HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 34: Preds vs Blackhawks | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Are we STREAKING again?!

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
The minute we were forced to draft Seth Jones I knew there would be an issue with our D-core. I'm not saying he is or will be a bad player. I just knew we wouldn't go after a solid defenseman in free agency once he was drafted and that is what we needed. Would we be better off this season if Barkov had fallen to us and we were able to sign a player like Farence? I think we would be.

Simple fact is we don't have an elite goalie to make up for this young d-core and it is gong to kill us.

On the bright side we are 1-1 against the stanley cup champs so far this season and that is without one of our very best and arguably most important players. Once Rinne went down and they knew he wouldn't be back for a good long time, Poile should be shopping some of the players we have of value to work toward the future.

Old
12-18-2013, 08:10 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
10 points out of a playoff spot (going to go ahead and let that sink in).

Season is done boys. Fire Trotz, dump poile, and shed the extra weight on this team. It's time to accept who we are: a bottom feeder this year. I want to completely gut the front office and restart. Might as well included the communications department in there for the horrifically bad videos the past two years.

"But Roman Yoshi, we'll suck and sometimes the pasture isn't greener on the other side blah blah blah"

******** I say. We suck now. I'd rather suck with a new direction, new horizons than suck with the same old garbage.

This isn't a contender, this isn't even a playoff team. This is a lottery team. So let's accept that and start making the personnel decisions that lottery teams make. If trotzky won't play the youth, ship his ass out of here. If Poile won't trade away the redundant pieces on this team, his ass can follow.

I will be going to monday's game against Boston and will be cheering FOR Boston even though they are my second team. Why? Because they play hard. Because they make the hard decisions of who to keep and who to shed. Because I like their style of play. And because I am sick of the Predator way.
I understand wanting the team to do better but to cheer against us?

Last edited by Seth Lake: 12-18-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Attack the thought, not the poster
Old
12-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I understand wanting the team to do better but to cheer against us?
What exactly is the point of cheering for the Preds to win right now? The only exciting thing left for this season is the possibility of unloading all the crap on the team and drafting high.

Why would I cheer for the Preds whose season equates to a charcoal hamburger, when another team I love is in the thick of contention? In this particular instance I want/need Boston to win more than the Preds. Frankly, the Preds need losses so this team can turn the page and forge a new path. This Preds team isn't going to do better until we clean out the garbage in the locker room and front office. I can't cheer for a team I don't believe in.

Just so happens the Preds are playing a team I really enjoy watching and like from the top to the bottom. A team I believe in.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 12-18-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: QDP
Old
12-18-2013, 10:08 AM
SeventyOneTN

Quote:
What exactly is the point of cheering for the Preds to win right now? The only exciting thing left for this season is the possibility of unloading all the crap on the team and drafting high.

Why would I cheer for the Preds whose season equates to a charcoal hamburger, when another team I love is in the thick of contention? In this particular instance I want/need Boston to win more than the Preds. Frankly, the Preds need losses so this team can turn the page and forge a new path. This Preds team isn't going to do better until we clean out the garbage in the locker room and front office. I can't cheer for a team I don't believe in.

Just so happens the Preds are playing a team I really enjoy watching and like from the top to the bottom. A team I believe in.
I hope you go home unhappy, with the predator a$$ whooping you deserve.

Old
12-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I'm not nearly ready to cheer against this team. That will only happen if we are mathematically eliminated late in the year and it comes down to picking at #3 or #10. We're 3-1 in our last 4, there's always a chance Trotz and Poile pull this thing out of their ***** and we win a few. I highly, highly doubt it, but I'm still cheering for the boys, frustrated as I am.

Old
12-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I'm not nearly ready to cheer against this team. That will only happen if we are mathematically eliminated late in the year and it comes down to picking at #3 or #10. We're 3-1 in our last 4, there's always a chance Trotz and Poile pull this thing out of their ***** and we win a few. I highly, highly doubt it, but I'm still cheering for the boys, frustrated as I am.
Top 6, you know where I am coming from here. I am not some poser Boston fan. I've liked them for a while now.

I just can't cheer for a team I don't believe in. I don't believe in the direction Poile and Trotz are driving the bus. Once they are gone, hell yah, Preds for life. Right now though, I can't cheer for an organization that has made too many errors the past three years and continually makes draconian decisions with our young players. I am tired of being mediocre. Yeah we made the playoffs so many years. So what? What do we physically have to show for it?

I am supporting a change up, and if the only way to have that is for us to lose games, then for the greater good I am all for that. I don't think people realize here that this is the natural order of things. We've been in the playoffs so long we forgotten that sports is a cyclical thing. You will have a few years of competition followed by some pitfalls because you sacrificed everything to win now. Right now we are in a pitfall. Only way to claw ourselves out is reinvent ourselves.

Look at the Nordiques and the Avs as a perfect example. Or the Kings. Or the Blackhawks. Or the Penguins. Or even the Bruins. All had years of futility and are now contenders. Just because you stink and draft high doesn't guarantee success (Columbus, Florida). You have to have the right people at the helm of the ship. You have to have the right approach.

So in the end, I guess if cheering against the Preds makes me a bad person because I think losses now helps is in the long run, I guess I am a bad guy.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Top 6, you know where I am coming from here. I am not some poser Boston fan. I've liked them for a while now.

I just can't cheer for a team I don't believe in. I don't believe in the direction Poile and Trotz are driving the bus. Once they are gone, hell yah, Preds for life. Right now though, I can't cheer for an organization that has made too many errors the past three years and continually makes draconian decisions with our young players. I am tired of being mediocre. Yeah we made the playoffs so many years. So what? What do we physically have to show for it?

I am supporting a change up, and if the only way to have that is for us to lose games, then for the greater good I am all for that. I don't think people realize here that this is the natural order of things. We've been in the playoffs so long we forgotten that sports is a cyclical thing. You will have a few years of competition followed by some pitfalls because you sacrificed everything to win now. Right now we are in a pitfall. Only way to claw ourselves out is reinvent ourselves.

Look at the Nordiques and the Avs as a perfect example. Or the Kings. Or the Blackhawks. Or the Penguins. Or even the Bruins. All had years of futility and are now contenders. Just because you stink and draft high doesn't guarantee success (Columbus, Florida). You have to have the right people at the helm of the ship. You have to have the right approach.

So in the end, I guess if cheering against the Preds makes me a bad person because I think losses now helps is in the long run, I guess I am a bad guy.
I can't blame you, unfortunately, which is why I think it's time to change the system. Fans of the bottom 10 teams in the league or so should probably want their teams to lose, which is just sad and now how things should be.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:19 PM
MrMariusz

Won't want team to tank as long as there is a realistic chance to qualify for playoffs. We are a better team than we are given (or giving ourselves) credit for. The western conference is unbelievably stacked, and even "bottom feeders" in this conference could stand out in the east.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Won't want team to tank as long as there is a realistic chance to qualify for playoffs. We are a better team than we are given (or giving ourselves) credit for. The western conference is unbelievably stacked, and even "bottom feeders" in this conference could stand out in the east.
According to sportsclubstats.com (great website), we have a 3.4% chance of making the playoffs at this point.

Old
12-18-2013, 04:12 PM
SeventyOneTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
I never ever want my team to tank. You play to win the game. Now sometimes you bring in players to get experience, so player development takes precedence. But never ever would I root for my team to lose and I would lose respect for anyone that tried to lose.

Think flopping x 1,000,000.

Old
12-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOneTN View Post
I never ever want my team to tank. You play to win the game. Now sometimes you bring in players to get experience, so player development takes precedence. But never ever would I root for my team to lose and I would lose respect for anyone that tried to lose.

Think flopping x 1,000,000.
You say flopping, I say letting the future of the team play and get experience.

We sit 10 points out of a playoff spot, and every team (with the exception of dallas) ahead of us is significantly better than we are. The playoffs are a fools hope at this point.

Old
12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
weeze

This season belongs to Trotz and Poile, period. Poile brought in the guys we have and Trotz has them playing his way. The 2 too many players penalties are Trotz! All of his changing up the lines, no one knows what line they play on or play with! As others have stated, I am done with Trotz play, all of the D&C is nauseating. I now there were at least a half dozen times the Pred player with the puck could have carried the puck into the Blackhawks zone but did the ole dump it in and the Hawks got the puck. There whole team is very fast so dumping in to a faster team does not work.

And it was furiating to see we could not keep possession when we had the 3min double minor. Felt like we were the short handed team.

Why wasn't VS on the ice during the last min while we were on a PP? I know some aren't a fan of his but he is a better shooter, puck handler and way more speed than most on our team. All of the passing around the outside was more than I could stand, I had to change the channel. So very frustrating! Especially with the money that was spent this off-season. Could have done so much better if spent for more talented players instead of gritty ones.

Old
12-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I don't ever want to tank. We don't take the easy way out like Pitt and LA.

Old
12-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
I don't ever want to tank. We don't take the easy way out like Pitt and LA.
It's like football. If there is a team you like and has a shot at making the playoffs but your team has no chance and is playing the spoiler, who do you cheer for?

For me, right now a Bruins win means more than a Preds win.

Old
12-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
It's like football. If there is a team you like and has a shot at making the playoffs but your team has no chance and is playing the spoiler, who do you cheer for?

For me, right now a Bruins win means more than a Preds win.
You cheer for whoever the hell you want to cheer for. No hard and fast rules in fandom, it's just a game, do what makes you happy/entertains you But I still wouldn't expect most of the fans here to agree with the rationale, and I also figure that feeling the need to announce it is just asking for a disagreement. <shrug>

Closed Thread