HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Al Montoya

Old
01-12-2007, 12:38 AM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Al Montoya

Hello Rangers fans, Habs fan here wondering about the development of Al Montoya. He seems to be doing well in the AHL for Hartford, and being the #6 pick in 2004 there was high hopes for him. But what do you see happening to him considering you have Lundqvist who is 24 and was a Vezina trophy candidate in his rookie year? Seems to me you already have the #1 of the future. Is it likely Slats will deal him to a team for prospects? Sorry if this has been discussed many times before. Any opinions would help. Thanks a lot and good luck in the rest of your season.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Block More Shots

Monty for Toews!!!

The kid seems like the real deal...He has #1 center potential and Monty has starting goalie potential. I doubt it'll happen but still, ya never know.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:00 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
Monty for Toews!!!

The kid seems like the real deal...He has #1 center potential and Monty has starting goalie potential. I doubt it'll happen but still, ya never know.
I'd love for that to happen, but Chicago could have just drafted him instead of drafting Barker. It would be a front-office debacle to trade a future franchise two-way center like Toews, for Montoya.

The organization is enough of a joke as it is with Wirtz at the helm, with that, they would look even more stupid. Someone needs to take Wirtz out.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:12 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I'd love for that to happen, but Chicago could have just drafted him instead of drafting Barker.
What?

That makes no sense at all. Different years, stages of development, you don't know how they view Barker and Toews.. and Montoya.. different needs, prospect depth, etc

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:36 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
What?

That makes no sense at all. Different years, stages of development, you don't know how they view Barker and Toews.. and Montoya.. different needs, prospect depth, etc
How does that not make sense?

Chicago had at the time, and STILL HAS a pressing need for a top-notch goaltending prospect in their system, which they have not addressed.

If they wanted Montoya that bad, they would have drafted him in 04, because they picked three spots ahead of us in that draft. They were drafted in the same year, so how is it "Different years, stages of development...? They had more of a need for a goaltender that year, being that they drafted a top young possible future franchise defender in Brent Seabrook the year before. Good goaltending wins.

Toews is one of the top forward prospects out there. I wouldn't move him unless I was getting severely overpaid to do so. It makes no sense for a rebuilding team like Chicago who can just go draft a goaltender this year.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 06:45 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
If they wanted Montoya that bad, they would have drafted him in 04, because they picked three spots ahead of us in that draft. They were drafted in the same year, so how is it "Different years, stages of development...? They had more of a need for a goaltender that year, being that they drafted a top young possible future franchise defender in Brent Seabrook the year before. Good goaltending wins.
If Chicago had a do over,they would not take Cam Barker over Al Montoya

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Barker & Toews are both from Winnipeg Manitoba, I don't see the Hawks trading either one anytime soon.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote