't be long before Hall asks for a trade out of here, my guess is that comes in 2-3 years. With the exception of Klefbom and Nurse there is no prospect depth at any position.

Sam Gagner, Jordan Eberle, Justin Schultz and Devan Dubnyk all need to be future endeavoured before next season.
This year seemed to be 2 steps forwards 3 steps back. Multiple players having ****** seasons. We got some bad mojo going on with this group. Build around Hall, trade ****ing everybody!!!

Old
12-18-2013, 02:01 AM
McDrai
Jesse P for Prez

Only watched the first period because that was all I could stomach. By seasons end I probably won't even be watching games. The needs of this team are obvious: 1. Coach (experienced in nhl and has some past success) 2. Top pairing defensemen 3. Big #2 Center 4. Goaltending depth
Pieces that I would be willing to part with to fill these needs: Everyone but Hall, RNH, Perron, and Bryzgalov

McDrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Jtown

THis game was a flukey game. Earlier in the year the oilers would have lost 5-0 by the 2nd period.

The Oilers played the kings well and limited their chances. I blame Gagner for the first goal, but that 2nd goal was a total fluke goal.

The team has played much better since their game in calgary and bryz could be a guy in net for the next couple of years.

At this point though I think you have to do something yakupov, he just seems like he has totally regressed from last year. I dont think he can be in the top 6 right now and should be a fixture on the pp.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:05 AM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
THis game was a flukey game. Earlier in the year the oilers would have lost 5-0 by the 2nd period.

The Oilers played the kings well and limited their chances. I blame Gagner for the first goal, but that 2nd goal was a total fluke goal.

The team has played much better since their game in calgary and bryz could be a guy in net for the next couple of years.

At this point though I think you have to do something yakupov, he just seems like he has totally regressed from last year. I dont think he can be in the top 6 right now and should be a fixture on the pp.
How is the Oilers D leaving for a line change leaving a forward wide open a fluke goal. Bad line changes continue plague this team, who don't seem to be able able to learn from mistakes.

Old
12-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
This year seemed to be 2 steps forwards 3 steps back. Multiple players having ****** seasons. We got some bad mojo going on with this group. Build around Hall, trade ****ing everybody!!!
Hall, Perron, Arcobello, Gordon, Bryzgalov. Everyone else is fair game.

Old
12-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Oilers4life1987

Nuge is what 20 and everyone except Hall is expendable? Seriously? Give him a chance.

Oilers4life1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:17 AM
McCrumb

This year is a disaster. We will have to improve probably about 30 points next year just to make the playoffs. Wow. I have patience but this is getting a little ridiculous.

McCrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
How is the Oilers D leaving for a line change leaving a forward wide open a fluke goal. Bad line changes continue plague this team, who don't seem to be able able to learn from mistakes.
i agree had line change, but really that pass from greene was a flukey

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:18 AM
T-Funk

Anyone notice how Dallas Eakins looks and dresses exactly like Jordan Schlansky from Conan? The post game interview is uncanny.

T-Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:18 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

kings fan coming in peace. tough shake guys. worst is that there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. as terrible of a history as the Kings have had before these recent years, we can't lay claim to what you guys are experiencing as a fan base. i feel for you guys and admire your continuing loyalty, as feeble of a compliment as that is.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:29 AM
Psychoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
kings fan coming in peace. tough shake guys. worst is that there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. as terrible of a history as the Kings have had before these recent years, we can't lay claim to what you guys are experiencing as a fan base. i feel for you guys and admire your continuing loyalty, as feeble of a compliment as that is.
well we appreciate it. truth is we don't like sympathy, but at this point, I dont think it matters. The kings are a fantastic team and we only wish we had a quarter of what they bring every night.

The oilers have completely destroyed my will to watch

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:29 AM
boopronger

Cant believe the oilers are gonna get another first overall pick. And I could care less. I remember when I was a kid and all i wanted was the oilers to get some good players and retain them. Yet those teams in the 90's were always close to making the playoffs. WTF

boopronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 02:51 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
We get this after every game, it used to hurt, now its just par for the course. This year it's starting to sink in that this franchise is gonna be the laughing stock for years to come, and the players we want to build around are likely gonna want trades out of Edmonton before we ever truly become contenders. This rebuild is looking less like Chicago/Pittsburgh and more Islanders/Panthers.

Just as many question marks as we had 4 years ago when the rebuild started. Poor coaching, poor management, poor scouting, poor player development, the list goes on. The current Kings are the epitome of a well built club, Oilers would seem to need 12-15 years to build the organizational depth that the Kings have built in 5.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:14 AM
bombers15
5-14-6-1

Blow it up.

bombers15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 03:25 AM
McGlassbangers

I would trade Gagner for bag of ****

McGlassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 03:29 AM
CorpseFX

Gagner... not good ever and so overhyped from juniors/russian crap series. have a half season that is OK and other seasons that had massive feast/famine droughts. and get overpaid. great management. every deficiency still exists in his game and it hasnt improved in any major qualitative sense. basically, plateau at age 18. get out.

these clowns running the show fall in love with bad players/children more than they like winning and can't make hard cuts on legit weak links in the organization.

so tiring

From David Staples
Quote:
#89 Sam Gagner, 1. Gagner had a hand in every single goal against the Oilers. On the first, he won the initial draw but after a defensive zone turnover didn’t get much done. He had one chance to take the puck from Anze Kopitar and lost that battle, then skated around in circles on the left side faceoff dot while the play carried on around him and ultimately didn’t take the goal-scorer who was alone at the side of the net despite being the closest Oiler. On the second, he made a terrible clearing attempt that ended up in Kings hands just outside the blue line, at which point he and everybody else inexplicably went for a line change. The third was the empty net goal with Gagner at the top of the offensive zone with possession – he had Justin Schultz set for a one-timer with no coverage (Drew Doughty had skated out but fallen back) and two Kings forwards in front of him so naturally rather than pass he blasted it directly ahead, it was blocked, and L.A. polished off the game; it’s hard to know but with a little bit of luck that move could be the difference between 3-0 and 2-1 with almost a minute left. The cherry on top of this sundae? The Oilers tied the Kings 9-9 in scoring chances with Gagner off the ice at five-on-five, but were out-chanced 7-2 with him on.

Last edited by CorpseFX: 12-18-2013 at 03:47 AM.
CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 04:05 AM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Hall, Perron, Arcobello, Gordon, Bryzgalov. Everyone else is fair game.
I'll bend a little, keep Hall, Perron and Gordon...everyone else can GTFO. Bryz, while being surprising solid thus far is prone to mental collapses of epic proportion. And Arco, while being an absolute beast is way too small to survive.