Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Alex Tanguay

Old
01-03-2007, 03:09 AM
g3ryder

vCash: 500
Alex Tanguay

How has he been this year? I know he struggled a bit at the beginning of the year, but his point totals seem to be on pace for a typical Alex Tanguay season. Has he made a difference on the team? Was he worth the trade?

g3ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 08:22 AM
ArizonaGreenTea

Worth the trade is quite an easy answer, Jordan Leopold has missed all but 5 games this season due to injury.

As a set-up winger for the first line he's been inconsistant but he's very talented, and when on his game it certainly shows. Overall, he is a small part of their improvement in goals for this season. While compared to what Leopold offered the team (considering he wouldn't have been injured as a Flame) defensively, an offensive threat on the left wing was needed far more.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 12:29 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Definately worth the trade. And he only continues to improve.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 09:02 PM
OMA

Definitley worth the trade. He's been inconsistent thus far but I think we'll see more consistency as he continues to adjust in Calgary. The only real beef I have with him is the fact that he needs to shoot the puck more often... he tends to get too pretty with the puck at times.

But he's been good so far. I don't think its a coincidence that Huselius, Iginla, Lombardi and Langkow are on pace for career years this year...

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
avsfan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
Definitley worth the trade. He's been inconsistent thus far but I think we'll see more consistency as he continues to adjust in Calgary. The only real beef I have with him is the fact that he needs to shoot the puck more often... he tends to get too pretty with the puck at times.

But he's been good so far. I don't think its a coincidence that Huselius, Iginla, Lombardi and Langkow are on pace for career years this year...
now you know how most avs fans feel. that and we didnt call him mr. offsides for no reason either. see if you noticed that one too.

avsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
The only real beef I have with him is the fact that he needs to shoot the puck more often... he tends to get too pretty with the puck at times.
That would be my complaint with him too. Pretty with the puck is fine when we have a good solid lead, but it's frustrating to watch when we're trailing behind.

Old
01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

Wow just looked, Tanguay only 51 shots, he is however producing at his level.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 11:25 PM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan99 View Post
now you know how most avs fans feel. that and we didnt call him mr. offsides for no reason either. see if you noticed that one too.
Yeah that's fair enough.

But I'll take that shortcoming gladly for all that he's brought to this lineup.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:22 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Yeah that's fair enough.

But I'll take that shortcoming gladly for all that he's brought to this lineup.

^ I second that.

Old
01-12-2007, 12:57 AM
abracanada

Tanguay may be the best 5 million dollars Sutter ever spent. He elevates the game of players around him, all the time. It is no coincidence that he moves to a line, and people start producing like they never have before.

What is Langkow's trade value now that he has his confidence? I know Tanguay didn't directly play a part on all of his goals, but he has been instrumental in raising his confidence.

Iginla's confidence has soared too, and I know that has resulted in him being one of the top two or three forwards in the league. It is worth it just to have the whiners who like to complain about Iggy making 7 mill, shut up.

Ritchie has benefitted from being on a line with him. Turning him back into a scorer is huge. It raises his value to the team immensely. A guy that can score 20 goals and makes much less than a mill is pretty good value for any team.

And Moss has had his numbers added to by Tanguay. Moss started off hot, then started to cool as might be expected. Tanguay feeding him the puck tonight with that pretty pass, may be just what the doctor ordered. Another newby making a lot less than a million who looks capable of scoring 20.

This is exactly the kind of thing that used to happen to Colorado. They kept on bringing in these young players who never lost their confidence. That is the kind of value Tanguay adds and it is something that money just can't buy.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Beetmaster General

Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
at first i thought maybe he wasnt worth the trade but hes starting to look ALOT more comfortable as a flame and it seems to be helping the team out alot, especially with iggy gone

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Tangs4President21212

Well, I love tangs but like any other big player that gets traded it takes time to get used to his surroudings.... I am positive that in the 2nd half, and positive if playoffs come that tanguay will be comfortable with his surroundings... and any line he is on will prosper... that just my mind.... I Guess we just gotta sit and watch the 2nd half to see what happens!!!

Tangs4President21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:45 PM
chriss_co

i would like tanguay alot more if he ever shot the puck on a 2 on 1

yes, he makes unbelievable passes.. that pass to moss against the Avs last night was a beauty...

yes he makes others on his line better...

BUT i want the guy to score some goals on his own too... for $5 million he should be

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:49 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co View Post
BUT i want the guy to score some goals on his own too... for $5 million he should be

Yeah, that's true. And it's not like he can't score, the man has a great shot, but he's just too unselfish at times.