HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto FC Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2013, 05:48 PM
  #126
Vexxed14
Registered User
 
Vexxed14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Barrie, Ont
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Gardiner View Post
Considering that Lampard's contract with Chelsea expires at the end of the year, and Leiweke's ambitious goals this would not be unrealistic!

Although again, he is 35 years old... Older than Ronaldinho!
Ya but Lampard is still capable of being a regular starter in a top 4 Premier League Squad which is also why we wont see him here imo

Vexxed14 is offline  
Old
12-15-2013, 05:51 PM
  #127
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1h
Expecting TFC to add to roster this week. 2-3 players possible. Looking forward to this re-entry draft.

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-15-2013, 05:52 PM
  #128
Jake Gardiner
He's everywhere!
 
Jake Gardiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1h
Expecting TFC to add to roster this week. 2-3 players possible. Looking forward to this re-entry draft.
Are these 2-3 players from the MLS, or from outside as well?

Jake Gardiner is offline  
Old
12-15-2013, 05:55 PM
  #129
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,720
vCash: 500
I'm definitely excited for the moves and while my interest in TFC never faded, I'm more optimistic then I ever was with these moves.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
12-15-2013, 05:57 PM
  #130
Vexxed14
Registered User
 
Vexxed14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Barrie, Ont
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I'm definitely excited for the moves and while my interest in TFC never faded, I'm more optimistic then I ever was with these moves.
I'll hold my opinion on the team as a whole until after they take the pitch but it does seem like they finally have someone in charge who at least has a clue.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Gilberto. He wasn't all that great in Brazil but Brazil is also a top league so its hard to say how he will perform here in MLS.

Vexxed14 is offline  
Old
12-15-2013, 06:01 PM
  #131
Jake Gardiner
He's everywhere!
 
Jake Gardiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Don't forget about Bright Dike! FC has an elite striking trio on paper, if they sign Defoe of course. Reggie Lambe has nice pace too, at least on Fifa

Jake Gardiner is offline  
Old
12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
  #132
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Gardiner View Post
Are these 2-3 players from the MLS, or from outside as well?
Not sure, what he means, but 1 player should come from the second round of the re-entry draft,

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-16-2013, 12:06 PM
  #133
Jake Gardiner
He's everywhere!
 
Jake Gardiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Interesting.
Quote:
The press conference itself was nothing special with Gilberto, Ryan Nelsen, and Tim Bezbatchenko all present. The fact that Tim Leiweke was absent, he is out of town, speaks to the fact that this is probably not the big signing that he has been talking about so much but rather another piece of the puzzle to build the team around that potential big name DP.
http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/12/...ignated-player

Jake Gardiner is offline  
Old
12-16-2013, 12:17 PM
  #134
Areathrasher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Port Credit, ON
Country: Ireland
Posts: 121
vCash: 500

Areathrasher is offline  
Old
12-17-2013, 02:03 PM
  #135
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
After making moves to bolster its attack and midfield, Toronto FC has turned its attention to the backline by acquiring American defender Justin Morrow from the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for allocation money.
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=439220

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
12-17-2013, 03:28 PM
  #136
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
He's a LB/CB he will play ahead of Morgan.

“In Morrow, we are adding a young, All-Star caliber player to our backline,” Toronto FC general manager Tim Bezbatchenko said in a statement. “Justin’s steady presence, versatility and MLS experience make him a great addition to the club.”

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-17-2013, 03:56 PM
  #137
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Morrow was an MlS all star, He also played a few games for the US National team before getting injured, So it looks like a good pick up for TFC,

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-17-2013, 05:58 PM
  #138
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman 2m Drake's call helped persuade Jermain Defoe to agree to join Toronto FC, reports Daily Mirror: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...MzAz0E.twitter

The 31-year-old has been offered a deal worth £90,000-a-week, while Toronto will also pay for unlimited flights for him and his family and provide him with two houses.

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-17-2013, 08:44 PM
  #139
Brody
$$
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Paris
Posts: 7,513
vCash: 560
where are the doubters now?

welcome to toronto jermain defoe (official in Jan)

Brody is offline  
Old
12-17-2013, 09:38 PM
  #140
shakes
Ancient Astronaut
 
shakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
where are the doubters now?

welcome to toronto jermain defoe (official in Jan)
Doubters? TFC has done nothing but over promise and under deliver since they started in this league. It's called a pattern of behaviour.

Also, they just fired AVB and the transfer isn't final yet. I'm gonna wait until it becomes final before I count my chickens. New coach comes in and wants to feature Defoe? Do you think he still comes to Toronto?

shakes is offline  
Old
12-17-2013, 09:44 PM
  #141
Areathrasher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Port Credit, ON
Country: Ireland
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Doubters? TFC has done nothing but over promise and under deliver since they started in this league. It's called a pattern of behaviour.

Also, they just fired AVB and the transfer isn't final yet. I'm gonna wait until it becomes final before I count my chickens. New coach comes in and wants to feature Defoe? Do you think he still comes to Toronto?
Yea, AVB getting the sack could lead to complications depending on how quick they get a new guy in.

I think Defoe may have already committed himself to coming though.

We will find out soon enough.

Areathrasher is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 08:22 AM
  #142
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
The 2nd round of the Re-entry draft is today, Here are the players TFC can choose,
Chivas USA (3): D Ante Jazic*, D Steve Purdy, M Josue Soto
Columbus Crew (2): M Danny O'Rourke, M Konrad Warzych
Colorado Rapids (3): GK Steward Ceus, D Brian Mullan, M Jamie Smith
D.C. United (5): M Dwayne De Rosario, D James Riley, F Carlos Ruiz, M Marcelo Saragosa, D Daniel Woolard
FC Dallas (2): M David Ferreira, D Ugo Ihemelu
Houston Dynamo (3): F Calen Carr*, M Alex Dixon, F Cam Weaver
LA Galaxy (3): M Colin Clark, M Laurent Courtois, M Pablo Mastroeni* (retired)
Montreal Impact (1): M Sinisa Ubiparipovic
New England Revolution (4): F Chad Barrett, F Ryan Guy, M Clyde Simms, M Juan Toja
New York Red Bulls (4): D Brandon Barklage, F Fabian Espindola, GK Kevin Hartman (retired), D Heath Pearce*
Philadelphia Union (1): D Chris Albright* (retired)
Portland Timbers (2): D Ryan Miller
eal Salt Lake (3): D Brandon McDonald, GK Josh Saunders, M Khari Stephenson
eattle Sounders (1): M Blair Gavin,
San Jose Earthquakes (4): D Nana Attakora, M Mehdi Ballouchy*, D Dan Gargan, GK Evan Newton
Toronto FC (1): F Justin Braun*
Vancouver Whitecaps (2): GK Joe Cannon, F Corey Hertzog

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
  #143
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
where are the doubters now?

welcome to toronto jermain defoe (official in Jan)
Everywhere. As they will and should be until this team actually wins something.

Pilky01 is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 10:34 AM
  #144
Clark4Ever
Registered User
 
Clark4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
The 2nd round of the Re-entry draft is today, Here are the players TFC can choose,
Chivas USA (3): D Ante Jazic*, D Steve Purdy, M Josue Soto
Columbus Crew (2): M Danny O'Rourke, M Konrad Warzych
Colorado Rapids (3): GK Steward Ceus, D Brian Mullan, M Jamie Smith
D.C. United (5): M Dwayne De Rosario, D James Riley, F Carlos Ruiz, M Marcelo Saragosa, D Daniel Woolard
FC Dallas (2): M David Ferreira, D Ugo Ihemelu
Houston Dynamo (3): F Calen Carr*, M Alex Dixon, F Cam Weaver
LA Galaxy (3): M Colin Clark, M Laurent Courtois, M Pablo Mastroeni* (retired)
Montreal Impact (1): M Sinisa Ubiparipovic
New England Revolution (4): F Chad Barrett, F Ryan Guy, M Clyde Simms, M Juan Toja
New York Red Bulls (4): D Brandon Barklage, F Fabian Espindola, GK Kevin Hartman (retired), D Heath Pearce*
Philadelphia Union (1): D Chris Albright* (retired)
Portland Timbers (2): D Ryan Miller
eal Salt Lake (3): D Brandon McDonald, GK Josh Saunders, M Khari Stephenson
eattle Sounders (1): M Blair Gavin,
San Jose Earthquakes (4): D Nana Attakora, M Mehdi Ballouchy*, D Dan Gargan, GK Evan Newton
Toronto FC (1): F Justin Braun*
Vancouver Whitecaps (2): GK Joe Cannon, F Corey Hertzog
I would like to see them return to TFC.

Clark4Ever is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 01:44 PM
  #145
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,098
vCash: 50
Some very nice names on that list. Hopefully we get the return of DeRo.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 02:07 PM
  #146
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
TFC selects DeRo, Hope they can get him signed to a good contract and not an overpaid contract. Anyways Dero is back in Toronto.

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 02:14 PM
  #147
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,098
vCash: 50
WOOHOO!

Hope he signs as well!

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 02:17 PM
  #148
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
If Defoe and Dero do sign this will be are lineup looks like, We still lack a LB and a CM.

4-4-1-1
Bendik
Bloom Caldwell Henry Morrow
Jackson Laba Osorio DeRo
Gilberto
Defoe


Last edited by Mathew: 12-18-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Mathew is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 02:33 PM
  #149
Mathew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
David Rowaan ‏@soccercanada3mTold DeRo and TFC already have a contract in place. No need to worry about that not getting done.

Mathew is offline  
Old
12-18-2013, 02:39 PM
  #150
thehockeysong
BJ elitist
 
thehockeysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 756
vCash: 500
That's a pretty impressive 3 pronged attack. Very impressive actually. Get a CM and this team will be scoring goals left right and centre.

thehockeysong is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.