HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Mason wants ''Carey Price money''

Old
12-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Schmidty324

vCash: 500
No matter what happens I think you have to wait until the offseason to resign him. They own his rights, and he could still probably regress. Now I hope he doesnt regress, but looking at what's potentially available this year with Hiller, Miller, Halak, Dubnyk(even if he has been eh with Edmonton) He has very little leverage in the situation and patience is key.

Schmidty324 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Garbage Goal

Solid goaltending or at least solid goalies aren't hard to find in this day and age. Aside from the goalies mentioned above already pretty much available (Hiller, Miller, etc.) it seems like there's always goalie logjams with at least some team nowadays. Toronto has Bernier and Reimer, Anaheim has Hiller, Fasth, Anderssen, Gibson, and LA has Quick, Scrivens, Martin.

If you look back in trade histories in recent seasons there's actually been a lot of great goalies traded around as well. Just off the top of my head Bishop, Halak, Bernier, Schneider are some of them.

EDIT: For the record, I want to keep Mason, I'm just pointing out that it's really not that hard to get a solid goalie nowadays despite the Flyers history with goaltending.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Solid goaltending or at least solid goalies aren't hard to find in this day and age. Aside from the goalies mentioned above already pretty much available (Hiller, Miller, etc.) it seems like there's always goalie logjams with at least some team nowadays. Toronto has Bernier and Reimer, Anaheim has Hiller, Fasth, Anderssen, Gibson, and LA has Quick, Scrivens, Martin.

If you look back in trade histories in recent seasons there's actually been a lot of great goalies traded around as well. Just off the top of my head Bishop, Halak, Bernier, Schneider are some of them.

EDIT: For the record, I want to keep Mason, I'm just pointing out that it's really not that hard to get a solid goalie nowadays despite the Flyers history with goaltending.
Exactly. There is no REASON to overpay him or RISK overpaying him.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
kelmitchell

oh no salary cap going up and people wanna get a goalie ....... sounds way to familiar ( bryz)

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 12:29 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post

goaltending isnt hard to find. But at the same time I would like some stability between the pipes. I am getting sick and tired of rotating new goalies every 2 or 3 seasons. Yeah it gets driven into our heads from the media but its true. When was the last time this organization has had stability in goal? Is Mason the guy? still early to tell but hopefully he is.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 07:41 AM
TheKingPin

Last few games for Mason is why its a good idea to no sign him so fast. He is still a good goalie and will get better but you dont sign a guy after thier best run if you dont have to ( see Giroux). I think we can get him long term at 4 mill

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:18 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
oh no salary cap going up and people wanna get a goalie ....... sounds way to familiar ( bryz)
Good one...lol

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote