Notices

David Moss Strikes Again Tonight

Old
01-12-2007, 12:29 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
David Moss Strikes Again Tonight

This kid has been nothing short of impressive. I think he's shown us that he can play at an NHL level, and I myself am very much looking forward to seeing him as a permanent part of this team. Same with Giordano. And I'm glad to see them bring up Godard again. He's a nice presence on the team, for his enforcer purposes. Like having a Chris Simon again, but better.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Tangs4President21212

Well, Quick, you took the words out of my mouth.... I brought up earlier in another thread what would happen when everyone was healthy.... and some one said boyd would get sent down... well, while i agree with that assumption i have a few words of wisdom on that topic...

When Boyd was called up by himself we can all agree that he did absolutely nothing... nothing against the kid, he's great but he didnt do much... then Moss gets called up and the Moss, Yelle, Boyd line clicks like your lightswitch... Moss makes players around him better... i agree that moss and boyd played together, but you're gonna have to have a great argument to tell me that Moss doesn't make players around him better as that line has pretty much sticked out as much as any other line since iggy's injury... however, that's my 2 cents....

Tangs4President21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 03:44 AM
OMA

He's making a hard argument that he showed be here on a permanent basis. I love the fact that he drives hard to the net and actually puts the puck on net.

It'll be awfully tough to send him down to Omaha after this showing.

Kudos to Boyd though too. I still think he isn't ready for a full time job, but he has come in and contributed. Once this guy gets a bit stronger on the puck he's going to be a very very good player.

It's nice to see that Omaha is so productive. The funny thing is the two most NHL ready prospects in Taratukhin and Nystrom still haven't seen action with the big club yet. Nice to have some depth.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:43 AM
looooob

giordano and moss are definitely looking good for the 11th and 16th best prospects on the 2nd worst group in the NHL

looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Body Checker

Moss looks soo composed out there, strong hockey sense. He reminds me of Marcus Nilson - is Marcus now expendable come July when he's a FA???

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:54 PM
chriss_co

nilson brings grit and a solid defensive game kinda like what yelle brings

i would resign nilson for the right price.. but w/ moss actually contributing, it puts less pressure to resign nilson

still i think we still have to be cautious about moss.. he's playing great right now as a depth callup.. i dont know if i would open up a roster spot for him just yet.. he still has alot to learn and prove to be a regular NHLer

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Lunatik*

Nilson will be gone... with his knee problems he isnt worth the risk... we only need 1 checking line not 2

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 02:26 PM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Nilson will be gone... with his knee problems he isnt worth the risk... we only need 1 checking line not 2
Yeah I'd tend to agree with that. There's a logjam at center right now.

Next year you'll have Langkow, Lombardi and Yelle (barring anything unforeseen). You'll also have Boyd and Taratukhin making a push from Omaha for jobs.

Unless they intend to play Nilson as a 4th line winger.. I think he may the odd guy out.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Iggy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Moss looks soo composed out there, strong hockey sense. He reminds me of Marcus Nilson - is Marcus now expendable come July when he's a FA???
You have to remember that Moss is also a FA after this year. Will the Flames re-sign him?
I honestly do not have any doubts about him whatsoever. Am I the only one that isn't worried when he's out there? I worry when Friesen is out there, Lundmark, etc...when Moss is out there I really don't think about it, because he's proven he can handle the pressure and he can light the lamp!!

Iggy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
kruezer

I think next year if the Flames keep the current top two lines (Tanguay, Huselius, Langkow, Lombardi, Iginla and Kobasew) and role with Yelle and Ritchie centering the bottom two lines, things will be interesting.

