HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal-Rangers/Red Wings

Old
01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal-Rangers/Red Wings

Michael Nylander($2,026,667) to the Red Wings for Robert Lang($3,800,000) and a first round pick(2007)

Both players will be group III free agents this summer.Nylander has a player option for 07-08 worth $1.52 million but he is not going to pick it up.Nylander is going to want a 2-3-4 year deal worth $3-4 million per.After last night,I can't take Nylander anymore.His refusal to shoot the puck is maddening and he takes too many stupid penalties.Also,Nylander's agent Paul Theofanous pulled that BS with Sandis Ozolinsh and the alleged knee issue.Jaromir Jagr's contract expires after 2007-08(he has a vesting option for 08-09 but Jagr is not going to reach the incentives at this pace).Lang has a history with Jagr in Pittsburgh and Washington plus Lang played with Shanahan in Detroit.Lang would be more agreeable to signing a one year deal than Nylander this summer since no team is giving an over 35 year old(Lang) more than a one year deal.In New York,Lang would be with Jagr.Plus Shanahan

The first round pick is to compensate for the difference in cap numbers.The Rangers would be taking on nearly $1.8 million.The Red Wings can use the extra room to fill other needs and they get an equal player if not better player in return.A player who fits into the Red Wings Swedish scene and Lang comes to New Czech with his goombas

To make the numbers work,place Darius Kasparaitis($2,898,300) on waivers.If he clears,assign him to Hartford.We'll deal with the Kasparatis situation after this season.Call up Ivan Baranka($521,667).The Rangers have around $1.7 million in cap space,it would be $2.3 million with the trade and demotion/call up.If Ozolinsh is healthy enough to report to Hartford by the end of this month,the Rangers would save an extra $1 million off Ozolinsh.$3.3 million in cap space.The deal doesn't hurt the Rangers chances this season and they add an additional pick

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

ohhh... here we go now.

Personally, though he doesnt shoot for **** - i really like Nylander and wouldnt make that trade.
Hes a creative machine at times and i think Lang is good, but not what the Rangers need IMO.

Ohh... but theres a first rounder in there... didnt see that. That changes things a little. hmmmm.

The very good points about the contracts and agents make this an intriging proposal.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-12-2007 at 12:37 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I seriously doubt the Wings would throw in a 1st round pick.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:32 PM
JRGNYR

Detroit would most likely want a conditional pick back also, in case Nylander signs elsewhere after the season. I also don't see them giving up a first rounder at all. I think Detroit's in need of a rebuild, or at least they can't afford to give up picks and/or prospects. With Yzerman gone and who knows what they'll do with Datsyuk, I just can't see them giving up a 1st rounder in a trade like this.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:37 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

The fact that the Rangers will actively seek another top-tier Centerman over the summer (and the rise of the cap will help somewhat) leads me to think theyll want to hold onto Nyls anyway.

hes had great numbers with the Rangers and would be an awesome center to have on the team with Cullen (whos going nowhere with his contract) and a true 1st or 2nd line center.

Thats if they really are geared to get that guy.

Old
01-12-2007, 01:30 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
The fact that the Rangers will actively seek another top-tier Centerman over the summer (and the rise of the cap will help somewhat) leads me to think theyll want to hold onto Nyls anyway.

hes had great numbers with the Rangers and would be an awesome center to have on the team with Cullen (whos going nowhere with his contract) and a true 1st or 2nd line center.

Thats if they really are geared to get that guy.
Gomez?

I know it's Larry Brooks, but it does make sense.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 03:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Gomez?

I know it's Larry Brooks, but it does make sense.
Could be. But i hate Gomez. Theres just some players i cant picture in a Rangers jersey.

Old
01-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Could be. But i hate Gomez. Theres just some players i cant picture in a Rangers jersey.
He's not so bad after you've had to go through Holik, Driver and John Maclean.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 03:36 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He's not so bad after you've had to go through Holik, Driver and John Maclean.
True.

Old
01-13-2007, 08:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
Detroit would most likely want a conditional pick back also, in case Nylander signs elsewhere after the season. I also don't see them giving up a first rounder at all. I think Detroit's in need of a rebuild, or at least they can't afford to give up picks and/or prospects. With Yzerman gone and who knows what they'll do with Datsyuk, I just can't see them giving up a 1st rounder in a trade like this.
It's all about cap space.The Red Wings pick is going to be in the late 20's.The Devils gave up a first round pick to move Vladimir Malakhov's contract and free up cap space.Detroit would get the better player in Nylander and free up nearly $2 million of cap space which allows them to acquire other players in addition to Nylander

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Fletch

Odd post...

not sure I've ever seen Rangerboy start a trade proposal thread.

Honesty, if that deal could go down, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But do the Wings need that cap space to make potential deals at the deadline? They may need that #1 for a more worthy swap of players. That may be a bit too much.

I agree on Nylander. He's way too hot and cold for me. And his hot and cold runs from one shift to the next - I remember him scoring on one of the first shifts of the game only to follow that up with a really bad pass between his blue line and the red line that resulted in an odd-man rush. Having said that, Sather probably should've picked up his option and he'd be a good option to play with Shanahan, if there was someone to play with Jagr, until someone like Dubi is ready to play (again, I thought that guy was Savard). Now Sather has to negotiate with Nylander, instead of having him for cheap, or sign someone for more.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 10:57 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I'd take Lang over Nylander.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 03:39 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Since half the season is over, that's like $900,000 of cap savings for the wings. That's not much for a 1st round pick. Nylander > Lang ATM but Put Lang with his old line mates Straka and Jagr and I bet you those stats get flipped so no big difference IMO. Silly trade. Wings get hosed.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:07 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I seriously doubt the Wings would throw in a 1st round pick.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Maybe a 3rd.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Ken Holland did not construct Cup winning teams making trades like that.

Sorry, pipedream, IMO.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 2380
we wouldnt know wat to do with the first

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote