HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roy is on the NHL Young Stars roster

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Kozak72

vCash: 500
Roy is on the NHL Young Stars roster

Atleast Buffalo is sending someone to Minny for Allstar weekend.

http://www.nhl.com/allstar2004/youngstars_roster.html

Old
01-24-2004, 07:21 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
good news. i like roy, maybe it will give him an opportunity to show how potent the future of the sabres is. im still worried by the lack of good defenseman in the system.

Old
01-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Peter Griffin

What a joke. The whole all-star game is seriously pointless when some deserving players aren't even going to be there. How Derek Roy and his 5 points is going and Jason Spezza and his 34 aren't is beyond me. Oh, wait, the NHL has a stupid rule that every team will have a representetive for either the big game or the young stars game. Again, what a joke.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm watching an "all-star" game, I want to see the players who are playing the best in the NHL, not the best prospect that Buffalo, or Chicago can send...In the words of Roenick, "Wake up. NHL wake the fack up."

Old
01-24-2004, 07:30 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
i like the canadien AHL lineup, Roy is listed lol. pomiville is starting. Miller in for USA.

Roy has provided a spark, his been a little lazy recently, but his AHL and NHL year hasnt been too bad.

Old
01-25-2004, 12:44 AM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
What a joke. The whole all-star game is seriously pointless when some deserving players aren't even going to be there. How Derek Roy and his 5 points is going and Jason Spezza and his 34 aren't is beyond me. Oh, wait, the NHL has a stupid rule that every team will have a representetive for either the big game or the young stars game. Again, what a joke.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm watching an "all-star" game, I want to see the players who are playing the best in the NHL, not the best prospect that Buffalo, or Chicago can send...In the words of Roenick, "Wake up. NHL wake the fack up."
this is easy for somebody to say when their team's roster is full of allstars
why continue to punish pittsburgh carolina nashville buffalo etc. fans for something they have no control over?

Old
01-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
this is easy for somebody to say when their team's roster is full of allstars
why continue to punish pittsburgh carolina nashville buffalo etc. fans for something they have no control over?
Who's punishing the fans?

Old
01-25-2004, 01:16 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:

I thought that players were only supposed to play in the YoungStars game once?

I believe that Spezza played in the game last year and thus isn't eligible this time around.

But I could be wrong......

Old
01-25-2004, 01:19 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob

I believe that Spezza played in the game last year and thus isn't eligible this time around.

Only players with one contract in thier career can play I believe. I heard it on NHL cool shots if I remember correct.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob

According to Sens fans, he was in Binghampton last season during the all-star game.

In any case, I'm not just picking on Sabres players etc, as a Canuck fan I think it's a bit of a joke that Bertuzzi is a starter on the team with his play this season. Bertuzzi a starter but Nazzy not? I think Bert has played well enough to be on the all-star team, but I think voting in guys like Bertuzzi, Modano, Lidstrom etc, based on past success is rediculous. I don't think the fans should get a vote, we have proven that all we do is stuff the ballots with are teams players. I guess I'm just really frustrated that players such as Keith Primeau, Filip Kuba, and Mattias Norstrom are on the teams when there are more deserving players who were left off.

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 01-25-2004 at 01:27 PM.
Old
01-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Only players with one contract in thier career can play I believe. I heard it on NHL cool shots if I remember correct.
I believe that is incorrect. Trent Hunter is on his second NHL contract(playing his 4th pro season).

Old
01-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
I believe that is incorrect. Trent Hunter is on his second NHL contract(playing his 4th pro season).
JOHNBOY's correct unless they changed the eligibility rules this year. I'm not sure why Hunter is on the team because he shouldn't be eligible. It's my understanding that though players are allowed to be on the Young Guns team more than once, the NHL has this sort of "only as a last resort"-type unofficial rule about it. Though if Spezza was in Binghamton I can't think of a reason not to be on the team unless he was invited and turned it down. Besides, can't he take Ryan Malone's spot instead?

Old
01-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
JOHNBOY's correct unless they changed the eligibility rules this year. I'm not sure why Hunter is on the team because he shouldn't be eligible. It's my understanding that though players are allowed to be on the Young Guns team more than once, the NHL has this sort of "only as a last resort"-type unofficial rule about it. Though if Spezza was in Binghamton I can't think of a reason not to be on the team unless he was invited and turned it down. Besides, can't he take Ryan Malone's spot instead?
Michael Ryder is on his second contract as well I believe. I don't know, the whole all-star game set-up is screwed up...

Old
01-26-2004, 12:11 AM
MLH

The original rules were players could play in the game once if they are under the age of 25 and on their original NHL contract. That may have changed though.

Old
01-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Michael Ryder is on his second contract as well I believe. I don't know, the whole all-star game set-up is screwed up...
So's Raycroft come to think of it, right?

Guess they must have changed the rules, probably to all Calder-eligible players. I guess it keeps you from having the Andrew Ference's of the world play on the team.

Old
01-26-2004, 12:34 AM
MLH

Quote:
So's Raycroft come to think of it, right?

Guess they must have changed the rules, probably to all Calder-eligible players.
Which would leave Spezza ineligible as he played more than 25 games last year. Could be on to something Ruckus...

Old
01-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
Which would leave Spezza ineligible as he played more than 25 games last year. Could be on to something Ruckus...

Wish I was, but Bouchard played over 50 last year. :mad:

Old
01-26-2004, 04:11 AM
SpezNc

Quote:
Wish I was, but Bouchard played over 50 last year. :mad:
And Cheechoo, 60 or so last year.....

Old
01-26-2004, 05:53 AM
BG43

Yeah Derek Roy.. atta boy!!

Representin'........ wooo!!

I look forward to this game more than anything.

We've already seen Pyatt, Miller and Connolly in the past.. now it's Boy toy Roy's turn

Closed Thread