Tanguay - Langkow - Iginla
Huselius - Lombardi - Kobasew
xxxxxx - Yelle - xxxxxx
xxxxxx - Ritchie - xxxxxxxx
PB: xxxxx, xxxxxx

That leaves Moss and Boyd likely to get two of those spots. I wouldn't mind the Flames re-signing Amonte for another of those spots. That leaves on starter and two in the PB, I doubt Sutter would go purely with young guys for all those spots and their is a chance he will only carry 13 forwards. I wouldn't be surprised to see a cheap veteran grinder signed (or re-signed in the case of Lundmark, or Nilson, or Friesen or even McCarty I guess) for < 750k. and have that player and Nystrom/Taratukhin to fit in the 12th or 13th forward spots.

That may be still too young a team for Sutter to deal with, but I would be happy with that personally.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
Yeah I'd tend to agree with that. There's a logjam at center right now.

Next year you'll have Langkow, Lombardi and Yelle (barring anything unforeseen). You'll also have Boyd and Taratukhin making a push from Omaha for jobs.

Unless they intend to play Nilson as a 4th line winger.. I think he may the odd guy out.
that and with Lombardi being a RFA and being due for what is likely a significant raise... that money Nilson would command would be much better spent on that and a taratukhin/boyd cap hit

Old
01-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Sandmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
I think next year if the Flames keep the current top two lines (Tanguay, Huselius, Langkow, Lombardi, Iginla and Kobasew) and role with Yelle and Ritchie centering the bottom two lines, things will be interesting.

xxxxxx - Yelle - xxxxxx

That leaves Moss and Boyd likely to get two of those spots. I wouldn't mind the Flames re-signing Amonte for another of those spots. That leaves on starter and two in the PB, I doubt Sutter would go purely with young guys for all those spots and their is a chance he will only carry 13 forwards. I wouldn't be surprised to see a cheap veteran grinder signed (or re-signed in the case of Lundmark, or Nilson, or Friesen or even McCarty I guess) for < 750k. and have that player and Nystrom/Taratukhin to fit in the 12th or 13th forward spots.

That may be still too young a team for Sutter to deal with, but I would be happy with that personally.
Maybe Prust or Germyn could fill in one of those bottom 6 spots for cheap next year.

Sandmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:

xxxxxx - Yelle - xxxxxx

Lundmark is an RFA so he will likely be back next year... Ritchie is a UFA though... i really hope Sutter locks him up for another 2 or 3 years... even if he isnt scoring he's definately a great player to have

Old
01-14-2007, 03:17 AM
kruezer

I could see Prust taking a spot next year, even Godard, it could be between the two of them, I don't see Germyn being anything more than a callup all his career to be honest, but maybe I am wrong.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Draft Pick

must agree!!! it is going to be extremely difficult to send some of these guys back to omaha....

as gets ready to renew my season tickets for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
This kid has been nothing short of impressive. I think he's shown us that he can play at an NHL level, and I myself am very much looking forward to seeing him as a permanent part of this team. Same with Giordano. And I'm glad to see them bring up Godard again. He's a nice presence on the team, for his enforcer purposes. Like having a Chris Simon again, but better.

Draft Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Sandmachine

Quote:
I could see Prust taking a spot next year, even Godard, it could be between the two of them, I don't see Germyn being anything more than a callup all his career to be honest, but maybe I am wrong.
You could be right. I only saw Germyn when he played in Lowell. He didn't impress me much, but I was just judging by his apparent increase in production with Omaha, and also his fitting the Calgary Flames "mold".

Sandmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Tangs4President21212

since this is the best post i can make a reply.... i wanna know if anyone has any update on mccarty's inujury....i obviously know all of calgary is worried cuz all he does is contribute.... but lately all i've heard about it iggy's injury and nothing else.. thanks!!!

Tangs4President21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangs4President21212 View Post
since this is the best post i can make a reply.... i wanna know if anyone has any update on mccarty's inujury....i obviously know all of calgary is worried cuz all he does is contribute.... but lately all i've heard about it iggy's injury and nothing else.. thanks!!!
i havent heard anything either... but Godard was demoted so maybe he will be back against the preds... but keep in mind that is purely speculation on my part