HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michel Bergeron leaves RDS, Joins TVA Sports

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2013, 11:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Meh. Never cared for his opinion and probably never will. I kind of hoped TVA would bring new blood. I guess it'll be the same old uninteresting talking after-game crap. Who watches l'Antichambre anyway? How many viewers? Do we know that? Still don't get what good can come out of this show.
Exactly how I feel.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Macbeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Holy moly, I absolutely could care less lol
You could... but you don't ?

Old
12-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
The darkest day in Habs history !

That was fun

Everyone had their 'i survived the Habs darkest day' the next week.

For those that were not around :

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jesse...ersy/116/19509
Jacques Demers cried live on national TV saying he was thinking about what Mr. Beliveau would think...

I believe there was plane tracking involved as some were thinking some guys were getting picked up from the plane by the police...

Ends up, the Kostitsyn & Hamrlik had some pretty funky friends. They weren't involved in smuggling infants for slavery or anything.

Yeah, it was mass hysteria.

...whenever a news story on here involves PLANE TRACKING.... man, plane tracking is where I draw the ****ing line. Too much!

Old
12-19-2013, 06:12 AM
FrankFountain
Legendary Frog

Won't receive much attention, but I have a friend who works at l'AC who told me they re-signed Damphousse and Carbo yesterday at RDS. TVA Sports also made an offer to my friend (They are trying to get everyone) but he got a better one from RDS.

Old
12-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Meh.. Michel Bergeron is an old fart that his opinions changes direction like the wind.

One day, after a win he can go like: "Ah PK Subban is a good player and I love his cockiness. A good player can be cocky".

After a couple of losses: "PK Subban is too cocky, it makes his teammates uncomfortable, he's not professional".

I remember last year when PK didn't sign his contract yet and the Habs were 4-1 at the beginning of the season, he was like PK WHO? We don't need him, we should trade him. One loss after and he was already like oh PK is still our best D, I hope he signs asap.

Old
12-19-2013, 07:20 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Whatever, will be interesting to see if TVA sports can take off and people will be willing to watch Habs games on it over RDS.

Old
12-19-2013, 07:26 AM
goforit

Who cares... I ****ing hate the personage. Can't say for the person itself... Wasn't watching l'Antichambre and won't watch the show at TVA. Nothing to learn in those ******** show but *****.

Sorry. Took me 2 hours to get at work this morning.

Old
12-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
haha man, stop the PRESSES

Old
12-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Joe Cole

The talent pool is so shallow they keeping reshuffling these zero-knowledge, might-have-beens.

Way to go TVA.

Old
12-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
The talent pool is so shallow they keeping reshuffling these zero-knowledge, might-have-beens.

Way to go TVA.
You'd think the contrary given the hockey fanatics in the province... RDS has led the way to these shows full of ex-coaches and ex-players and TVA is taking this route. I won't hold my breathe though, Quebecor has a reputation of destroying any sense of creativity and novelty.

I respect some analysts, mostly Dany Dubé because he's able to stay objective and doesn't push the panic button like the others. Sometimes I think the Quebec needs a less-moronic Don Cherry (someone with a strong opinion and personality). The thing that resembles Cherry the most is Le Baron. It's sad I know.

I guess that happens when RDS gets the monopole for so many years. Without competitions, Andre Roys and co flourished. What a dive this channel took.

Old
12-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
You'd think the contrary given the hockey fanatics in the province... RDS has led the way to these shows full of ex-coaches and ex-players and TVA is taking this route. I won't hold my breathe though, Quebecor has a reputation of destroying any sense of creativity and novelty.
The hockey fanatics in this province think hockey is a religion. Nothing is more pointless then discussing anything with people who cannot tell the difference between myth and fact. No fact is plain enough.

Quote:
I respect some analysts, mostly Dany Dubé because he's able to stay objective and doesn't push the panic button like the others. Sometimes I think the Quebec needs a less-moronic Don Cherry (someone with a strong opinion and personality). The thing that resembles Cherry the most is Le Baron. It's sad I know.

I guess that happens when RDS gets the monopole for so many years. Without competitions, Andre Roys and co flourished. What a dive this channel took.
Objectivity does not excite people, and advertisers need an audience. RDS panders to the lowest common denominator, with shows like 5 a 7 and Anti-Chambre. They set the bar so low, and there was no reason to raise it. TVA comes along, and like you said, they are not known as the boundary pushers...they are part of the same group that brings you the JdM, and it's tabloid front pages. These folks know what the VAST majority of Quebecers want, and it ain't intelligent discussion.

As for Don Cherry, Le Baron and Andre Roy....Michel Bergeron is cut from the same cloth.

Old
12-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Whatever you may feel about him, L'Anti-Chambre was having big ratings and late night shows are big business in Quebec and Bergeron was THE man on AC. Hell these guys must be having a breakdown they kept calling him the Captain and how he was the guy that had been at most shows. Michel Langdeau must be crying right now.

Personaly I thought he was a buffoon but hockey fans in general go with their guts instead of looking at the whole view and what it means as far as the big picture. Already we see a lot of misguided posters saying "oh he was never a good coach, oh he was not entertaining to me". You're not looking at the big picture, folks. This is a statement aquisition. TVA Sports got RDS' two biggest fishes.

Old
12-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

Really is this a big loss for RDS? They probably happy they shed some salary.

Old
12-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
Really is this a big loss for RDS? They probably happy they shed some salary.
He was their Top guy at L'AC. The whole show revolved around him, basically. I doubt they're happy they'll have to have Vincent Damphousse instead.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Adriatic

Damphousse and Carbo to the rescue lol...2 of the most bland personalities on the planet. It's like their voice can't go over a certain decibel.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Devourers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
Damphousse and Carbo to the rescue lol...2 of the most bland personalities on the planet. It's like their voice can't go over a certain decibel.
Carbo has to be the worst though, not because he's a bad analyst but just because he always seems like a scared puppy when on AC and doing analysis between periods.

Sometimes you can even tell he disagrees entirely with the cast of AC but he bites his lip and goes along with it. I feel bad because he's one of the few guys that actually has a legitimate opinion to voice but you can tell he's trying hard not to make anyone else look/feel bad.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:30 PM
FF de Mars

Bergeron in kinda like the QC Don Cherry, they are both senile entertainors.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourers View Post
Carbo has to be the worst though, not because he's a bad analyst but just because he always seems like a scared puppy when on AC and doing analysis between periods.

Sometimes you can even tell he disagrees entirely with the cast of AC but he bites his lip and goes along with it. I feel bad because he's one of the few guys that actually has a legitimate opinion to voice but you can tell he's trying hard not to make anyone else look/feel bad.
Yes that's so true. I can't believe with that kind of personality that he was ever a coach, it's like he's walking on egg shells or something. Usually coaches are extrovert, communicative, loud. He totally seems like the shy and timid kid in class, there's no way someone like that can command respect of a hockey room.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Here's the thing though, getting Bergie it's a big coup but how about TVA Sports trying to get newer fresher voices instead? I always thought a new sport channel like them would have a fresher approach to things and innovate. It has been the complete opposite.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Here's the thing though, getting Bergie it's a big coup but how about TVA Sports trying to get newer fresher voices instead? I always thought a new sport channel like them would have a fresher approach to things and innovate. It has been the complete opposite.
Ya that would be great but Quebecor is not the candidate for that. That would require creativity and a vision, you won't see any thinking 'outside of the box' from Quebecor.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Bergeron in kinda like the QC Don Cherry, they are both senile entertainors.
Saw him referred to as a guidoune for bolting. Bergie the same guy who for years, lambasted NHL players who jumped ship and according to him, showed no loyalty.

I don't know why some people thought TVA Sports was going to do better than Bergie when you consider all the Journal de Mourial turds they're polluting their airwaves with, starting with Marc DeFoy and Réjean Tremblay. Man, Morissette as a sports host for an hour-long show and winning awards for it. How low is the lowest common denominator in Quebec these days.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:42 PM
lostriver

well, life goes on, I guess. I still will not watch anything outside of game broadcast on both channels.

Old
12-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
Ya that would be great but Quebecor is not the candidate for that. That would require creativity and a vision, you won't see any thinking 'outside of the box' from Quebecor.
Yea i'm beginning to think you're right. The owner of Quebecor, PKP has a completly different image of a thinker of a young modern businessman. Yet the product is mediocre and populist. At least with the President of RDS, Roger Frappier, we know what we're getting. lol

Old
12-19-2013, 12:56 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
he is, and by a huge margin, the dumbest, most simplistic, least knowledgeable hockey analyst in quebec right now - and that's saying something. the extent of his knowledge extends to "i used to play stastny 30 minutes a game lolol lafleur, LAFLEUR!!!!"

he's moron and like a witch, should burnt and the stake with the fire fueled by pages of allo police.

**** him and **** tva sport

w0rd

Old
12-19-2013, 01:02 PM
habitue*

Bergeron is living in the past big time and has no understanding of what is today's hockey and hockey players.

Good riddance for RDS, and good luck TVA SPORTS

Closed Thread